Cards v. Hawks Predictions:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter how much I want it to be so I cannot see us winning this game.

Too many injuries and the Hags will take advantage of our mistakes. We may set a record for pre-snap penalties.

Seahawks 34
Cards 17

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
But that's the rub. Last time we had Boldin, Fitz, Berry and Wilson. We're short 4 probowlers since last time.

We don't have the horses to run with the seahawks straight-up on the road, I don't think.

Ah. Did Boldin play last time? Thought he was hurt but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
joeshmo

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the weather will have alot to do with this sort of stuff...

Edit: Just checked the long-range forecast... Still early of course, but it says rain, wind and a high of 40 degrees for Sunday...

Interesting weather that could play into the favor of the team with the best rushing attack, which would be the Cards.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
But that's the rub. Last time we had Boldin, Fitz, Berry and Wilson. We're short 4 probowlers since last time.

We don't have the horses to run with the seahawks straight-up on the road, I don't think.

And, while I haven't heard any news yet (and hope not to), Dockett left the field late in the 4th quarter with a leg injury...
I also saw Duece limp off the field in the 3rd quarter and actually tried to call for his back-up at a point in the 4th quarter, however nobody came in to save him - he was clearly hurting... (Then again, he did feel well enough to come over to his family/friends in the SEZ after the game and appeared to be ok...). Dockett however concerns me...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting weather that could play into the favor of the team with the best rushing attack, which would be the Cards.
Mo Morris looks pretty good to me. I hope Alexander keeps him on the bench.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Whiz pulls out all the stops for this game. Don't hold anything back. Fake punts and FGs...well-timed, unexpected on-side kicks, flea-flickers, etc...
I agree with you. For the Cardinals to win this game, they will have to be aggressive & take risks. If those risks backfire, we get beat pretty easily, otherwise we give them one hell of a game & might get lucky.

Reaction score

Emphasis on could....the Hawks play in this sort of weather frequently(including yesterday - it was like 34 and raining in Philly) and rarely has it caused them to shy away from passing.

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree here. The Cards practice and play in warm, dry conditions. Cool and rainy will not benefit us in any way, especially when it comes to Warner and his hold on the ball.

The Seahawks on the other hand, deal with adverse weather all winter, and I'd almost bet they're hoping for rain on Sunday. Not only are they practicing in it as we type, but their game against Philly on Sunday was played in the cold and rain as well. The home field advantage (both crowd and weather), severely favors the hawks...

EDIT: Sorry Chrome. Looks like I took too long to compose my reply...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to disagree here. The Cards practice and play in warm, dry conditions. Cool and rainy will not benefit us in any way, especially when it comes to Warner and his hold on the ball.

The Seahawks on the other hand, deal with adverse weather all winter, and I'd almost bet they're hoping for rain on Sunday. Not only are they practicing in it as we type, but their game against Philly on Sunday was played in the cold and rain as well. The home field advantage (both crowd and weather), severely favors the hawks...

EDIT: Sorry Chrome. Looks like I took too long to compose my reply...

It wouldnt matter whether they play or practice in it if they had a real football field. Weather on Grass IS the great equalizer. However being that its field turf your point is VERY valid.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seahawks 38

Cards 23

With our injurys to the secondary and fitz and boldin hurt and may not be playing I dont like our chances that much in this game

Reaction score
FWIW, I WILL conceded that as things stand now, the Cards Rushing attack is more potent.....although it will be interesting to see how things develop with Alexander and Morris splitting carries.....the Hawks passing attack has been working for us for the most part though, so a potent rushing attack hasn't been completely necessary - but it sure would have helped the last couple of weeks when we were up by less than 7 points and needed to run the ball effectively to run out some time on the clock. In both cases we failed to get a first down when running the ball at the end of the game and needed our defense to bail us out. In 2005 we would have likely been able to run the ball, make the other team use up their remaining time outs, and then make a first down and have our QB kneel to run out the clock.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
some good analysis here

i expect the hawks to win - just like any game up in seattle - it's a tough environment

my keys have pretty much all been stated - seattle needs to rush warner, even back with the rams he didn't like travelling up there - it gets loud, it gets sloppy with the weather and if he takes a couple shots he gets a little jumpy and starts barking at people on offense - if they give him time like they did down here, he'll light them up

mebane has helped a lot with the run defense - edge was running so hard this last week that he looks hard to stop after initial contact - solid tackling and hard hitting will be a must for the seattle D

the cards should look to run and grind the clock - even if the hawks don't realize it, they are a pure rythmm offense - if they can play at a fast tempo and get it going they can score in bunches - they also tend to get disjointed and misfire some some quick series swinging time of possession and wearing down their defense

by holding the ball you don't allow that rythmm to really get going

turnovers as always will be huge

controlled emotion - the cards haven't been playing that smart, disciplined football that was promised and seattle is usually good with penalties - however, as seahawks fans we've seen them make life harder then it needs to be countless times

they win this game they clinch the division and sit with an outside chance of running the table and fighting for a bye

lose this game and the division comes into question

they need to come out like it's a playoff game, pull out all the breaks and play with the intent to dominate from start to finish - if they take that focused approach they should slip by with a tight win

31-27

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Whats the over/under on false starts by the Cards this game? 5 or 6?
Seattle 28
Cards 13

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a vision of "we're going to score!" Hasselback getting injured in the first half.

Cards 19 Seattle 16.

:koolaid:

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put me down for 24-17 SEA.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Seattle 30
Cards 17

We just do not have the DB's to cover an accurate QB like Hasselback. He also has a good runner so we have to cover the run and pass. Cards 10 Hawks 30. Our hope is to not turn the ball over and that James can play some possession ball with some good runs like 150 total.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser