Cards Vikings Game Thread

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We should have had a chance. STUPID EX-COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Bye Denny. Stupid A$$.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone who said we should have gone for two are now eating your words.
I told ya!!!

I guess I'm not following, we'd still be down a point if we'd kicked the Xp and made the FG instead of going on 4th down. That's 4 points, we're down 5?

So we'd still have to go for 2 now to tie the game, which is what we were saying earlier?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's a little different when you have Peyton Manning.

I think that Matt Leinart can be as good as Peyton Manning. The problem is that neither Anquan nor Fitz require the secondary to keep a safety deep, and they can be taken out of games. With a passing game as good as ours, we should be able to force defenses from keeping seven or eight in the box. But because neither threaten safeties over the top, we can't run when they're able to stop the pass.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Yes.. but what would you rather be doin... going for 2 now with a chance to tie... or relyin on an onside kick...

We put ourselves in a terrible spot having to go for it on 4th and 13... when if we had played it smart, we could have kicked the FG and made it an 8 point game...

You always save the 2 point try for the end of the game..

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess I'm not following, we'd still be down a point if we'd kicked the Xp and made the FG instead of going on 4th down. That's 4 points, we're down 5?

So we'd still have to go for 2 now to tie the game, which is what we were saying earlier?

We wouldn't have gone for it on 4th and 13 if Rackers had made the earlier field goal, I think he's saying.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no we would have already been tied. we gave up a 3 pt'er

No the score was 31-19 and we missed the 2 point conversion. If we kcik the XP it's 31-20. Then you kick the FG instead of going for it, assuming Rackers makes it, 31-23. Now after the TD, we STILL have to go for 2 and MAKE it, to tie the game. you're acting like the 2 point conversion was a given, but it's not.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Leinart throws a sweet deep ball, man. Not Daunte Culpepper sweet, but 100 times better than we've seen in the past decade...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We wouldn't have gone for it on 4th and 13 if Rackers had made the earlier field goal, I think he's saying.

we'd still be down at some point you HAD to get a 2 point conversion. That's my whole point, if it's not a good play at 31-19 because you might not make it, why assume you'll make it at the end?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser