Coro: Steve Nash's career with the Phoenix Suns nears its end

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Mainstreet:

I realize that, but I'm just hoping that NO matches and the Suns don't do something stupid to S&T for him. Let him go....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For whatever reason, he was playing PG whenever I watched. (Is he supposed to be more of a SG?) He showed absolutely no intuition for how to run an offense or even make a good decision, and he seemed very turnover-prone (although I see that, statistically, his turnover rate was not especially high). But if the Suns would be using him instead as a backup, defensive-oriented SG, that wouldn't bother me so much.

a backup getting paid max money, and you'd be okay with that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Shumpert reminds me somewhat of Tyreke Evans which may be a good or bad thing depending on how one looks at it. I like the potential.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For whatever reason, he was playing PG whenever I watched. (Is he supposed to be more of a SG?) He showed absolutely no intuition for how to run an offense or even make a good decision, and he seemed very turnover-prone (although I see that, statistically, his turnover rate was not especially high). But if the Suns would be using him instead as a backup, defensive-oriented SG, that wouldn't bother me so much.

Suns saw him as a PG when they were thinking of drafting him and he did play PG early last year but he was pretty terrible at it. He does show promise as a SG assuming he regains his athletic ability off of surgery.

If his shot improves I could see him as a more athletic version of Aaron Affalo withe better playmaking.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That would cost us about 4M$ caproom. Not sure if that is good enough for us to do a sign and trade.

Is Shumpert worth it instead of using the caproom? No interest in Douglas.

And how would Shumpert fit in? And how long will his recovery take? He will probably not be ready to play before the allstar break.
Beasley/Dudley
Gordon/Shumpert
Marshall/Douglas/Telfair

?

Plus it looks like we are looking at a veteran PG like Felton.

Dan's contract is not guaranteed, so he could be waived.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He's one of the best on-ball defenders I've ever seen.

I wouldn't go that far. He is a solid defender, and if he can get his jumper going, he could be a Bruce Bowen-type player, though more athletic, and not dirty. I hope we get him, I really like the kid, but I don't think he is (at this stage of his career) one of the best defenders in the league.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Maybe my choice of words with SSOL was poor but we are still a run and gun up and down team. We just didn't have the horses we did 3 years ago. Believe that gentry, Sarver, and Babby would love to be averaging 110 again. Isn't that why you draft a pass first no defense PG anyway?

And yes I think Lin fits that system. His up and down game would fit in PHX. Still don't want him though. All sizzle no steak.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't get why PHO would want to help out NY. All those pieces are going to be waived and Shumpert would be playing the 2 which we offered Gordon the max to play or could go after Mayo who offers more athleticism and scoring punch. Plus Shumpert is coming off ACL surgery so who knows how well he'll play after the surgery. The best chip NY had was Fields who they could get back and still get Nash if they match TOR's offer. We won't even get a pick out of it. I think PHO would rather have Nash go to NY than DAL or LA who have been in hot pursuit of Nash, particularly DAL who lost the Deron Williams sweepstakes.

I hope PHO works out a sign and trade with TOR rather than NY.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo's reporting Nash to Lakers all but done for multiple picks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My only comfort is that Gambo is almost always wrong. I might be done with the NBA for a few years if that happens.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only comfort is that Gambo is almost always wrong. I might be done with the NBA for a few years if that happens.

The Suns need to think outside the conference. If the Lakers put the right chips on the table, I say go for it. The Suns need to think future as they are not ready to go anywhere now.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Gambo's reporting Nash to Lakers all but done for multiple picks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just got the same text from KTAR. I don't like this at all. Hard to believe Nash would want to go to the Lakers first off, but the Suns agreeing to a deal with LA is unheard of. It states that the Suns with get multiple First Rd Draft Picks. Doesn't mention anything about a contract or anything other than the multiple 1st rd picks coming here either. I'd much rather have a S&T with the Knicks than the frickin Lakers. States Nash didn't want to take the Toronto deal cause he wanted to stay closer to Phoenix so he wouldn't have to move his family.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knife.In.Back.

That's all I have to say. Trading him to the Lakers??? Are you serious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did what is best for the team going forward. They are not ready to compete with the Lakers now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for Paul Coro to say something.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns did what is best for the team going forward. They are not ready to compete with the Lakers now.

I'm sure Earl Clark Jr. is already being targeted by the Suns FO for the future picks.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
To think he has to play with two of the biggest douches in the league in Bynum and Kobe.

Suns organization sucks period.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need to think outside the conference. If the Lakers put the right chips on the table, I say go for it. The Suns need to think future as they are not ready to go anywhere now.

I'd rather get Shumpert than some garbage late first rounders. I despise the Lakers, I hope they collectively blow their ACLs during the opening tip. Watch us take back metta world ****** in the trade too. I might go burn down the arena.

F this... so terrible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this trade turns out to be a good trade for the Suns, Steve Nash has layed the building blocks for the Suns future.

Maybe Nash even did this trade for Phoenix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan