COPA

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Timmy H still looks in shape--let's tempt him out of retirement :D
If Mexico can keep calling Ochoa back I don't understand why we can't ask Tim. only joking. but we were lucky to have Tim for as long as we did. that throw out in the game vs Algeria in 2010 is one of the greatest plays in US history. that's what we need from our GK.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Mexico can keep calling Ochoa back I don't understand why we can't ask Tim. only joking. but we were lucky to have Tim for as long as we did. that throw out in the game vs Algeria in 2010 is one of the greatest plays in US history. that's what we need from our GK.
Tim wasn't super great with his feet either. Better than Turner, but not much.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tim wasn't super great with his feet either. Better than Turner, but not much.
don't agree. Tim wasn't great, but he was good enough to play in the PL as a starter. what I saw last night was the worst I've ever seen from any US GK. the only thing I can hope is that he was injured. but the fact that they let him kick the ball long as much as they did makes me believe that it wasn't because of injury. it was just not having the quality to do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't agree. Tim wasn't great, but he was good enough to play in the PL as a starter. what I saw last night was the worst I've ever seen from any US GK. the only thing I can hope is that he was injured. but the fact that they let him kick the ball long as much as they did makes me believe that it wasn't because of injury. it was just not having the quality to do it.
He was good enough, because like jbjarko said, the game was different. Keepers didn't need to be sweeper keepers. They didn't need to play out of the back. They kicked the ball long after nearly every goal kick.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He was good enough, because like jbjarko said, the game was different. Keepers didn't need to be sweeper keepers. They didn't need to play out of the back. They kicked the ball long after nearly every goal kick.

true, which is still something that turner cannot do. almost all of his long kicks are turnovers. some are very dangerous.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd