Cards Texans 2009 Game Thread

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Gabe Watson blew that play up on the goal line stand. He gets a game ball in my book.:D

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
DRC and DD's celebrations are exactly what is wrong with this team. DRC doing his dumb highstepping to the endzone and DD's celebrations after stopping the Texans are a huge problem. This D has been schooled all year long. They had a 21-0 lead to work with, got lucky with one turnover and they are jumping around and celebrating like they have something to be proud of. Grow up. The D sucks, they have no reason at all to celebrate, especially DRC. You made the damn play you were supposed to and got payedto make and played awful so far this year.

Good God I could not agree with you more. The prancing by these pomps prima donnas is comical. Up until the end they had done nothing and at least DRC did what he is supposed to do late. The Dline has not been the prob except they can get no pressure on the Qb. Texans gave us this game at the end.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Leave it up to our defense/team to make a 21-0 lead at halftime end up being decided by one yard.

I agree with your assessment of DRC's shennanigans, but DD was celebrating a game winning stop on 4th and a foot. I got no problem with that.

And DRC was celebrating a game winning TD interception. Who the hell cares, if the game is decided by your play celebrate all you want as long as there is no flag thrown.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe I feel bad after a win...Especially in the NFL where wins are not easy to come by....But we shoot ourselves more in the feet than any team ever. We got really lucky to win a game after being up 21-0....I dont think another team has ever felt lucky to win after leading by 3 touchdowns. Except us. Sad.....Coach Whiz still suks in my opinion. Haley needs to come back.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Been a fan since the early 70's... and I NEVER FEEL BAD after a win.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I am not going to feel bad after a win because I do not think there will be many more. This team almost lost it's first 3 home games of the season. That is telling. The team is poorly coached....they do not play 4 qts. They are legends in there own minds.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ANybody watch the Danver game...They just won...and their coach ran to the field pumping his fist like 5 times and then jumped into a players arms....He has emotion...And he has taken a bad defensive team and made them 5-0....With a 2nd rate QB....Whiz shouldget everyone of his 5 games and hope to imitate him even 50%. Wow

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
WTH happened? I know they won, but only gained 25 yards in the entire second half?

I think these are the 2nd half stats. From looking at nfl.com play by play:

Warner 6-12-40 yards. Two other pass plays resulted in a penalty and a sack.

Hightower 1-3
Wells 1-6

One first down.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well not a pretty win but it's a win thank god. I don't know but I just had a bad feeling that the texans would come back and make it a game in the 2nd half, thank god for drc getting that int for a td and the cards def coming up huge on the 1 yard line to win the game just like they did against the 49ers last year!!! Good job getting the win Cards but show up for the whole game next week vs the seahawks.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
a win is a win.

a game we would have lost a few years ago. Now we treat this like the SF goal line stand last year and move onwards and upwards.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
check out this video on youtube just highlights of the game, but man that pick by drc for 6 and that goaline stand just makes me full of joy thank god we hanged on.... Oh yeah thank you Falcons for crushing the 49ers :) here is the videolink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68wEoXdk4Hk

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not going to feel bad after a win because I do not think there will be many more. This team almost lost it's first 3 home games of the season. That is telling. The team is poorly coached....they do not play 4 qts. They are legends in there own minds.

Couldn't agree more.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Until the team shows otherwise, it is difficult to argue against...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05