Chargers at Cardinals MNF gameday thread 10-21-24

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One week you getting destroyed by Love and the next you holding Herbert to no tds. Defense is on one heck of a rollercoaster this season.
LaFleur with his armada of WR 2s is a lot more dangerous than Greg Roman working with practice squad receivers. This was the one matchup where our DBs had a massive talent advantage. There were quite a few perfect throws from Herbert that were dropped.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is such a terrible argument.

That was ONE GREAT run and lifted his overall game from bad to average.

Or do you think a 14/26 for 145 yards, 1 TD/1 INT is a good passing game? Because in most people’s books, that’s a terrible game from a QB.

This is true.

But on Sportscenter they were talking about the two QBs and how Herbert threw for more than 2xs the yardage of Murray but never got his team in the end zone while Kyler did twice. The guy actually said Herbert is "empty calories". Murray has had games like that in past years with big yards but getting an L. I definitely preferred being on this side of the conversation. The stats are ugly, but made some plays that actually won the game.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He was definitely not above average ! ! !.. But, wow... If you're a Cardinals fan... Just enjoy the win ! ! !. As far as your post about Kyler Murray goes. It's seems that anyone posting should NOT comment well about Kyler Murray’s play because; " The Hate is Strong is this One ". SMH.. The guy was in NO way a world beater tonight but at least the guy did enough to win the game SMH...
I'm not a K1 fan but I agree with this 100%. Kyler didn't have a great game, but he was good enough. I don't care about stats I care about wins, and tonight Kyler led us down the field for the game winning score. I'll take that every week.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a terrible argument.

That was ONE GREAT run and lifted his overall game from bad to average.

Or do you think a 14/26 for 145 yards, 1 TD/1 INT is a good passing game? Because in most people’s books, that’s a terrible game from a QB.
Got the job done all games aren’t pretty, but yo y’all like to act as though he had time like Herbert to stand back there and scan the field. Or pretend guys aren’t dropping balls hitting them right in the hands at huge points of the games. Every QB has bad throws but they also usually have some receivers make great catches as well… It’s a win but some of you can’t be happy without criticizing Murray repeatedly it’s just ignorant and tiring quite frankly. And yes the one crazy running TD does make his game better than average lol…

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is true.

But on Sportscenter they were talking about the two QBs and how Herbert threw for more than 2xs the yardage of Murray but never got his team in the end zone while Kyler did twice. The guy actually said Herbert is "empty calories". Murray has had games like that in past years with big yards but getting an L. I definitely preferred being on this side of the conversation. The stats are ugly, but made some plays that actually won the game.

Herbert didn’t get his team in the EZ because Jalen Reagor is Jalen Reagor. It’s pretty impressive the numbers Herbert had throwing to nobody’s with the exception of the McHonkey rookie.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm not a K1 fan but I agree with this 100%. Kyler didn't have a great game, but he was good enough. I don't care about stats I care about wins, and tonight Kyler led us down the field for the game winning score. I'll take that every week.
An ugly win is better than a pretty loss 100% of the time.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Should we even talk about street free agents Naquan Jones and Ben Stille being better players than the two dudes we gave big contracts to? What a game by the run defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was 100% watching through my fingers.
I almost walked out of the room before he kicked it.

I’ll say this though… he’s the first kicker I can remember since Chris Jacke, who’s come on this team and immediately nail his first two game winners. Both with relative ease too, no eeking a kick just inside an upright.

Keep him and cut Prater once he comes back. This year is about the future so if we can

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing tonight convinced me we are not in the bottom 25% of the league.
This offense is pitiful.
Yeah… I’m happy we won and are only a game back of 1st, if only to keep the delusion of important games lasting a little longer and the WHAT IF Kyler and Harrison ever reach their potential, but this has 2002 vibes circling, where we we’re arguably the worst 4-2 team I had ever seen and knew sooner or later, our close shave Ws over bad teams was gonna flip and eventually we’d start losing games. A lot of them. And we did, en route to an ugly 1-9 finish.

But, our second half of season schedule isn’t exactly a murderers row, so like I said, happy tonight to let delusion carry me a little longer.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… I’m happy we won and are only a game back of 1st, if only to keep the delusion of important games lasting a little longer and the WHAT IF Kyler and Harrison ever reach their potential, but this has 2002 vibes circling, where we we’re arguably the worst 4-2 team I had ever seen and knew sooner or later, our close shave Ws over bad teams was gonna flip and eventually we’d start losing games. A lot of them. And we did, en route to an ugly 1-9 finish.

But, our second half of season schedule isn’t exactly a murderers row, so like I said, happy tonight to let delusion carry me a little longer.
Cheese, if not for 1 or 2 great plays ( Connors strip and the strip into the endzone we would be 2-5 and Kyler along with this offense would be getting shredded to pieces.
Miami gets Tua back and that will be enough to beat us and the Bears game, ugh, we will be lucky to score 10 points.
3-6 looms ahead.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score

Kinda a glass half empty person huh??? Not that you won't be proven right in your assessment but you never can tell... I kinda don't think it helped this team in any way shape or form when you have the number 4 pick in the draft and a bunch of picks because you're rebuilding and the NFL decides to schedule 5 of your first 6 games against playoff teams ( Good luck rookies lol.) that made the playoffs for the past 2 seasons.. The NY Giants are 2-5 ( with and easier first 6 weeks ) than the Cardinals and they picked 6th, don't even mention the Seahawks first 6 games smh, take a look at their schedule. They should be undefeated even after week 7.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan