Carson Palmer for MVP?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palmer getting some notice on PFT

Carson Palmer deserves MVP consideration. For most of this season, everyone has named Tom Brady and Cam Newton as the MVP frontrunners. But if I had to award an MVP today, I think I’d give to to Palmer for the way he has led the Cardinals’ high-scoring offense this year. Yesterday against the Rams, Palmer was outstanding, with 356 passing yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. I’d argue that Palmer, week in and week out, has been even better than Brady and Newton.
Link

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Newton has to be it, they are 12-0.

Brady is 31 TDs 6 Int compared to Carson 29 TD 10 Int.

Carson has the best QB rating among the three but I think it should be Newton.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will say that it pisses me off that Palmer is mostly considered and after thought for the MVP awar (same thing with Dalton with McCaffrey for the Heisman). It just shows the west coast and small guys just don't matter. Let Cam get the individual award he would be very deserving. We'll take the team hardware.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The case for Palmer:

Cards are the number 1 Offense for yds per game, points per game, first downs per game and 3rd down efficiency. 2nd for yds per play, steelers 6.5 Cards 6.4

Carson has won more games then any other QB over the past ......forget the actual stat but it's impressive. :)

Cards were 6-0 with Palmer as the starter last year & 5 - 6 (playoff loss) without him.

I can't complain if Newton gets the award but then Carson better get the come back player of the year award, sorry HB and PP.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Newton will probably get the MVP but if Carson doesn't get comeback player of the year it will be a travesty.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The case for Palmer:

Cards are the number 1 Offense for yds per game, points per game, first downs per game and 3rd down efficiency. 2nd for yds per play, steelers 6.5 Cards 6.4

Carson has won more games then any other QB over the past ......forget the actual stat but it's impressive. :)

Cards were 6-0 with Palmer as the starter last year & 5 - 6 (playoff loss) without him.

I can't complain if Newton gets the award but then Carson better get the come back player of the year award, sorry HB and PP.

To add "Carson Palmer had a rating of 110.0 yesterday. It’s the eighth game this season in which Palmer cracked the 100.0 rating mark."

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Newton will probably get the MVP but if Carson doesn't get comeback player of the year it will be a travesty.

Eric Berry has been playing great since his comeback from cancer.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Especially if he loses out to Adrian Peterson, who is coming back from a suspension due to beating his kid. Apparently, he would be eligible, according to a couple of NFL insider tweets I've seen this year?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Especially if he loses out to Adrian Peterson, who is coming back from a suspension due to beating his kid. Apparently, he would be eligible, according to a couple of NFL insider tweets I've seen this year?

All things being equal, I do believe a game like this Thursday's will go a long way in deciding between AP and Carson.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To add "Carson Palmer had a rating of 110.0 yesterday. It’s the eighth game this season in which Palmer cracked the 100.0 rating mark."

Good post, I looked it up and Carson is 3rd ytd in QBR with a 106 rating. R Wilson is 2nd with a 106.2 and Dalton is 1st with a 107.4 rating.

Brady has a 102.8 rating and Newton's is 93.0, FWIW.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
FOX Sports Arizona ‏@FOXSPORTSAZ 2m2 minutes ago
Carson Palmer's last 27 starts = 611-of-949 (64.4%) / 7,852 yards / 56 TDs, 20 INTs / 101.0 ratingg / #AZCardinals are 23-4

Let that sink in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's got to go to Cam right now simply because they're undefeated and he's their entire offense... an offense which is averaging 30 ppg. I mean, Jonathan Stewart is his best weapon and he's a run of the mill RB. But, Palmer should definitely be in the convo alongside Brady for number 2. He's been sensational this season.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lot o' football yet to play. One of them will distinguish themselves further, most likely.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Cards are going to get Goldschmidted come Awards season:

MVP:
1. Newton
2. Palmer

ROY:
1.Jameis Winston
2. David Johnson

DPOY:
1. JJ Watt
2. Tyrann Mathieu

Walter Payton Man of the Year:
1. Anyone Else
2. Patrick Peterson

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MVP:
1. Newton
2. Palmer

ROY:
1.Jameis Winston
2. David Johnson

DPOY:
1. JJ Watt
2. Tyrann Mathieu

1. Anyone Else
2. Patrick Peterson

That's okay... at the end of the year, we'll be #1 in the power rankings after we win the Super Bowl.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals ‏@AZCardinals 8m8 minutes ago
Carson Palmer showed up to availability in a Stanford jersey. Apparently he lost a bet on his alma mater.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cam his it on lock unless he implodes, which isn't going to happen. That's the problem with blockheads like Cam - once their confidence is up it never breaks, the same way when he gets down he stays down. Frankly he deserves it - mean did you see how many drops Ginn had yesterday? He is working with nothing.

Palmer will get Comeback Player of the Year as a consolation.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

MVP:
1. Newton
2. Palmer

ROY:
1.Jameis Winston
2. David Johnson

DPOY:
1. JJ Watt
2. Tyrann Mathieu

1. Anyone Else
2. Patrick Peterson

I think you are right, except I think HB will end up as DPOY. I think he has a few big highlight reel plays coming this season still - and we have at least one prime time game left.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

MVP:
1. Newton
2. Palmer

ROY:
1.Jameis Winston
2. David Johnson

DPOY:
1. JJ Watt
2. Tyrann Mathieu

1. Anyone Else
2. Patrick Peterson

Amari Cooper should be ROY.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are right, except I think HB will end up as DPOY. I think he has a few big highlight reel plays coming this season still - and we have at least one prime time game left.

Mathieu will have to step it up the next few games, he was invisible in STL but then again they seemed to only throw at bethel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy