Concerning members of Steel Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

amwreck

Reaction score
I'd like to address an issue that has been brought up by members of Steel Reign. This week, some of us have come over here to chat, talk some smack, and just have a little fun. However, it seems like a few of them are being banned just because you don't like the things they say. I'd like to request that they have those bans lifted. There is no harm done and they are only here for a week or two then they are gone (myself included). I am basing this request on one small statement in the "Opponents Msg Boards" thread that has been stickied at the top of your forum:

I started this thread to make it easier to find msg boards of other teams so we can more easiliy harrass (sic) them.

So that you can more easily harass them. Hey, by all means, harass away. As a matter of fact, I invite you all to come check out Steel Reign. We invite anyone that wants to show up. Talk smack, talk stats, whatever you want, harass us even. Just don't be hypocrites and ban people that come here just because you don't want to deal with them for a couple of days.

Thank you,
amwreck

http://www.steelreign.org

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to address an issue that has been brought up by members of Steel Reign. This week, some of us have come over here to chat, talk some smack, and just have a little fun. However, it seems like a few of them are being banned just because you don't like the things they say. I'd like to request that they have those bans lifted. There is no harm done and they are only here for a week or two then they are gone (myself included). I am basing this request on one small statement in the "Opponents Msg Boards" thread that has been stickied at the top of your forum:

So that you can more easily harass them. Hey, by all means, harass away. As a matter of fact, I invite you all to come check out Steel Reign. We invite anyone that wants to show up. Talk smack, talk stats, whatever you want, harass us even. Just don't be hypocrites and ban people that come here just because you don't want to deal with them for a couple of days.

Thank you,
amwreck

http://www.steelreign.org

:biglaugh:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only banned one Steelers fan, and I'm not sure if he was from your board.

BUT, I told him if he wanted to engage in juvenile "you suck" insults, he could take it to the Smack Shack. He didn't, so he got banned. We're stricter on opposing teams fans. Intelligent conversation is welcome. Even negative comments about the team are okay. We're tougher on our team than anybody.

We have many opponents who post here almost daily. If they want to talk junk, we have a special forum for it. Or, they can go to the message board at the official Cards site.

OP
OP
A

amwreck

Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going by what I've been told and I've been told a couple of them have been banned.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I once put this great pic up of this chick with a thong and I was banned, I'm so proud of that ban:) But as others have stated, this is a smack forum on this site just for those reasons though I personally do not have a problem talking it here. I would talk some smack now but in reality I really don't care about the Steelers enough to bother.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going by what I've been told and I've been told a couple of them have been banned.

We are very lenient on other teams fans, and some stick around and have become long time posters here. One thing this board is not is a place for a bunch of crap-talking. We just don't get into it. If your group is over here and being rude, they won't stick around long. If they are respectful, they will find their respect returned in kind.

Simple as that.

Patriots4ever

Reaction score
FWIW: I am a long time member of Steel Reign as a Patriots fan. I talked a whole bunch of smack at their site prior to the 2001 AFCCG and they never banned me. Over the past 6 years, I have actually met some of them in person and have shown that they can take the good with the bad.

$0.02

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I'd say Gee was an expert on getting banned.

And as one of the Admins here, I absolutely we don't ban folks for talking football.

Never have, never will, trolls or smack is another story. We try to keep this board very civil.

Patriots4ever

Reaction score
Whoa! Easy. I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm just saying that these guys aren't all that bad. I have been posting with them on their board for 6 years now.

In case you haven't noticed, the Pats/Steelers have an intense rivalry of late.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Dear Steeler fans, I am one of the mods who banned 3 other Steeler fans. For one they were rude and would not address me as "Sir Dumpalot"

2. They kept talking about the Steelers when I wanted to talk about Iron (in my diet)

Those 2 things right there is what banned them. Now for you Am, questioning us mods decisions is a banable offense. Please read the rules of this site.

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

Thank you,
The Admins.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa! Easy. I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm just saying that these guys aren't all that bad. I have been posting with them on their board for 6 years now.

Nope, I havent noticed.. I dont pay attention to the Pats.. Or the Steelers really for that matter..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And if you hadnt noticed, the Dbacks are playing a game right now against the rockies for the division title.. Dont know if you were aware of that...

OP
OP
A

amwreck

Reaction score
Dear Steeler fans, I am one of the mods who banned 3 other Steeler fans. For one they were rude and would not address me as "Sir Dumpalot"

2. They kept talking about the Steelers when I wanted to talk about Iron (in my diet)

Those 2 things right there is what banned them. Now for you Am, questioning us mods decisions is a banable offense. Please read the rules of this site.

2) Moderators' decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS.

Thank you,
The Admins.

Well then ban me because I am questioning how you can endorse "harassing" other message boards when you won't take it yourselves. Sorry, but it makes you look like a bunch of hypocrites.

Patriots4ever

Reaction score
Nope, I havent noticed.. I dont pay attention to the Pats.. Or the Steelers really for that matter..

That's pretty funny.

Enjoy your circle jerk that is Cardinal football, 24/7/365. Most boards I frequent encourage "enemy" fans for different point of views. I can sense I am not welcome here, so I will leave it at that. :(

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Well then ban me because I am questioning how you can endorse "harassing" other message boards when you won't take it yourselves. Sorry, but it makes you look like a bunch of hypocrites.

Fine with me. You have violated the terms of this message board. I need you to shut down your computer and restart it and never come back here. That is how we ban around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05