Chris Berman Is Horrible

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First he called a Titans player William Gay, then he called Fleming, Mutan..

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been over for a decade at least

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could have sworn when they scrolled the Titans O players across the top of the screen they listed Ryan Mallett as the QB... this entire broadcast is an S Show.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least he's said 'Arizona Cardinals' tonight more times than he has in his whole life.

cardfolife

Reaction score
At least we didn't get a "back back back" on the awesome Kolb to Fitz play!

How many times did he try to speak 93 words in one breath?
Did he try to make plowing sounds when an RB had a punishing run?
How many times did he refer to himself as 'We'?
Did he get to say 'Yaouw remaimber the XYZ, don'tch yaouw?'
Did he get to say 'Jack Lambert' or 'Lambeau Field' in John Facenda voice?
Did he get to use 'Nobody circles the wagons' in a sentence?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet Bermans commentary is better than our Olines play :D

No its not. His commentary was mind-numbing. He babbled on like a nervous teen age girl at her first big dance. I know everything there is to know about the Titans including the color of their toilet paper, but I still don't know why on the second last drive of the game, Powell ran the ball out past the 20 yard line, the camera focused on the Titans and when they came back, the Cards had the ball on the 5 yard line. No explanation, nothing.

Why is it so hard for the announcers to talk about the game and fill us in on what is happening, who makes the tackle, etc? Why do we have to hear about their childhood experiences, what they had for supper and anything else they personally experienced? Can they just talk about the game?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Berman made a few mistakes but for a rookie commentator I thought he did great

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Berman made a few mistakes but for a rookie commentator I thought he did great

I am the biggest Berman hater out there. His work during golf or the home-run derby is the worst in television. That being said, I agree. It wasn't the train wreck I had been anticipating. Not great, but pretty much on par with the low-level crews we get week in and week out.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This sums it up nicely. Oh, and Dilfer was equally as bad. I thought he was going to cry one of the 14,000 times he mentioned how Hasselbeck saved his life and how he's the nicest guy in the NFL.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/artic...od?odyssey=mod|newswell|featuredtext|Sports|p

Dilfer is horrible. I couldn't stand how he kept referring to the QB's by thier full first name (Jonathon Skelton or Matthew Hasselbeck). All he kept doind was making excuses for Kolb's bad play. It was like I was watching a sequel to The Last Boy Scout movie with Bruce Willis.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that was pretty awful

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
I only saw the fourth quarter, so maybe he was awesome during the first three quarters. In the fourth quarter I thought he added no more value than any local sports broadcaster would for far less money.

Couldn't believe it when he talking about the growing interest in the NFL, "...now I have fans coming up to me in June asking me about football. Even teams with no chance...like someone from.....Arizona will ask me how I think their team will do..." (or something along those lines)

What kind of jackass comment is that while broadcasting a Cardinals game?! I guess an Ivy League education from Brown doesn't include common sense.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I only saw the fourth quarter, so maybe he was awesome during the first three quarters. In the fourth quarter I thought he added no more value than any local sports broadcaster would for far less money.

Couldn't believe it when he talking about the growing interest in the NFL, "...now I have fans coming up to me in June asking me about football. Even teams with no chance...like someone from.....Arizona will ask me how I think their team will do..." (or something along those lines)

What kind of jackass comment is that while broadcasting a Cardinals game?! I guess an Ivy League education from Brown doesn't include common sense.

I do agree that as the "name" players went out, his quality and overall attention to the game went way down.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do agree that as the "name" players went out, his quality and overall attention to the game went way down.

Come on he blatantly on two different occasion called out completely wrong names. While the name players were still in during first half. He was engaged form the get go! :D

cardfolife

Reaction score
undoubtedly his best work ever, right here..(caution, NSFW)

youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Surprised by his sexual reference to fantasy football

'that's not my fantasy (referring to FF), I have a different kind of fanstasy'

I said 'dang! He didn't just say that did he'

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Berman and Dilfer were terrible.

They were painfully awkward together. Neither had any personality or a good play-bu-play or color voice either. It sounded like two stiffs in the stands talking about the game.

I agree too that the "Jonathan Skelton" was annoying as hell.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Come on he blatantly on two different occasion called out completely wrong names. While the name players were still in during first half. He was engaged form the get go! :D

About as good as Ken Wheeeezenhunt and Kurt Leinart, huh?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05