Cards Vs Hawks-

Reaction score
We'll see but He is a rookie- We should get pressure withh CC DD and the OLB's. - and AW has like legenday amount of Safety picks and sacks! PP gets his hand on it and it is too the house more times than not and Rhodes has a Hawk in him! Ball hawk that is.

CC's wingspan shall swallow Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised he doesn't get a pick! Skelton has more NFl experience. This is not underestimating Wilson-in my view- it is an accurate expectation.
We'll see next Sunday for sure, but I think what a lot of Cards fans are missing (largely because they haven't seen much of Wilson in person, other than highlights this preseason) is that part of the reason the Hawks are moving forward is BECAUSE Wilson doesn't get rattled under pressure - he's also a film junkie and before the draft Jon Gruden sat down with him and they went through a bunch of tape - Gruden basically couldn't believe how much Wilson was able to get out of the tape and documented a bunch of stuff that Wison had done as a college QB in pressure situations.
Having said this, nobody's perfect, and even the best QB's make mistakes - so the Cards may get to him and may rattle him some next weekend. Just don't be surprised if there are a number of situations where you see him do something you wouldn't expect from a rookie (he hasn't disappointed me in this regard so far during the preseason).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We split the series last year, and our loss early in the season was more of our ineptitude than great play from the Seahawks.

Marshawn Lynch is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He's a good, not great player. To the Hawks fan that says Lynch/Turbin is a huge gap between Wells/Williams. We'll see...Wells was close to Lynch last year as it was and he played most of the season on an injured knee.

I think this will be a close game, but Seattle doesn't have any gamebreakers on offense and Skelton to Fitzgerald will be the difference.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
P.S... Maybe Wilson isn't Cam, yet... But I'll tell you this, the Panthers SURE aren't the Seahawks when it comes to defense, O-line, running backs, etc. I think we are in for a low-down dirty scrum this sunday and it's gonna be awesome.

You must be registered for see images

You do realize that Carolina's backfield consists of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, right? Let's combine their stats from last season into one player, since they split carries and only had 12 more than Lynch last season:

1597 rushing yards on 297 carries (5.4 ypc) and 11 TD's (with their QB vulturing another 14 TD's along with 706 rushing yards)

548 yards receiving on 63 catches (8.7 ypc), 1 TD

And you don't put up those types of numbers without an oline that mauls in the running game. Seattle definitely has a better defense though.

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
We split the series last year, and our loss early in the season was more of our ineptitude than great play from the Seahawks.

Marshawn Lynch is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He's a good, not great player. To the Hawks fan that says Lynch/Turbin is a huge gap between Wells/Williams. We'll see...Wells was close to Lynch last year as it was and he played most of the season on an injured knee.

I think this will be a close game, but Seattle doesn't have any gamebreakers on offense and Skelton to Fitzgerald will be the difference.

People forget that we had a new O line coach last year, with a new blocking scheme, on a lockout year. And on top of that we had a dozen different o line combinations throughout the season. Lynch was the most productive back the last half of the season, and now we've had an off season to get it down and get healthy. Also, ppl stacked the box on Lynch since we had no qb, and no deep threats in passing game last year. If we had fitz, that would have opened things up for lynch even more. That being said, this is a whole new year, and only time will tell. Our run D was also better than AZ run D last year 112 ypd to AZ 124 ypg. So please, hand the ball off 30 times, its one of our strengths. ill give AZ the D line, for pass rushing, since ours still unproven. But it looks on the up and up.

The only player i would take from the cardinals is fitz in fact. And possible PP, but for returns mostly. this game feels like a trap game and i hope the hawks dont overlook the cards. I dont think the cards suck, not saying that, but on paper (why we play the games) this is a W for the hawks. rookie qb and all. Wilson wont be asked to do too much his first couple games. Our run game and D will keep things in check, he'll just need to move the chains and keep from making too many mistakes. If youve been watching RW this offseason, he does well under pressure, and isnt easily rattled. will he play perfectly? doubt it. but neither will skelton. our D and oline is better, and that will be the difference. however, i do think that if we cant get to skelton, this could be a close game. But i think we'll dial things up and take advantage of your Oline woes.

31-13 Hawks

PS: As long as we both dominate the whiners this year, its a good season in my book. Heres to a good healthy week one.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People forget that we had a new O line coach last year, with a new blocking scheme, on a lockout year. And on top of that we had a dozen different o line combinations throughout the season. Lynch was the most productive back the last half of the season, and now we've had an off season to get it down and get healthy. Also, ppl stacked the box on Lynch since we had no qb, and no deep threats in passing game last year. If we had fitz, that would have opened things up for lynch even more. That being said, this is a whole new year, and only time will tell. Our run D was also better than AZ run D last year 112 ypd to AZ 124 ypg. So please, hand the ball off 30 times, its one of our strengths. ill give AZ the D line, for pass rushing, since ours still unproven. But it looks on the up and up.

The only player i would take from the cardinals is fitz in fact. And possible PP, but for returns mostly. this game feels like a trap game and i hope the hawks dont overlook the cards. I dont think the cards suck, not saying that, but on paper (why we play the games) this is a W for the hawks. rookie qb and all. Wilson wont be asked to do too much his first couple games. Our run game and D will keep things in check, he'll just need to move the chains and keep from making too many mistakes. If youve been watching RW this offseason, he does well under pressure, and isnt easily rattled. will he play perfectly? doubt it. but neither will skelton. our D and oline is better, and that will be the difference. however, i do think that if we cant get to skelton, this could be a close game. But i think we'll dial things up and take advantage of your Oline woes.

31-13 Hawks

PS: As long as we both dominate the whiners this year, its a good season in my book. Heres to a good healthy week one.

I am going to do my best to bite my tongue here. But you Seattle fans are in for a really rude awakening when suddenly it occurs to you that Marshawn Lynch... is Marshawn Lynch. A barely above average back who is famous for one play... and after him your offense is hot garbage led by a 5'4" rookie.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We don't have any room to talk dude. We're in for a rude awakening when suddenly it occurs to us that John Sketon...is John Skelton. And that our line...is crap. A barely average QB who is famous for winning games in a meaningless season that even Kolb could have won...and after him our O-line is total crap led by a LT who hasn't started 16 games in his entire career and came from the Arena Football developmental squad.

I'll do my best to bite my tongue here though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have any room to talk dude. We're in for a rude awakening when suddenly it occurs to us that John Sketon...is John Skelton. And that our line...is crap. A barely average QB who is famous for winning games in a meaningless season that even Kolb could have won...and after him our O-line is total crap led by a LT who hasn't started 16 games in his entire career and came from the Arena Football developmental squad.

I'll do my best to bite my tongue here though.

I am not claiming our QBs are good, I am not claiming that the Cards will throw 31 on the board, on the road, with ease like these Seattle homers are.

Their offense is nothing to be excited over. They have one of the worst receiving corps in the entire league. Lynch and Beanie are a statistical wash, and thats with Beanie playing injured all year. And the hype the Seattle fans are carrying over here about Russell Wilson is some of the most outlandish-homerspeak I have ever heard in my life.

This game will probably end with a score like 13-17, and it will be rough going for both offenses throughout.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I came looking for matchups but instead found a lot of trash talk and defense of our respective turfs.

Yes, Lynch is a beast, but we've stopped beasts before/ but not always. And when we haven't, it's gotten ugly.

We've also been a mixed bag vs. mobile QB's like Wilson. We've stopped them before when we've stuck to "Vick Rules" (outside contain, gap discipline etc.). But when we overrun the QB, bounce off him, fail to wrap up or fail to keep our hands up to obstruct passing lanes, we can be embarrassed.

Our LBs and safeties can look horrible when they screw up coverage or fail to tackle RBs or TEs. But we know what PP21 can do, and, if our defense plays the way we know it can, we should be OK.

On the other side of the ball, we really don't know what we've got yet opening up holes, protecting the passer or hitting WRs. Protecting the ball has to be a paramount concern. All we have to go on right now is hope and educated guesses.

I like our STs - especially if and when we add Bethel to the kick blocking and coverage mix.

I haven't had time yet to check out Seattle other than Wilson (i.e. Doug Flutie II) and Lynch.

But until both teams "unwrap the package" in terms of personnel and scheming, I think the game can go either way (including a blowout by either team). As a Cardinal fan, I just don't know enough about us, let alone know the Seahawks.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals 20
Chickens 17
Skelton rocks a 4th quarter comeback after sucking most of the game. The Cardinal defense feeds on the chicken rookie soup, their QB is the one in for a rude awakening. He is no where near Cam or Bradford, he isn't even a bloody handprint. Skelton>Russell on Sept 9, 2012, book it. Can't wait, gonna bust out the chicken sandwiches, eat them up. Suckas. Ryan Williams better than any skittle.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Just like the Muffin, I see this game as even. I believe that the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win the game. The key for the Cards will be-----(can the newbies play within themselves and control their anxiety to where they play pretty much error free). I like that the crowd is ours this game, as that will help with noise problems on the snap when we have the ball, as opposed to the crowd from Seattle. I am hoping that R-Will can help the Bean to produce an, (as yet to be seen run game), for the Cards in regular season. That could help control the clock, as Lynch will also be pounding for clock time. We could win this in a close, low scoring match, and that would be huge for the Red Birds!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I keep trying to picture Duece in a chicken jersey, but all that comes to mind is "Did you see the size of that chicken?"

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Seen

What I have seen is Adrian Wilson, He is a beast at pass rushing and Ints. and igf Nipsey runs no safety hits harder than Wilson and he has been known to spy a running QB.

I give your Nipsey Russell respect- He beat out Matt Flynn and TJack. Flynn looked decent and I like Tjack, no really he does many things well.

As far as Desert Dawg and his big Deucemeister chicken- What does it say about that stupid Bear thrown out of the game trying to really hurt Deuce- Deuce just laughed and laughed he knew that Bear couldn't eat him!

We'll see next Sunday for sure, but I think what a lot of Cards fans are missing (largely because they haven't seen much of Wilson in person, other than highlights this preseason) is that part of the reason the Hawks are moving forward is BECAUSE Wilson doesn't get rattled under pressure - he's also a film junkie and before the draft Jon Gruden sat down with him and they went through a bunch of tape - Gruden basically couldn't believe how much Wilson was able to get out of the tape and documented a bunch of stuff that Wison had done as a college QB in pressure situations.
Having said this, nobody's perfect, and even the best QB's make mistakes - so the Cards may get to him and may rattle him some next weekend. Just don't be surprised if there are a number of situations where you see him do something you wouldn't expect from a rookie (he hasn't disappointed me in this regard so far during the preseason).

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
We'll see but He is a rookie- We should get pressure withh CC DD and the OLB's. - and AW has like legenday amount of Safety picks and sacks! PP gets his hand on it and it is too the house more times than not and Rhodes has a Hawk in him! Ball hawk that is.

CC's wingspan shall swallow Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised he doesn't get a pick! Skelton has more NFl experience. This is not underestimating Wilson-in my view- it is an accurate expectation.

If its fair to say Wilson will throw a pick or pick six, its equally fair to expect skeleton to do the same. Skwlton threw more in preseason (yeah yeah preseason doesn't matter. But he still wasn't trying to throw picks against 2nd stringers. He was competing for a starting job) so in that sense you could even say Wilson is more efficient than skeleton. Plus I'm.pretty sure I read somewhere that Wilson set a record in college for efficiency l. We'll c if it translates to the NFL. So far looks good.

I do expect CC and DD to put some pressure on him. But he's done pretty well so far feeling the pressure and moving. Some against first string D. Yeah the schemes will change but pressure is pressure.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Preseason is nothing more than some basic defenses. Wilson hasn't seen high tech schemes or multiple formation blitzes. Thinking Wilson is going to tear up the league is dreaming a little. Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman threw 27+ int's their rookie year and they came with a much better pedigree than Wilson. The funny thing...Wisconsin is a running team. So of couse it was a little easier to throw when you were rushing for 250+ yards a game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see next Sunday for sure, but I think what a lot of Cards fans are missing (largely because they haven't seen much of Wilson in person, other than highlights this preseason) is that part of the reason the Hawks are moving forward is BECAUSE Wilson doesn't get rattled under pressure -

I don't know if we'll win on Sunday or not, but this statement is just ludicrous. Wilson doesn't get rattled under pressure? He's NEVER faced pressure in the NFL in a live game. To say the above with with complete certainty... of a rookie is one of the more comical things I've ever seen here... and that's saying something.

that being said, I expect a hard fought game that probably comes down to the wire and Wiz somehow sneaks out another early season victory.

Reaction score
He's NEVER faced pressure in the NFL in a live game. To say the above with with complete certainty... of a rookie is one of the more comical things I've ever seen here... and that's saying something.
You know, you are right, there was NOBODY trying to tackle him during the preseason - It was a 10 Mississippi count before the other team could rush him. :sarcasm:

He HAS faced NFL pressure in the preseason - he likely hasn't been SCHEMED against thus far in the NFL and no one is saying that will not be an added complication for him. What I am saying, and what other experts have also said about Wilson is that he's a tape-junkie, he's mature beyond his years and does a great job of recognizing pressure and checking down and improvising when necessary.

I'm NOT saying that the Cards will not get to him, there is no such thing as a sack-proof QB. I'm just saying that your expectation of completely rattling him as you may another rookie is probably not going to work out as well as you hope.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, you are right, there was NOBODY trying to tackle him during the preseason - It was a 10 Mississippi count before the other team could rush him. :sarcasm:

He HAS faced NFL pressure in the preseason - he likely hasn't been SCHEMED against thus far in the NFL and no one is saying that will not be an added complication for him. What I am saying, and what other experts have also said about Wilson is that he's a tape-junkie, he's mature beyond his years and does a great job of recognizing pressure and checking down and improvising when necessary.

I'm NOT saying that the Cards will not get to him, there is no such thing as a sack-proof QB. I'm just saying that your expectation of completely rattling him as you may another rookie is probably not going to work out as well as you hope.

i never said i had any expectation of completely rattling him. in fact, in previous threads, i've made mention of the fact that the last two times we played rookie QBs in the season opener, both had pretty solid games and one set the all-time league record against us. So take the words you just put in my mouth and shove 'em back down yours, okay?

And I just think the idea that you're "moving forward BECAUSE your QB... who's never taken a live NFL regular season snap... knows how to handle pressure is completely baseless and ridiculous, which it is. To say that about ANY rookie is ridiculous because you literally have no basis in fact to say it.

but if you want to get all snitty, sarcastic and puts words in my mouth because incredibly ridiculous words came out of yours, more power to ya.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah... I'm not sure how any of my fellow Cards fans can make that claim with such assuredness. The Hawks were ranked 9th last year and while we made great strides the second half of the season, they still weren't great overall and it remains to be seen what they are this year.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
College

Matt Leinert Smoked Wilson in college- went to 4 NCAA championship games- and few respected him here- but really there is a reason shorter QB's usually don't make it in the NFL.

So all your hopes lean on Russell Wilson- He is so good he was drafted what overall? He is how tall, Lynch is uncertain? Tate is uncertain? pass me of that stuff man.

If its fair to say Wilson will throw a pick or pick six, its equally fair to expect skeleton to do the same. Skwlton threw more in preseason (yeah yeah preseason doesn't matter. But he still wasn't trying to throw picks against 2nd stringers. He was competing for a starting job) so in that sense you could even say Wilson is more efficient than skeleton. Plus I'm.pretty sure I read somewhere that Wilson set a record in college for efficiency l. We'll c if it translates to the NFL. So far looks good.

I do expect CC and DD to put some pressure on him. But he's done pretty well so far feeling the pressure and moving. Some against first string D. Yeah the schemes will change but pressure is pressure.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

31-13 Hawks

That's insane. Actually, most of your post is insane. First off, I have no idea who will win this weekend. But, there is no way you can make the statements you've made with a fully functioning brain. If we only have one player (perhaps 2) that is good enough to play for Seattle then clearly, this will be a Seahawks win for the record books. Only the sleaziest car salesman on the planet could tell you out of one face that he doesn't think your team sucks and then try and tell you out of his other face that every player on his team is better than every player on yours (Fitz excepted).

BTW, I think it's pretty much impossible to open your season with a trap game. The idea of a trap game is that a team will face a weaker opponent in between two stronger opponents and will possibly suffer from an emotional letdown against the weaker team. That's what makes it a trap, the in-between aspect. Also, I've seen more than a few breakdowns that challenge the suggestion that there is even such a thing as a trap game in the NFL. Bad teams are typically up and down, good teams generally win around the same rate in perceived trap games as they do against the rest of their schedule. If you're worried the Seahawks might lose to (or struggle against) this team you've defined as historically bad, it can't say much about your beloved Hawks.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Leinert Smoked Wilson in college- went to 4 NCAA championship games- and few respected him here- but really there is a reason shorter QB's usually don't make it in the NFL.

So all your hopes lean on Russell Wilson- He is so good he was drafted what overall? He is how tall, Lynch is uncertain? Tate is uncertain? pass me of that stuff man.

It's a good thing they don't test for that.

Steve