Classless Article against Farve

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Oh by the way, this was supposed to be a joke by the author, or that's what I've been hearing. Either way, it was very tasteless...

Last edited:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is that an official paper? I'm thinking no. If that paper was ever read by a respectable media source he would be crucified!!! :mad:

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
Is that an official paper? I'm thinking no.
I think it is an official paper... at least from reading the information about them.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We should get that information and send it to somebody high up in the media. Writers get roasted for articles like that!

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
The Philly Daily News is one of two major papers in Philly. Along with the Inquirer, it has a huge circulation. While nothing in the column seems wrong, it is definite tasteless.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've seen editors roasted for less. Who was the guy who called a deceased sport's guys wife to see if she was free to go out after her husband died? (was that like in hockey...?) Ok I guess that could be worse than this but I still think this article is bad enough.....

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've seen editors roasted for less. Who was the guy who called a deceased sport's guys wife to see if she was free to go out after her husband died? (was that like in hockey...?) Ok I guess that could be worse than this but I still think this article is bad enough.....

Daryl Kile's wife....sick piece of monkey sh......

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If nothing else this article may pis* Favre off. I wouldn't do that. Favre is a good ol' boy and I am sure he knows who he is. This article was written in philly, so I am sure that the media will not be challenged. Maybe in Green Bay but not philly. I don't agree with the mud slewn here but at the same time I am not a big proponent of potentially irrational sentimental blabber either.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
About the same chance as a snowball in hell I would think.

I think you'd better check the weather report, there's a low pressure system bringing in an arctic front to the northern most parts of Hell today that should move down into South Hell by this weekend.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im a huge Favre fan and I LOVED the article. Lets me know my city hasnt lost its edge.

Philly people arent the kind to sucker punch you or have a 2 on 1 fight. We will tap you on the shoulder, insult your mom and sister so we can get you into a nice rage and THEN and ONLY THEN fight.

We want to fight the best and the best when they are angry. Not take advantage of a sleeping opponent.

Philly 31
Da Pack 10

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
that article was horrible. i cant believe that any newspaper respectable or not would allow an article like that. if that was an attempt at comedy then he really missed on that one. thats one thing you dont do is make fun of a guy because of his problems. Unless he's pete rose j/k

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So SWD you're saying if you had an opponent in some kind of sports competition, you would rip on their dead parents? Don't you think that is kind of low?! I mean there should be some point where an article can be considered below good taste...

What if we did a little background check on this guys parents? If any of them are dead we could find faults in how they led their live and then make fun of them? That would just be wrong I think...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That was a dumb move. I bet that article is already pinned up in the Green Bay locker room, and I think the Packers will upset the Eagles . . .

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So SWD you're saying if you had an opponent in some kind of sports competition, you would rip on their dead parents? Don't you think that is kind of low?! I mean there should be some point where an article can be considered below good taste...

What if we did a little background check on this guys parents? If any of them are dead we could find faults in how they led their live and then make fun of them? That would just be wrong I think...

Your right of course Sun Fan, a few things went to far. But as a fan away from the situation you gotta love it if Favre has it pinned up in his locker and comes out like a raging bull eh?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well actually I'm more of a Card Fan than A Sun Fan but since there was so many names with cardfan in them I thought I'd put them together, but that's cool :thumbup:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm in the article was funny boat, everybody needs to lighten up. To many hollier than though people on this board

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
I'm in the article was funny boat, everybody needs to lighten up. To many hollier than though people on this board

No, there are people who have class, and people who don't. :rolleyes:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan

Sorry didn't totally understand what you said :( I think there has to be a point when something is in bad taste..If a close family member dies in a car crash or somerthing like that tomorrow can we make fun you and the person who died? I would call that in bad taste wouldn't you?