Cards Vikings Game Thread

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Russ it was a bad move... since we got stuck going for a 4th and 13... and we got no points from it...

If we played it that way.. we could have at least been setting up for a 2 pt. conversion to tie with 40 seconds to go... instead of having no shot to tie and having to do the onside kick..

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
They should have reviewed the ball with Fitz on the sideline. It looked like he got pushed out of bounds.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Well, at least that was entertaining....

Looks like the battle for #1 comes down to OAK, DET and AZ with DET in pole position....

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference in this game was the phantom 15 yder and the non call of the push out.

They played just well enough to beat the Viking's but noit when you add in the officials.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ it was a bad move... since we got stuck going for a 4th and 13... and we got no points from it...

If we played it that way.. we could have at least been setting up for a 2 pt. conversion to tie with 40 seconds to go... instead of having no shot to tie and having to do the onside kick..

Again, your entire premise is that we make the 2 point conversion to tie the game. If we'd made the FIRST 2 point conversion we'd have been able to kick that FG and then tie it with a TD.

Either way you do it, you need a 2 point conversion to make it work, that's the point you're ignoring.

It's a matter of preference, not a ironclad right or wrong decision there. I don't like Denny at all but in that instance his choice is defendable IMHO.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I think that Matt Leinart can be as good as Peyton Manning. The problem is that neither Anquan nor Fitz require the secondary to keep a safety deep, and they can be taken out of games. With a passing game as good as ours, we should be able to force defenses from keeping seven or eight in the box. But because neither threaten safeties over the top, we can't run when they're able to stop the pass.

I like Matt too, but it's pretty bold to say that he's going to be as good as Peyton, who is arguably the best NFL QB in a very long time. Besides, we can draft a speedster, we don't need to trade Boldin or Fitz. That's just plain crazy. They are getting it done in a Cardinal uniform which hasn't been the case for hardly anybody we've gotten from another team.

Stop the insanity.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The difference in this game was the phantom 15 yder and the non call of the push out.

They played just well enough to beat the Viking's but noit when you add in the officials.

Sorry but that's crap.

The officiating was okay. Not bad for playing on the road.

We just made too many mistakes. Too many turnovers.

And Racker's missing another chip shot. If we would have won, I could let it slide.

But if your looking for a difference in the game, that's a better candidate.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
They should have reviewed the ball with Fitz on the sideline. It looked like he got pushed out of bounds.

Time would have run out. There were only 10 seconds left, and all the fat OL were standing back at the LOS looking at the catch.

Oh, and force outs are non-reviewable.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say the swing play was Matt's INT that got upheld on review. It goes from an 8 point game to an 11 point game because of that play.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I hear what your saying... but i think goin for it early and missing like that damages momentum and puts you in bad spots (4th and 13 down 12)..

Im a believer that you hold off as long as possible cause then when you get into a 4th and 13 from the 15 yard line... u can kick the FG and extend the game...

I know you'd still have to get the 2 point conversion at some point... but I like my chances better at the end of the game in a do or die situation with the offensen having some momentum... as opposed to sending them out after the D just scored a TD..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The right call was made on the 2 pt conversion, at the right time. Move along.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Sorry but that's crap.

The officiating was okay. Not bad for playing on the road.

We just made too many mistakes. Too many turnovers.

And Racker's missing another chip shot. If we would have won, I could let it slide.

But if your looking for a difference in the game, that's a better candidate.

41 yards - you must be some freaking kicker mate!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
41 yards - you must be some freaking kicker mate!

I have to agree. Rackers hsould have made the 41 yarder with ease. No excuse for the miss at all. Dome, Hold and snap were perfect. HE blew!

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder when the last time the Cardinals, or any team for that matter, rushed only 6 times in a game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear what your saying... but i think goin for it early and missing like that damages momentum and puts you in bad spots (4th and 13 down 12)..

Im a believer that you hold off as long as possible cause then when you get into a 4th and 13 from the 20 15 yard line... u can kick the FG and extend the game...

I know you'd still have to get the 2 point conversion at some point... but I like my chances better at the end of the game in a do or die situation with the offensen having some momentum... as opposed to sending them out after the D just scored a TD..

If you ask me the mistake was going on 4th down and not kicking the FG.

3:17 left, kick the FG it's 31-22. Get the TD and kick the XP 31-29 go for the onside kick, then set up for a FG at the end which undoubtedly Rackers chokes on.

I understand your point I'm just saying you're only right if you assume 100% that we make the 2 pointer when we need it. Green simply chose to take that risk earlier so in the event we failed, we had time left. If we kick that FG that last drive is completely different when we get into FG range.

Oh well, that's why we're th eCards

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im a believer that you hold off as long as possible cause then when you get into a 4th and 13 from the 20 15 yard line... u can kick the FG and extend the game...

I'm much more of a believer in not holding off a two point conversion for later. If you feel you need to go for it, do it then. Fail or succeed, you know for the rest of the game what you need to score to win. Not being in the position of "well, we are down one score if we can get the two point conversion, or two if not."

As it stood, we knew exactly what to do, and we damn near did it. I'd rather have the low-odds plays occur earlier in the fourth, than try to rely on them as the clock runs out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser