Compare "Cadillac" to Thomas Jones

Lomax15

Reaction score
This question is for those of you who saw both T. Jones and C. Williams play in college. Does "Cadillac" look like a better prospect coming out of college? I remember Player Personnel guys raving about T. Jones 5 years ago.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also recall a few personnel directors stating that Jones was a smallish third down back similar to Dave Meggett.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Dont draft a back up RB or a RB that "split time"

Carnell had to splitt time becuase he was also the fulltime punt and kickoff return man as well.

Plus he had a good backup. He had the ball in his hands 290 times last year which is comparable to other starters who didnt split time. Compared to Bensons 348, Arringtons 310.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Dont draft a back up RB or a RB that "split time"

If you are going to draft a guy from Virginia he'd better be able to play Center.

Or point guard.

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
Lomax15 said:
This question is for those of you who saw both T. Jones and C. Williams play in college. Does "Cadillac" look like a better prospect coming out of college? I remember Player Personnel guys raving about T. Jones 5 years ago.

I remember reading one quote from a scout earlier this draft season on Cadillac, saying that he broke more tackles in his senior year than Jones did in his entire career at Virginia.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rocco said:
I remember reading one quote from a scout earlier this draft season on Cadillac, saying that he broke more tackles in his senior year than Jones did in his entire career at Virginia.

That would be two.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I think you could easily compare the two on the field... TJ's problems were, however, a result of problems off the field - bad attitude, bad work-out habits, low team spirit etc.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stout said:
Don't draft Eric Dickerson.
Hell, even Craig James was productive for a couple of years.

:fromaformerpatriotsfan:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BACH said:
I think you could easily compare the two on the field... TJ's problems were, however, a result of problems off the field - bad attitude, bad work-out habits, low teen spirit etc.

what does his choice of deodorant have to do with anything :shrug:

j/k :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
BACH said:
I think you could easily compare the two on the field... TJ's problems were, however, a result of problems off the field - bad attitude, bad work-out habits, low team spirit etc.

and he happened to suck on the field. don't forget that tidbit.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
and he happened to suck on the field. don't forget that tidbit.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. IMO TJ's sporatic production on the field was a result of bad attitiude, lack of commitment etc. - NOT because of inferior football or athletic skills.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To shorten the question and cut to the nut - "Has anyone seen Cadillac Williams do a lot of dancing instead of committing to hit the hole?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan