Cooked Snake

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Done and Done...Pathetic series....lack of heart...5 runs in three games in the middle of the most important series of the year...our 2 aces getting shelled....FIRE MELVIN...dbacks are done...

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Agreed. By the way did you hear Melvin's post game? Guy takes no responsibility and never calls out his team.

"That guy's a tool" - Mark Grace

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Today is the day that I officially stop watching the games unless the Dbacks start putting SOMETHING together. Call me a bandwagon fan, but I'm tired of wasting 2-3 hours of my evening watching them play like they don't care.

Snoop06

Reaction score
Today is the day that I officially stop watching the games unless the Dbacks start putting SOMETHING together. Call me a bandwagon fan, but I'm tired of wasting 2-3 hours of my evening watching them play like they don't care.

x2, it's frustrating that I show more emotion sitting at my house watching the game than these guys do when they are giving away a division.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
x2, it's frustrating that I show more emotion sitting at my house watching the game than these guys do when they are giving away a division.

x3.

Melvin is killing me. That suicide squeeze call (considering that Snyder had already homered and doubled) just sucked the life out of me.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'll stick with what I've been saying all along...

The D-backs are now 20th in MLB in On-Base %, 20th in Runs Scored, 25th in Batting Average & 17th in Home Runs...

It just doesn't make sense to look anywhere else for blame (including Melvin) when your offense is this pathetic...
:bang:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find that the most frustrating thing is not particularly that the Diamondbacks are losing, but how they losing. Its one thing to be done in by a known deficiency like the offense or the bullpen, but it is quite another to watch your two recent Cy Young candidate pitchers get shelled to the tune of 29 runs in 42 innings and 21 runs in 14 innings respectively. A team can always go out and get another bat, or go out and get a reliever, but there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about Webb or Haren right now except hope that they bounce back to their true level of performance. Its all just such a helpless feeling to watch. Is it fair to them that an entire team rises and falls based on their success? No, not really, but at the same time we've all known that this team was built on the rotation and especially those two up top.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I find that the most frustrating thing is not particularly that the Diamondbacks are losing, but how they losing. Its one thing to be done in by a known deficiency like the offense or the bullpen, but it is quite another to watch your two recent Cy Young candidate pitchers get shelled to the tune of 29 runs in 42 innings and 21 runs in 14 innings respectively. A team can always go out and get another bat, or go out and get a reliever, but there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about Webb or Haren right now except hope that they bounce back to their true level of performance. Its all just such a helpless feeling to watch. Is it fair to them that an entire team rises and falls based on their success? No, not really, but at the same time we've all known that this team was built on the rotation and especially those two up top.

C'mon man... they have carried this team all season... They have been incredible, productive workhorses all year. In this day & age, it is very rare that a team possesses this sort of top-flight, league-leading production from the starting rotation... How much more can you really expect of them?
And - isn't it fair to suggest that every good to great pitcher will experience a period of trouble during the season? That period can be a single game, or more... But, isn't it also fair to suggest that if the D-backs had even an average offense - that's it, just average, the recent performances of Haren and Webb would be immaterial as the D-backs would have most likely sewn up the division by now?

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon man... they have carried this team all season... They have been incredible, productive workhorses all year. In this day & age, it is very rare that a team possesses this sort of top-flight, league-leading production from the starting rotation... How much more can you really expect of them?
And - isn't it fair to suggest that every good to great pitcher will experience a period of trouble during the season? That period can be a single game, or more... But, isn't it also fair to suggest that if the D-backs had even an average offense - that's it, just average, the recent performances of Haren and Webb would be immaterial as the D-backs would have most likely sewn up the division by now?
You misunderstand me, I'm certainly not blaming Webb and Haren for the predicament the Diamondbacks find themselves in. What I am saying is that there's no question that this team was and is built rotation first and everything else second, and to watch that rotation fall apart (and especially to watch our two great pitchers struggle so much) is personally so much more disheartening than watching poor performances by a known and fixable issue.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You misunderstand me, I'm certainly not blaming Webb and Haren for the predicament the Diamondbacks find themselves in. What I am saying is that there's no question that this team was and is built rotation first and everything else second, and to watch that rotation fall apart (and especially to watch our two great pitchers struggle so much) is personally so much more disheartening than watching poor performances by a known and fixable issue.

Got it... But, I have to ask - if the offense was so "fixable", why have the D-Backs been at the bottom of MLB for so long?? :sad:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Luckily its football season; otherwise, id tie a rock to my ankle and jump into Lake Pleasant

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Who is responsible then?

I'll stick with what I've been saying all along...

The D-backs are now 20th in MLB in On-Base %, 20th in Runs Scored, 25th in Batting Average & 17th in Home Runs...

It just doesn't make sense to look anywhere else for blame (including Melvin) when your offense is this pathetic...
:bang:

This team plays like its Manager...lifeless and without emotion. You are a reflection of your leadership. Melvin is in a coma and will end up losing the job once Josh Byrnes realizes they need someone with fire like he has.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever I get so tired of people blaming Melvin for this teams poopy offensive production. He can't hit for them!!! At some point the players need to step up and hit the damn ball geesh.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Whatever I get so tired of people blaming Melvin for this teams poopy offensive production. He can't hit for them!!! At some point the players need to step up and hit the damn ball geesh.

I agree to a certain extent, but the team looks deflated and disinterested. I put that squarely on Melvin.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Unless the D-Backs can win another 14 or so games (of their 19 remaining), this season is over. Better luck next year, this snake is cooked.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well being a game back isn't DONE by any means but they definately will be soon if they don't start winning some games, barring a collapse by LA which is not gonna happen.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This team plays like its Manager...lifeless and without emotion. You are a reflection of your leadership. Melvin is in a coma and will end up losing the job once Josh Byrnes realizes they need someone with fire like he has.

Have you seen when the camera pans to Melvin in the dugout and he's . . . biting his nails?

What a picture of strength. :?::help::?:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This team seemed like on of the up and coming teams in baseball a year ago. Now they just look like another also ran.

Melvin is a blob, the team has made some questionable moves, young talent is stagnating....

This team plays in the worst division in baseball, whats going on?!?!

Congrats to me, Mr. 5000!

Last edited: