Chargers at Cardinals MNF gameday thread 10-21-24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
whats weird: both Wilson and MHJ had contested balls that they both jumped for but didnt need to -- and in fact, increased the difficulty of the catch significantly --
i just feel like both those balls were passes that I see other, non superstar WRs make with regularity
I think it’s somewhat indicative of the fact that kyler has a tendency to throw high. The receivers adapt to that. Unfortunately it bites them in the backside when it’s unnecessary to jump.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Theo Mackie

@theo_mackie
·
23s

Isaiah Adams struggled again as a pass blocker last night. Allowed two pressures on 12 snaps — including the one that prevented Murray from finding Harrison for a long TD — and had a 30.4 PFF grade.Third-round rookie continues to grade out well as a run blocker, though.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but this has 2002 vibes circling, where we we’re arguably the worst 4-2 team I had ever seen and knew sooner or later, our close shave Ws over bad teams was gonna flip and eventually we’d start losing games.
Ugh! Or how about that 2012 team with the 4-0 start and 1-11 finish?

(But that trip to Scottsdale and watching them beat the Eagles was almost enough to make the whole season worthwhile!)

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all saw his college tape, and multiple first round wide receivers out of Ohio (Wilson, Olave, Smith-Njigba) have said MHJ was the best WR out of the 3 of them.

He didn't suddenly get bad.
Well he at least suddenly got "not very good". But I think your point was that he didn't suddenly lose the capability to be very good. Hopefully he, Murray, and Petzing will soon start doing what it takes for him to reach that potential.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh! Or how about that 2012 team with the 4-0 start and 1-11 finish?

(But that trip to Scottsdale and watching them beat the Eagles was almost enough to make the whole season worthwhile!)

That team totally snowed me though. The 2002 team was barely beating the drek of the league en route to their 4-2 record.

That 2012 team was actually beating GOOD teams, the Patriots (on the road no less) and then pulverized that 3-0 Eagles team people were calling the dream team. I didn’t think they were necessarily a Super Bowl team but thought they could be a playoff team. So that drop catastrophe hurt a little more than the 2002 team that I expected to collapse.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After last nignts games, here are the predicted final records.

You must be registered for see images attach
They have the Cardinals going 5-1 in the division... so, 3-1 the rest of the way with two games against the Seahawks and one each against the 49ers and Rams. That seems... optimistic!

And they have Washington flaming out and going 4-7 the rest of the way, while the Eagles go 9-2 to easily win the NFC East. I think both of those predictions are way off base.

Broncos 11-6 and the #1 AFC Wild Card, with the Steelers getting the second WC at 10-7 and the Jets snagging the third WC with a 9-8 record... seems overly bullish on the Broncos and Jets, but we shall see!

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have the Cardinals going 5-1 in the division... so, 3-1 the rest of the way with two games against the Seahawks and one each against the 49ers and Rams. That seems... optimistic!
If that actually happened we would be in a five way tie for the #7 spot of the playoffs. But Tampa would get it by having the best conference record.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that actually happened we would be in a five way tie for the #7 spot of the playoffs. But Tampa would get it by having the best conference record.
Are we looking at the same graphic? They have the entire NFC North at 10-7 or better, so they'd get all the Wild Cards. the Cardinals would be tied with Washington, Tampa Bay, and Seattle for #8.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we looking at the same graphic? They have the entire NFC North at 10-7 or better, so they'd get all the Wild Cards. the Cardinals would be tied with Washington, Tampa Bay, and Seattle for #8.
I missed the Bears being at 10-7. I guess that game in two weeks decides the last playoff spot. :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Agree with this. But recognizing, and appreciating, that doesn’t mean we can’t also discuss his overall performance in reasonable terms, right? That’s what’s weird with this board. Some players become absolutely beyond reproach with some posters. For the life of me I’ll never understand that. I’d even criticize Fitz if he earned it.
I agree completely. The so called "Stans" in this thread are a great example of this. There is so much trolling going on in this thread it was hard to press through it. It was made much easier because of the win

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan