Chiefs fans are communists and deserve to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, my draw dropped when they hijacked the National Anthem and added their stupid, tasteless shout out for their team.

I guess when Americans denigrate the Anthem, the terrorists have truly one.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Seriously, my draw dropped when they hijacked the National Anthem and added their stupid, tasteless shout out for their team.

Yeah that was odd to me when I heard it the first time, I'm not a fan of that and don't participate.

It's less obnoxious in their own stadium but still.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Agree. To me, it's not so much that they yelled "Chiefs", but the fact that they showed disrespect, in my opinion, to the anthem and country. If they do that at Arrowhead every home game, as a vet, I find that insulting. Just my opinion.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Agree. To me, it's not so much that they yelled "Chiefs", but the fact that they showed disrespect, in my opinion, to the anthem and country. If they do that at Arrowhead every home game, as a vet, I find that insulting. Just my opinion.

They get away with it in KC and no one really does anything, on the big video board they flash brave as some lame attempt to get people not to do it, it's entrenched in KC, they'll never stop it and I agree it's disrespectful to the anthem.

I don't participate in it when I go to games there but I haven't gone to any game but the Cardinal game there in years.

Most people don't know it occurs outside of KC you never see that part on tv.

It's annoying IMO I agree.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my sports pet peeves is when idiotic fans screw around with the national anthem. For instance, Dallas Stars fans shout out "Stars" at the top of their lungs every time the word star is sung in the national anthem. It is even more annoying when its an away game for them and the one or two Stars fans in attendance does it. The Chiefs thing was pretty bad as well. Some morons don't understand that the national anthem isnt a time to showcase your team pride. :rolleyes:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree - pretty classless.

Look chiefs fans, I won't argue the win - you beat us fair and square.

But don't disrespect the national anthem by changing the words to promote a football team. Just pathetic.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Chiefs fans chiming in on this topic?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have truly one of what?
:shrug:

pinnacle

Reaction score
You think you like chiefs fans? I do not...for a lot of reasons. Here is a typical quote..sure you will love this one..on a chiefs message board posted after the game. Yea..the cardinals brought their "A" game and cannot play better. What a dope....A game? dropped pass in endzone, rookie qb made a couple of mistakes, missed tackles galore, boneheaded penalties at the worst time, a pro bowl kicker misses a game tying field goal, missed block on a punt leading to a block..and our best player (no worse than top 3 on entire roster) Fitz - was out most of the game with an injury. No...the cardinals did not bring their "A" game..far from it...dope...post from chiefs board starts here:::

Today, 08:10 PM
Post #8

Marcellus
Starter

Location: KANSAS I disagree and agree. Arizona played their best game and when they are at their best they are not as good as we are when we play average like today.

We under performed for us,they over played for them, that doesn't mean they out classed us, it was too close because we are better than we played.

That doesn't mean on an even scale we were "outplayed". It does mean they played thier A game and we didn't.

The D played well after the first quarter. The offense dropped balls and didn't block the pass or run very well the whole game.

The blocked punt was huge, special teams probably made the difference with that and Tynes being money.

eighty2

Reaction score
What's the big deal? It's not like we're saying, "SCREW YOU AMERICA AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR!" Just a KC tradition. Who's to say tradition shouldn't carry over to a road game?

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tradition is great, I wish we had more with our team, but you don't see anything wrong with screaming during the anthem?
I don't see how that can be viewed as a positive thing, but I am willing to listen to an argument.
IMO if Cardinal fans did it, I would be pissed, it's not that the Chief fan's did it, but the fact that it was done that bothers me.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
What's the big deal? It's not like we're saying, "SCREW YOU AMERICA AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR!" Just a KC tradition. Who's to say tradition shouldn't carry over to a road game?

I think the fact it doesn't carry over to other teams should tell you something, I find it odd that it isn't questioned more in a town like KC, I've never seen the need to change the words of the anthem for anything, much less a game.

Almost everyone I know that visits KC has the same reaction to it and finds it distasteful, only hardcore Chiefs fans think it's fine.

No point in arguing about it, it's your choice, people that are exposed to it generally find it to be a poor one but again that's not going to change anything, I do really long for a game where there aren't enough tickets for Chiefs fans to be bold enough to try that on enemy ground though.

Like you'd do that at a Raiders game, you wouldn't get the much more than Chu out before the knife hit your back.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Honestly if it needs to explained to you why you shouldnt disrespect the anthem there's a BIG problem!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because its a tradition doesn't mean its a good one. Its incredibly disrespectful to alter the words of the national anthem to suit your fandom.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tradition is great, I wish we had more with our team, but you don't see anything wrong with screaming during the anthem?
I don't see how that can be viewed as a positive thing, but I am willing to listen to an argument.
IMO if Cardinal fans did it, I would be pissed, it's not that the Chief fan's did it, but the fact that it was done that bothers me.

I get pissed off if people don't take their hats off during the anthem. CHANGING THE ANTHEM'S WORDS is disgusting. It is about respect...respect for our country and the people who died for it. It isn't about some stupid "tradition" of idiocy...it's about disrespecting the National Anthem. Appalling behavior from fans I otherwise found to be pretty classy.

PujolsownsGod

Reaction score

Yeah, I mean it's not like a Cardinals player almost committed manslaughter on the field today or anything :shrug:

eighty2

Reaction score
We're not disrespecting the anthem. We all stand up and take our hats off just like everyone else. We just yell Chiefs instead of brave. You guys are blowing this way out of the water.

And saying we're communists and deserve to die isn't less classy than "so-called" disrespecting the anthem?

Status
Not open for further replies.