Cavs at Suns 3/12 PAYBACK TIME

cly2tw

Reaction score
Whats wrong with what Andrew said?

He didnt say Lebron was overrated.. He just said that the media hypes him up too much.

Some people will disagree, and some, like myself, would agree. Everyone said (some stll do) that he has no help on his team, but frankly, if it werent for Williams' clutch plays, the Cavs dont win. Hell, if it werent for Boobie Gibsons heroics in ecf game 7, Lebron doesnt sniff the finals.

Every damn player in the NBA Nash plays against would make those clutch plays anytime they see the Suns! So, what else is new?:bang:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Williams has been great in other games too, not necessarily just against the Suns.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Williams has been great in other games too, not necessarily just against the Suns.

That is very true for Mo Williams.

But how about Brooks? ... Westbrook? ... And God knows how many others ...

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone realize with this 6 game loosing streak were are actually tanking...... WITH STYLE :)

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Suns are 6 games out. They don't stand a chance. A miracle would have to happen.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Here are the teams that could still be said to be in contention:

L.A. Lakers1p 52 13 7-3 W 2
San Antonio2 43 21 6-4 L 1
Houston3 42 24 7-3 L 1
Utah4 41 24 13-18 9-1 L 1
New Orleans5 40 23 17-14 8-2 W 1
Portland6 40 24 6-4 L 1
Denver7 41 25 4-6 W 1
Dallas8 40 25 7-3 W 3
Phoenix 34 31 3-7 L 6

NO, Utah and Houston are hot and there is no way the suns catch up to them

say the suns got hot and won just over 80% of their remaining games (14 of 17) in order to finish with a tied record and put TBs in play they would need portland to go 8-10, denver to go 7-9 and dallas to go 8-9

i could probably see denver going 7-9, but I just don't see the suns winning 14 of their remaining 17

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron as a player is over hyped, but then again that is my opinion, but apparently opinions don't mean anything here.

And keep up with your assumptions, it only makes YOU look like an ass.
Says the guy obsessed with Shaq.

:)

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Went to my first Suns game this season tonight, forgot about the demented persecution complex of too many of this team's fans.

And for those who bitched about the JRIch call, well, the moron shouldn't have tried a 360.

I agree. It doesn't matter how bad that blown call was. What the hell was he thinking?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lebron is a bit over-hyped. I have heard this talk about him averaging a triple-double since he was a rookie as if it were a given that he would someday achieve it, he hasn't even averaged a double-double. He's a pretty weak rebounder for his size.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'm with Mao and Bufalay. saw the highlight and couldn't believe he could be that stupid. thats something you do in either 1. not a close game, or 2. not a must win for a team that has lost however many straight now.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
lebron is pulling down 7.5 boards this season - which according to yahoo's positions statistical breakdown is better than any other SF, GF, G, SG, or PG

He'd be 5th in the F position behind Millsap, Jamison, Odom & Green

For his position he rebounds pretty well and his average this year has been pretty consistent with his career

He's also putting up 7.2 assists per game this year. Once again highest in the SF, F, GF and SG categories. Behind only Wade is the G category (7.7 apg). He would be 9th in the PG category.

He does have a really good all around game.

I do believe he has been overhyped some and a bit too early. Averaging a triple double is very difficult (that's the reason it's only been done once - love watching film on that guy, probably my favorite). A double-double is also very difficult and out of reach for most who don't live on the block or operate as a top flight PG.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lebron is pulling down 7.5 boards this season - which according to yahoo's positions statistical breakdown is better than any other SF, GF, G, SG, or PG

He'd be 5th in the F position behind Millsap, Jamison, Odom & Green

For his position he rebounds pretty well and his average this year has been pretty consistent with his career

He's also putting up 7.2 assists per game this year. Once again highest in the SF, F, GF and SG categories. Behind only Wade is the G category (7.7 apg). He would be 9th in the PG category.

He does have a really good all around game.

I do believe he has been overhyped some and a bit too early. Averaging a triple double is very difficult (that's the reason it's only been done once - love watching film on that guy, probably my favorite). A double-double is also very difficult and out of reach for most who don't live on the block or operate as a top flight PG.

He's also bigger than any SF. He's basically the same size as Amare, but not as good at rebounding as Amare the "horrible rebounder".

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
He's also bigger than any SF. He's basically the same size as Amare, but not as good at rebounding as Amare the "horrible rebounder".

now you are telling stories

he's shorter than amare - there are also plenty of guys playing the 3 who are as tall if not taller - Rashard Lewis gets about 6 a game and he's amare's height

lebron is also pulling more boards than the 6'11" villanueva, tayshaun prince (who is closer to lebrons height, maybe a touch taller), tyrus thomas and marvin williams are other examples of guys around his height who are pulling down significantly less boards

durant is taller - pulls fewer, granger is about the same height - pulls fewer, stephen jackson - same height less boards, paul pierce - a touch smaller but a physical guy who pulls fewer

grant hill is about as tall as lebron playing the same position - obviously built completely different

there are plenty of guys playing on the wing with his height and he rebounds his position very well

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
now you are telling stories

he's shorter than amare - there are also plenty of guys playing the 3 who are as tall if not taller - Rashard Lewis gets about 6 a game and he's amare's height

lebron is also pulling more boards than the 6'11" villanueva, tayshaun prince (who is closer to lebrons height, maybe a touch taller), tyrus thomas and marvin williams are other examples of guys around his height who are pulling down significantly less boards

durant is taller - pulls fewer, granger is about the same height - pulls fewer, stephen jackson - same height less boards, paul pierce - a touch smaller but a physical guy who pulls fewer

grant hill is about as tall as lebron playing the same position - obviously built completely different

there are plenty of guys playing on the wing with his height and he rebounds his position very well

I said bigger, not taller.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
wow - really looking for anything aren't you? - even if you are bigger you still have to work your way into position, have good timing and good overall ability

he puts himself in a position to grab rebounds and uses his physical attributes to get it done - he's not going to rebound like a guy who is setup on the block or a guy who doesn't have the offense flow through them

he's a wing player so that means most of the time he's going to be away from the rebound - also the ball will often times either be coming off his hand or going away from him on a pass, either way doesn't leave you in prime rebounding position

why is it hard to acknowledge that over 7 boards a game is a pretty good stat for a wing?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wow - really looking for anything aren't you? - even if you are bigger you still have to work your way into position, have good timing and good overall ability

he puts himself in a position to grab rebounds and uses his physical attributes to get it done - he's not going to rebound like a guy who is setup on the block or a guy who doesn't have the offense flow through them

he's a wing player so that means most of the time he's going to be away from the rebound - also the ball will often times either be coming off his hand or going away from him on a pass, either way doesn't leave you in prime rebounding position

why is it hard to acknowledge that over 7 boards a game is a pretty good stat for a wing?

It is pretty good, but he's definitely big and strong enough to get more. You're right that it is mostly due to his position.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Ignoring the fact that cleveland has 3 players averaging 7+ rebs.

I predict his rebounding will also skyrocket in the postseason.