Cards Vs Hawks-

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People forget that we had a new O line coach last year, with a new blocking scheme, on a lockout year. And on top of that we had a dozen different o line combinations throughout the season. Lynch was the most productive back the last half of the season, and now we've had an off season to get it down and get healthy. Also, ppl stacked the box on Lynch since we had no qb, and no deep threats in passing game last year. If we had fitz, that would have opened things up for lynch even more. That being said, this is a whole new year, and only time will tell. Our run D was also better than AZ run D last year 112 ypd to AZ 124 ypg. So please, hand the ball off 30 times, its one of our strengths. ill give AZ the D line, for pass rushing, since ours still unproven. But it looks on the up and up.

The only player i would take from the cardinals is fitz in fact. And possible PP, but for returns mostly. this game feels like a trap game and i hope the hawks dont overlook the cards. I dont think the cards suck, not saying that, but on paper (why we play the games) this is a W for the hawks. rookie qb and all. Wilson wont be asked to do too much his first couple games. Our run game and D will keep things in check, he'll just need to move the chains and keep from making too many mistakes. If youve been watching RW this offseason, he does well under pressure, and isnt easily rattled. will he play perfectly? doubt it. but neither will skelton. our D and oline is better, and that will be the difference. however, i do think that if we cant get to skelton, this could be a close game. But i think we'll dial things up and take advantage of your Oline woes.

31-13 Hawks

PS: As long as we both dominate the whiners this year, its a good season in my book. Heres to a good healthy week one.

No way! The hawks allowed one less rushing first down than the Cardinals! That's so freaking amazingly awesome!

And then you go and say some ******** crap about how there are only two players you would take from our team! Ridiculous. Daryl Washington is 10x better than any LB you have. Calais Campbell is better than any lineman if you count Clemons as a backer, but if not I'd take Campbell over Clemons any day. You wouldn't take Peterson over Browner? You're smoking crack. Our WR Corps as a whole is a lot better than yours, and outside of Zach Miller, our TE group is better. Actually I'll just say our skill position players on offense are a lot better than yours. Marshawn "piece of crap punk" Lynch > Beanie Wells, but is Lynch and Turbin better than Wells and Ryan Williams (who has looked like a stud)?

Guys I would take from the Hawks? Offense: Doug Baldwin (as our #3) and Zach Miller (Phoenix Desert Vista grad). Defense: Clemons, Earl Thomas, Chancellor (as Wilson's backup and heir apparent), Sherman (#2 corner opposite Peterson). Now see? I can look at your roster a bit more objectively; I like a few of your players, even though your top player is a punk off the field (Marshawn Lynch).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say this, I would take Ken Whisenhunt over Pete Carroll any day. And...one of the last defensive coaches I would want my rookie QB going up against is somebody like Ray Horton. Everyone is talking talent, but it is what you do with that talent and Horton is one of the best young coaches in the league. There is no way in hell Wilson will have a grasp of Horton's defense going in now that Horton has his players fully implemented and he can dial a multitude of variations of it. Seattle is going to have to score on offense with play makers making plays because they are not going to outsmart Horton's defense.

Last edited:

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
I will say this, I would take Ken Whisenhunt over Pete Carroll any day. And...one of the last defensive coaches I would want my rookie QB going up against is somebody like Ray Horton. Everyone is talking talent, but it is what you do with that talent and Horton is one of the best young coaches in the league. There is not way in hell Wilson will have a grasp of Horton's defense going in. Seattle is going to have to score on offense with play makers making plays because they are not going to outsmart Horton's defense.

Well said. I think Horton's up to the task.

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
No way! The hawks allowed one less rushing first down than the Cardinals! That's so freaking amazingly awesome!

And then you go and say some ******** crap about how there are only two players you would take from our team! Ridiculous. Daryl Washington is 10x better than any LB you have. Calais Campbell is better than any lineman if you count Clemons as a backer, but if not I'd take Campbell over Clemons any day. You wouldn't take Peterson over Browner? You're smoking crack. Our WR Corps as a whole is a lot better than yours, and outside of Zach Miller, our TE group is better. Actually I'll just say our skill position players on offense are a lot better than yours. Marshawn "piece of crap punk" Lynch > Beanie Wells, but is Lynch and Turbin better than Wells and Ryan Williams (who has looked like a stud)?

Guys I would take from the Hawks? Offense: Doug Baldwin (as our #3) and Zach Miller (Phoenix Desert Vista grad). Defense: Clemons, Earl Thomas, Chancellor (as Wilson's backup and heir apparent), Sherman (#2 corner opposite Peterson). Now see? I can look at your roster a bit more objectively; I like a few of your players, even though your top player is a punk off the field (Marshawn Lynch).

lol, little touchy there i see. I never said that all the hawk players were better. i just said that there were two id want. I like the fact that the hawks are going in the young and hungry direction.

peterson over browner? lol heck no. browner had 6 ints 16 pass/def and 2 tds to petersons 2 picks 13 pass/def 0 tds, browner is 6'4' 220 pp is 6'1'. so yeah, like i said, as a returner id take pp, hes great, but ill stick with browner on the field k thx.

washington isnt 10x better, but ill concede, id take him over Hill on our roster, i like the direction of youth we are heading in.

chancellor is already better than wilson.
kam-- 97 tkls 13 pass/def 1 sack 4 ints 2 ff 1 fr
wilson 65 tkls 14 pass/def 0 sack 1 int 1 ff 0 fr

yeah, kam all the way, plus he is younger and only going to get better.

clemons had 3 more sacks, another ff, campbell had the int and fr and more tkls, so stat wise it was a wash imo. but ill let you have the edge only cuz campbell is younger. but with another pass rushing threat on the other side clemons is due to have a big year this year. he was our only pass rusher last year and often double teamed.

id take washington and campbell on a technicality really, rest goes to the hawks. try again

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, little touchy there i see. I never said that all the hawk players were better. i just said that there were two id want. I like the fact that the hawks are going in the young and hungry direction.

peterson over browner? lol heck no. browner had 6 ints 16 pass/def and 2 tds to petersons 2 picks 13 pass/def 0 tds, browner is 6'4' 220 pp is 6'1'. so yeah, like i said, as a returner id take pp, hes great, but ill stick with browner on the field k thx.

washington isnt 10x better, but ill concede, id take him over Hill on our roster, i like the direction of youth we are heading in.

chancellor is already better than wilson.
kam-- 97 tkls 13 pass/def 1 sack 4 ints 2 ff 1 fr
wilson 65 tkls 14 pass/def 0 sack 1 int 1 ff 0 fr

yeah, kam all the way, plus he is younger and only going to get better.

clemons had 3 more sacks, another ff, campbell had the int and fr and more tkls, so stat wise it was a wash imo. but ill let you have the edge only cuz campbell is younger. but with another pass rushing threat on the other side clemons is due to have a big year this year. he was our only pass rusher last year and often double teamed.

id take washington and campbell on a technicality really, rest goes to the hawks. try again

I love it. You Seattle fans are the best. Its too bad they're getting rid of the pro-bowl, because Seattle would probably be the first team to ever have their entire defense make the squad. Enjoy your 10 consecutive super bowls.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doublespeak much? If you weren't suggesting that Fitz was the only player on the Cards good enough to play for the Seahawks then just what did you mean when you said "The only player i would take from the cardinals is fitz in fact. And possible PP, but for returns mostly"? Are you telling us you'd select players for your team based on how they look in tights or something? You meant exactly what we thought you meant when we called you on it, don't be a coward and try to backpedal now.

Steve

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Doublespeak much? If you weren't suggesting that Fitz was the only player on the Cards good enough to play for the Seahawks then just what did you mean when you said "The only player i would take from the cardinals is fitz in fact. And possible PP, but for returns mostly"? Are you telling us you'd select players for your team based on how they look in tights or something? You meant exactly what we thought you meant when we called you on it, don't be a coward and try to backpedal now.

Steve

AND now the season has officially begun! lol

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I feel like he doesn't understand that you can have more than one starter at most positions. 2 starting corners means that you could have both Browning and PP, 3 starting d-lineman means that you could have both Clemens and CC and could have both AW and Kam. It would be one thing to say that you would only trade 2 players from our team for your best at those positions, but to say that there is only 2 guys on our roster that you would take over anyone on your roster is a bit homerish.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I wonder if you had a national poll and excluded Cards and Hawks fans, what percentage would pick Browner over Peterson? 5%, 10%?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I've been hearing this rhetoric from my cousin the last 3 months. To his credit as soon as OTAs was done he said Wilson had good chance to be the starter. He also told me that this is the "Most excited" he has ever been about the Seahawks going back to 1976. Yes moreso then 2005. They think they have a QBOF so its heady times for the Seahawks fans.

Bottom line is we both had similar teams last year and you got beat in AZ in as important a nonplayoff game as you will find. With Skeleton under center. We certainly havent regressed and Wilson and Turbine in an all rookie backfield isn't exactly a reciepe for success Game 1 in the NFL.

Seahawks think this is a "trap game" now lol. The myopia is at all time high.

If the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON is a "trap game" after your amazing 4-0 preseason then you aren't as good as you think you are in the first place. In Seattle I would predict a close Seahawks win. But you are going to get hit in the mouth on 9/9 as I think we have the better running game (ersp sans Lynch), better outside weapons, better defense, and better Head Coach.

Wake me up when Pete Carroll wins over 7 games with Seattle.

0-1 Simple.

Reaction score
I wonder if you had a national poll and excluded Cards and Hawks fans, what percentage would pick Browner over Peterson? 5%, 10%?

Of course a national poll would favor Peterson - he's a more well known name because of his success at LSU and because of a solid rookie year that included setting a record for return yards by a rookie.

Having said that, for the Seahawks scheme, Browner is a great fit - we prefer taller and more physical CB's who are very physical with WR's at the line of scrimmage and then play lock down man coverage. Peterson, while tall and very physical gives up 3 inches to Browner.

If you want proof of Browner's physicality, all you have to do is look at this gif from punt coverage during the last game of the season against the Cardinals last year. There wasn't mention of it during the broadcast, so I'm not certain if you guys have seen it (and yes, I acknowledge that Browner probably blocked the 1st guy in the back....still crazy physical play!)

You must be registered for see images

Finally, I think if is kind of silly to say that we'd take Browner over Peterson though - I'd like either - I think Peterson would actually be a great fit for the Seahawk's scheme as well.

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score

Steve

Your assuming thats what i meant. thats your problem. If thats what i meant, id say it. I was simply talking from a "if I was the coach" perspective. It was my way of saying i like the direction the seahawks are going in. size at corner, and youth across the roster. untangle your panties and relax.

keep thinking your D is better, no one outside of AZ feels that. We'll find out soon enough.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He blocks a guy in the back and the guy he blocked goes into a teammates legs forcing him to jump over him? Thats a crazy physical play?

So, is DRC a crazy physical corner now because he speared Leftwich in the face and got fined? At least that involved a hard hit, rather than your boy just shoving someone from behind.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Your assuming thats what i meant. thats your problem. If thats what i meant, id say it. I was simply talking from a "if I was the coach" perspective. It was my way of saying i like the direction the seahawks are going in. size at corner, and youth across the roster. untangle your panties and relax.

keep thinking your D is better, no one outside of AZ feels that. We'll find out soon enough.
Man the chicken smack is pretty weak this year, it's surprising because they usually send over some quality knowledgable friendly debate too... :D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I get it...You're saying the Cards suck & the Hawks are gonna romp this weekend without actually saying it! It's ok, we've got those guys on a weekly basis here. You're just like blowhard (Niners fan), who says he's here just to "discuss football" when his intentions are simply to stir up the pot with us Cardinals fans. It's cool, if that's your life's goal because this is the only post you will get from me because I think fans should stay on their own teams boards. Good luck on the season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not assuming what you meant, I'm reading what you meant. Again, backpedal all you want but I'd have a lot more respect for you if you shot your mouth off and then stood up for what you said. So far, you've shot your mouth off and then backpedaled for all it's worth.

Also, I have made no claims about our D. I think there's a good chance that we are taking the field with the worst combination of offensive line and quarterback that the game has ever seen. I'm not sure there is a defense capable of overcoming that group. But, if they've somehow managed to figure out how to provide Skelton with at least a semblance of protection, I like our D's chances at taking it to your rookie QB.

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"TOne of my new rules this year is to not buy a Cardinals QB jersey unless he has started for 2 years...so I may never purchase one again! I did just score my skeleton shirt online though, was gonna rock the whole costume but it's just too dang hot out. Instead I went with the red shirt with the skeleton bones done in black. Probably put something on the back like #birdgang or GoBones.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"TOne of my new rules this year is to not buy a Cardinals QB jersey unless he has started for 2 years...so I may never purchase one again! I did just score my skeleton shirt online though, was gonna rock the whole costume but it's just too dang hot out. Instead I went with the red shirt with the skeleton bones done in black. Probably put something on the back like #birdgang or GoBones.

My rule is to never buy a player's jersey period. I have an entire section of my guest room closet full of jersey's of players from the 90's who were released within weeks of my buying their jersey. Still have my old Rawlings #14 DUCKJAKE jersey in the center of my bedroom closet though. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Of course a national poll would favor Peterson - he's a more well known name because of his success at LSU and because of a solid rookie year that included setting a record for return yards by a rookie.

Having said that, for the Seahawks scheme, Browner is a great fit - we prefer taller and more physical CB's who are very physical with WR's at the line of scrimmage and then play lock down man coverage. Peterson, while tall and very physical gives up 3 inches to Browner.

If you want proof of Browner's physicality, all you have to do is look at this gif from punt coverage during the last game of the season against the Cardinals last year. There wasn't mention of it during the broadcast, so I'm not certain if you guys have seen it (and yes, I acknowledge that Browner probably blocked the 1st guy in the back....still crazy physical play!)

Finally, I think if is kind of silly to say that we'd take Browner over Peterson though - I'd like either - I think Peterson would actually be a great fit for the Seahawk's scheme as well.

You talk about size, but completely ignore how much faster Peterson is. It's no contest here; in a 40 yard sprint, Peterson would finish first, get a drink of water, and then come back and great Browner when he finally crosses the line.

Look it's one thing to like your team; it's another to be a complete and total homer. I bet if you asked 32 GMs if they would trade Browner AND a draft pick for Peterson, all 32 GMs would say yes. Browner is a nice player, but I doubt he maintains what he did last year.

And no we don't remember that play; the play we remember was walking off the field with a win, sending Pete Carroll home with back-to-back 7-9 seasons.