Cool, Calm Collective - Leinart - It's Time

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
This thread is a non starter....Just like Matt Leinart if Kurt Warner is healthy. Simple as that. Kurt has the highest comp percentage like ever when it counts. Small margin for error on this team with this Oline and we need Warner to do what he has done the last 2 seasons.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
He's done it in more than just this game, he annihilated our defense, I've never seen a better performance for one half, ever.

I don't think anyone was paying a lot of attention because he was playing for the other team and it's preseason but that offense is just ridiculous.

That's what I took away from this game too. Anyone with half a football brain could see he is a top 5 QB going forward.

Preaseason or not;)

They haven't punted yet this preseason with Rodgers under center. Ridiculous.

I'm sure glad SF went with Smith. Hopefully our guy sitting behind a legend pays similar dividends.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
First off, its preseason. This team notoriously plays well after getting humiliated.

Second, Warner had a decent game overall. What really irritated me was him trying to run out of the pocket to make plays happen doing his best Michael Vick impersonation. If the pocket collapses, dont run outside with two differenders on your back: throw it away. The only QB on the roster that can bootleg or run out of the pocket to make plays is Matty.

Im not trying to cause a controversy, but Warner was out of his element while Leinart played to his strengths tonight.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I finally finished the game, had to wait for it on NFL network and stay up til all hours.

Kudos to Matt, very gutsy good performace.

As to the QB controversy IMO there isn't one, the regular season Warner starts and I wouldn't worry about our team too much, if he stumbles badly enough Whiz will make the move, if not wer'e winning games.

Warner isn't going to lose the job in preseason and he shouldn't, when the real action starts then we'll see.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I really hope some fans finally get their wish. Having to endure post season success and the best QB play this team has ever seen must be really disappointing.

I seem to be missing all the threads pointing to Leinart's fumbles and interceptions as costing the Cardinals the game. Somebody's throwing around goose's and gander's but seems to have completely abandoned this line of discussion so prevalent whenever Warner makes any kind of mistake.

Those who choose to start a thread as ridiculous as this aren't worth the piss it would take to shower them. If one wants to think that, yet again, throwing the ball against 2nd and 3rd teamers in the preseason is indicative of anything then I hope they have fun in la la land.

Get out your voodoo dolls haters. That's Leinart's only shot at starting.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I really hope some fans finally get their wish. Having to endure post season success and the best QB play this team has ever seen must be really disappointing.

I seem to be missing all the threads pointing to Leinart's fumbles and interceptions as costing the Cardinals the game. Somebody's throwing around goose's and gander's but seems to have completely abandoned this line of discussion so prevalent whenever Warner makes any kind of mistake.

Those who choose to start a thread as ridiculous as this aren't worth the piss it would take to shower them. If one wants to think that, yet again, throwing the ball against 2nd and 3rd teamers in the preseason is indicative of anything then I hope they have fun in la la land.

:sad:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Dude lighten up and give credit where credit is due. One of the aspects of this camp was to see the growth and maturity of Leinart. Your insecurities about Warner and his job are starting to get old. Warner will be the starer in Week 1. He will be successful like last season. If he doesnt get injured, he will lead us into the playoffs. If you are indeed a true Cards fan, you should be elated about having a solid back up when and if Warner goes down. Nobody wants Warner to get hurt. None of us are "haters" We just want depth in every positin in case the injury bug hits us.

Dont forget that although Leinart is going up against back up defenders, he is also playing with players who will be bagging groceries in the next two weeks, so that kind of nullifies that argument. Did you notice that both tackles let the pocket collapse on many plays and he didnt panick?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
None of us are "haters"
Puh-lease! I don't think everyone is, or even most but there are a few who can't wait for anyone but Warner to be the QB.
so that kind of nullifies that argument. Did you notice that both tackles let the pocket collapse on many plays and he didnt panick?
There is a HUGE difference between the 1st unit and the defensive scheme they run compared to the 2nd and 3rd units. It's not even close.

I'm perfectly aware of and agree that Leinart has looked good when he's been in. I have no complaint about what he did and he showed some good signs throughout the night. But it still has to be taken for what it's worth. I also thought he looked good last year when the starting defense was off the field. There's really nothing else he can show me against those units. I know he can handle them. Until he gets some time with the 1's, that part of the conversation can't move forward.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Puh-lease! I don't think everyone is, or even most but there are a few who can't wait for anyone but Warner to be the QB.
There is a HUGE difference between the 1st unit and the defensive scheme they run compared to the 2nd and 3rd units. It's not even close.

I'm perfectly aware of and agree that Leinart has looked good when he's been in. I have no complaint about what he did and he showed some good signs throughout the night. But it still has to be taken for what it's worth. I also thought he looked good last year when the starting defense was off the field. There's really nothing else he can show me against those units. I know he can handle them. Until he gets some time with the 1's, that part of the conversation can't move forward.

And Kurt has done what exactly?
Please, don't give me last year as an example.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing. Except whatever bad things you can think of. He completely forgot how to play football and is lying about his hip feeling better.

You're right and it shows.

I could care less whether we win in the preseason.
I do however expect to see progress.
Do you see progression or regression from Kurt?
I think you know my answer.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
You're right and it shows.

I could care less whether we win in the preseason.
I do however expect to see progress.
I think you know my answer.
He did well against maybe the best defense in the league at their place and even though he didn't pass for a TD the offense did move the ball again. Three great passing defense and he's been struggling a bit for sure. Leinart has gone up against 2nd and 3rd defense with a lot less action against strting defenses. He's done pretty well and Warner has struggled, but there's still one preseason game left. I'd would actually like to see what Leinart would do if the roles were reversed.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He did well against maybe the best defense in the league at their place and even though he didn't pass for a TD the offense did move the ball again. Three great passing defense and he's been struggling a bit for sure. Leinart has gone up against 2nd and 3rd defense with a lot less action against strting defenses. He's done pretty well and Warner has struggled, but there's still one preseason game left. I'd would actually like to see what Leinart would do if the roles were reversed.

Justify it however you want.
As long as it works for you.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
You know we could have Matt run the regular offense and have Kurt come in and run the no huddle. :)

Kurt will be our starter because of last year and the contract he just received, but if coach Whis stays true to form, if Kurt cannot get the job done, he will go with Matt without a hesitation.

It is the play and attitude of the whole team in general that is discomforting to me. I just want this team to prove that last year was not an aberration and that this organization has turned the corner. You read that this team is maturing, well last night they put the pacifier back in, because I did not see the heart of a champion.

This team has responed to negative press in the pass and it looks like will have plenty of fodder heading into the regular season. Go Cards!!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Progression. Each week his hip has seemed better and that's all that he really needs to deal with.

It's sad that you are so apparently giddy over what you perceive as Warner's demise.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Progression. Each week his hip has seemed better and that's all that he really needs to deal with.

It's sad that you are so apparently giddy over what you perceive as Warner's demise.

This isn't about Kurt Warner.
This is about the Arizona Cardinals!

Why is that so hard to understand?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there's a controversy, but the gap between Warner and Leinart seems to have narrowed from both sides. Leinart looks more comfortable every game, and his release looks a bit quicker. I was most impressed with his increased mobility. He looked far more elusive than I ever remember. The ball security was disconcerting, but overall, I think we should all be very encouraged about his performance tonight. If he's the real deal, this team will contend for the next decade.

Warner has to adjust differently under pressure until his hip is 100%. I understand that one of his strengths is waiting until the last second to throw, but I currently don't trust his ability to absorb the amount of punishment he did last year. His scrambling efforts tonight couldn't have gone much worse, either. I don't know if it's a matter of checking down more or conceding to sacks a half of a second earlier, but I'm not confident that he'll last half of the season with his usual style of play.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
There isn't any controversy, so not sure why thats a debate. What there is though is a slimming of the gap which is a good thing, doesnt mean Warner is any worse just means Matt is getting that much better. What there is, is a confidence in Wiz when he said this week he fully expects for Matt to be the future of this team.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I posted it last night during the game and I will say it again. Leinart and Welss are in the starting backfield by game 10

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but Gee is 100% right about this. Aaron Rodgers made Warner look about 75 years old tonight. It is amazing to see what a QB with fresh legs and a fresh arm can do. Leinart looked great again with a pacthwork cast of characters. I think I am willing to bank on Leinart with Wells/ Hightower, Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston. I love Warner and all he has done, but as you all know when age hits QBs it hits them fast, and Kurt sadly looks really, really, old. Should have learned from the Vikings and Cunningham. Best quote ever was Gee's quote on new Cards fans.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner would have to go down to injury, or (pleasegodno) Bad Warner show up to a few games in a row for Matt to take the job.

I for one, hope that doesn't happen and Kurt gets his mojo back. Most concerning for me is that Kurt doesn't seem to be feeling the rush as well as he was last year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Warner's job...but it's good to see Leinart's made strides. I suspect we'll need him at some point this season. I've always been a believer, so I'm glad to see him working hard and even happier to see that it seems to be paying off.

I don't think it's fair to expect Warner to have another career season this year. I do think he's earned the right to not have people calling for his job three games into the preseason, though.

JMHO

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
It's Warner's job...but it's good to see Leinart's made strides. I suspect we'll need him at some point this season. I've always been a believer, so I'm glad to see him working hard and even happier to see that it seems to be paying off.

I don't think it's fair to expect Warner to have another career season this year. I do think he's earned the right to not have people calling for his job three games into the preseason, though.

JMHO

:thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

What? Okay, you clearly didn't watch the game, then, or you were on acid when you did. His hip has seemed worse each game. Nobody is giddy over it, either, because we'd looove to get the same type of QB play we did last season.

I know you're going to simply blindly contradict my opinion that his hip has seemed worse each game, so I'll cut you off at the pass. While we certainly have seen NO proof that his hip is any better, we've seen a lot of bad plays from Warner that I would like to attribute to injury. Why? Because if it isn't his hip bothering him, then he's just playing like crap on his own, which is pretty damn scary. Either way, it isn't a good thing, but I think his hip is really bothering him out there.

I want nothing more than to close my eyes, wait a few minutes, and open them to see Kurt play well in a 1st game win. I'm not terribly confident of that right now, but I desperately want that.