Crap Bowl 2003 - Suns vs. Clippers

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
And Darko Milicic also said that Pavel Podkolzine has broken feet and can't move.

And Darko is definitely a guy we should listen to. :rolleyes:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That doesn't make much sense.

Get the big guys in early and see if they pick up fouls or not. If we are going to play them only for the last quarter or so anyway.

With no changes we will be way out of the playoff picture when Amare returns.
Personally I think there is no way in hell we make the playoffs anymore.
We will be lucky to win 3 games until Amare returns at which point we would at 11-24 or something like that.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

No we should put ourselves in a position to work him out and see for ourselves.

Our interior/center situation is so pathetic can we afford to overlook any future center?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We don't necessarily need a center. What is hurting us right now is that we have no PF except Tom Gugliotta.

We have 3 centers on the roster all of them are still decent but there is no way they can play as well as their opponents when they are paired with 2 swingmen in the frontcourt.

We have nobody who can give us consistent play at the 2 guard spot either.

Drafting big mysterious european prospects isn't the solution in my opinion.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

At least he played against Pavel.

Why should we not listen to him? Because he is an 18 year old rookie that isn't getting playing time under Larry Brown who has a history of not playing rookies?

We need to find a veteran center with our midlevel exemption to get someone who can make a difference right away.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm tired of the Suns being weak at center. Its been like this for eons and its getting old.

I say unless Pavels ankles are shot he needs a try. Watching Ming play his size alters so many shots out there..Its no surprise the Rockets are top defenders

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by creed

Our interior/center situation is so pathetic can we afford to overlook any future center?

I disagree. There are more serious problems.

1. We don't have a shooter - NO, CJ is NOT.
2. We don't move without the ball.
3. We have NO defense.
4. We don't use the big men we have very well.

Other than that , we might be pretty good.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
And there is Penny Hardaway's stupid turnover for the night. At least there is one of them.
Joe Mama

Hey, I'm not sure Penny's 7:1 assist:turnover ratio, or his 66% shooting from the field was our problem tonight.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
I disagree. There are more serious problems.

1. We don't have a shooter - NO, CJ is NOT.
2. We don't move without the ball.
3. We have NO defense.
4. We don't use the big men we have very well.

Other than that , we might be pretty good.

Part of the NO defense is having no consistant Center. White is alright but he's not that tall.

And we need more rebounds!

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
At least he played against Pavel.

Why should we not listen to him? Because he is an 18 year old rookie that isn't getting playing time under Larry Brown who has a history of not playing rookies?

We need to find a veteran center with our midlevel exemption to get someone who can make a difference right away.

So you're saying you're so turned off from Pavel that if you had a top three pick you wouldnt work him out?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock
Hey, I'm not sure Penny's 7:1 assist:turnover ratio, or his 66% shooting from the field was our problem tonight.

That's not the problem.

But it really happens EVERY game, most of the time late in the games that Penny Hardaway is simply throwing the ball right in the lap of the opponent.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So you're saying you're so turned off from Pavel that if you had a top three pick you wouldnt work him out?

I would work out everyone, but with everything I know right now there are a lot more players that I personally like a lot more and can help the Suns.

Drafting a young european player is a bigger risk than drafting someone out of highschool in my opinion.

They don't know the life style, you don't know if they will ever connect with their mostly american teammates and all those things.

Do you think Amare Stoudemire would connect better with Dwight Howard or some big russian Pavel who needs an interpreter?

Last edited:

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
I would work out everyone, but with everything I know right now there are a lot more players that I personally like a lot more and can help the Suns.

Yeah you'd work him out...because he's 7'5 300+ pounds. And you'd check him once, twice, three times to make sure before you'd throw that GIANT away.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score

They don't know the life style, you don't know if they will ever connect with their mostly american teammates and all those things.

Do you think Amare Stoudemire would connect better with Dwight Howard or some big russian Pavel who needs an interpreter?

So I guess you'd rule out Ming??

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How can you compare Pavel to Yao Ming?

That's 2 entirely different type of players.

Yao Ming was an absolute hyped star in China who had all the fundemantel skills while Pavel is a scrub on some italian league team and will be a big prospect when he gets into the league.

Pavel will be 19 when he gets into the league. Yao Ming was what 22? And was used to being a star in a big country like China.

scudney

Registered
Reaction score
we need a pf/c who can block shots... besides amare, we don't have anyone who can block shots inside. That really hursts us... ppl have no fear about driving the lane on us

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Now back to the made-up Insider trade.

If we could ship Marion and Hardaway for some huge expiring contract like Rasheed Wallace would we have enough money to offer maximum contracts to Kobe or TMac in the offseason?

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
How can you compare Pavel to Yao Ming?

That's 2 entirely different type of players.

Yao Ming was an absolute hyped star in China who had all the fundemantel skills while Pavel is a scrub on some italian league team and will be a big prospect when he gets into the league.

Pavel will be 19 when he gets into the league. Yao Ming was what 22? And was used to being a star in a big country like China.

Your changing your tune and making exceptions to your own rules. IN other words...If Pavel was good enough you'd handle the interpeter situation no problem.

Anyone that wouldn't HEAVILY investigate Pavel is on crack. You'd ALL be lying if you were to say you're totally content with the Centers we have. Center and Shooting guard are the obvious week links here....

FrustratedSON

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It feels like this whole organisation is on Amare's shoulders. Without our ONLY big man we are absolutley *********!

I feel for the man.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by scudney
we need a pf/c who can block shots... besides amare, we don't have anyone who can block shots inside. That really hursts us... ppl have no fear about driving the lane on us

Voskhul isnt too scary....and neither is Williams.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

BTW we've been saying repeatedly that Marion needs to stop trying to avoid contact when he goes to the basket. However I don't think it's fair to say he needs to do it like Corey Magette. When Magette goes to the basket people move out-of-the-way and swipe at the ball because he is so strong and powerful. It doesn't happen when Shawn Marion goes to the basket.

Marbury is definitely starting to get upset.

Joe Mama

One-on-one scoring with contact requires basketball skill, Marion never had that and never will. Some call him the best SF or almost the best. But for the Suns team, Pierce, Artest, Magette from the same draft class are all better fit swing man than Marion. I say let's trade him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let's see...

For the one hundredth time, SHAWN MARION CANNOT BE TRADED!!!

Whew, I hope that covers that, at least for today.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by cly2tw
One-on-one scoring with contact requires basketball skill, Marion never had that and never will. Some call him the best SF or almost the best. But for the Suns team, Pierce, Artest, Magette from the same draft class are all better fit swing man than Marion. I say let's trade him.

I say trade Marion too. I dont want to jump the gun but I think Zarko will be able to fill Marions role. I dont know to what level but I think to a decent level. I like Marion but he's a tad undersized and not able to draw a foul. He has to work too hard for everything.

Marion has very good trade value so its worth exploring. I just dont want to give him away cheap!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Marion has very good trade value so its worth exploring. I just dont want to give him away cheap!

Marion can't be traded. Can't. Not won't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05