Crowd control

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Ok.

You have no idea. That's ok though, there's no reason why you should have any clue how enormous the sound in that building can be.
Okay then. You'll see on Sunday. Even if it's the loudest building in the league, it's not going to matter. That's my point.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay then. You'll see on Sunday. Even if it's the loudest building in the league, it's not going to matter. That's my point.

As already pointed out, our defense gets insanely juiced off crowd noise. It's like a tub of adrenaline to them. It absolutely makes a difference. And you can't say with a straight face that it makes it easy for the Eagles offense, either. Will it make them false start? Maybe not, but it sure as hell will not make it "easy" on them. And that's when mistakes can be made.

You will see on Sunday. I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's going to be very very loud, earsplitting loud and we don't care about false starts, we don't care if McNabb likes it.

What we care about is if our defenders get enough of a rush to jack your team up.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
13-4 at home since last season including playoffs, best in the NFC.

Crowd will play a factor, for us at least.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
As already pointed out, our defense gets insanely juiced off crowd noise. It's like a tub of adrenaline to them. It absolutely makes a difference. And you can't say with a straight face that it makes it easy for the Eagles offense, either. Will it make them false start? Maybe not, but it sure as hell will not make it "easy" on them. And that's when mistakes can be made.

You will see on Sunday. I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised.
All I would say is that if your defense needs the crowd to get any more juiced up than they would already be for an NFCCG, then there's something wrong with them. I never said it would be "easy". I just don't think the crowd is going to affect them.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I would say is that if your defense needs the crowd to get any more juiced up than they would already be for an NFCCG, then there's something wrong with them.

That's just a silly thing to say. Downright silly. A standard retort from opposing teams (and I've used it myself) but it's just silly (and I knew it when I dropped it too).

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
That's just a silly thing to say. Downright silly. A standard retort from opposing teams (and I've used it myself) but it's just silly (and I knew it when I dropped it too).
Why? Because it's the truth? If you've used it, why do you think it's so crazy? I just think you guys are lending way too much credit to the role the crowd plays in a football game. I'm sure the Cards play great at home, but do I think the crowd is going to make a difference in the outcome of this game? Absolutely not. If the Eagles come out and play well, then I think they win, regardless if it's the loudest a crowd has ever been in the history of mankind.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it's simply silly to say a team should be sufficiently pumped up to be playing in a championship game. If anything, playing big games can bring out the nerves (ask your QB). A team that feeds on a crowd can have those nerves calmed and go from jacked up to playing beyond belief and that can be the difference in the game.

And when I've used it, I did so the same way you did...against a team that I really didn't want to lose to with a loud crowd that DOES make a difference in games. When you have nothing else to use, you pull out the "well, if they need to be motivated by xyz, they aren't ready to be winners...blah blah blah." It's ok man. Like I said, it's a standard, but silly retort.

Nice add there, too. IF the Eagles come out and play well, you think they will win. We happen to think they won't come out and play well, and part of the reason will be because of the crowd noise and the defense flying around enticing us to yell even louder to blow the roof off of Jiffy Pop.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And btw, I don't think you realize you are basically just egging me on to be louder than I've ever been in my life, and I'm one of the more aggressively loud members of this fanbase, sitting 5 rows from the field.

So in your little way, you are helping our defense. THANKS!

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Because it's simply silly to say a team should be sufficiently pumped up to be playing in a championship game. If anything, playing big games can bring out the nerves (ask your QB). A team that feeds on a crowd can have those nerves calmed and go from jacked up to playing beyond belief and that can be the difference in the game.

And when I've used it, I did so the same way you did...against a team that I really didn't want to lose to with a loud crowd that DOES make a difference in games. When you have nothing else to use, you pull out the "well, if they need to be motivated by xyz, they aren't ready to be winners...blah blah blah." It's ok man. Like I said, it's a standard, but silly retort.

Nice add there, too. IF the Eagles come out and play well, you think they will win. We happen to think they won't come out and play well, and part of the reason will be because of the crowd noise and the defense flying around enticing us to yell even louder to blow the roof off of Jiffy Pop.
There's a difference between being nervous, and not being fired up to play. I don't think a team going into the NFCCG should need any help getting fired up, but that's just me. And mark my words, if the Eagles don't play well, it will be because of the Eagles, not because of the crowd.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
And btw, I don't think you realize you are basically just egging me on to be louder than I've ever been in my life, and I'm one of the more aggressively loud members of this fanbase, sitting 5 rows from the field.

Hey, go ahead man. You have tix to the NFCCG. Scream your head off for your team. The Eagles shouldn't and won't use the crowd as an excuse if they don't play well, and I don't think they'll have to.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I just think you guys are lending way too much credit to the role the crowd plays in a football game. I'm sure the Cards play great at home, but do I think the crowd is going to make a difference in the outcome of this game? Absolutely not. .

Cant a loud crowd cause:

1. False starts
2. Silent counts, negating the advantage the offsense has on snap count.
3. Harder or limited audibles

All of which is a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just talking to my dad about this and we agreed that we have never seen the Eagles get phased by an opposing crowd.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hey, go ahead man. You have tix to the NFCCG. Scream your head off for your team. The Eagles shouldn't and won't use the crowd as an excuse if they don't play well, and I don't think they'll have to.

What a little girl :talk:

The Falcons Coach said after the game, he and the team were not prepared for the noise, I'm pretty sure the Noise does not help the Eagles and the defense has repeatedly said they feed off the crowd. Maybe even the noise validates to the Cards themselves that this is a real NFL Franchise with a real Fanbase. I'm sorry that the Card are not like the jaded Eagles who make it to the NFC Championship on a regular basis. This crowd has had so many years waiting for this, You would have to be a Cardfan to understand what kind of magical energy will be in that building Sunday, Throughout the years we were like a Kid on Xmas morning that woke to a box of coal and a kick in the Nutts by Santa, every Christmas. Horrible years you dont know, but this year we got the NFC Championship at home, its gonna be nutts in that building, Cards D will feed off it, The Cards are a very Bi-polar team.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cant a loud crowd cause:

1. False starts
2. Silent counts, negating the advantage the offsense has on snap count.
3. Harder or limited audibles

All of which is a direct impact on the outcome of the game.
Yes, but did you see the extremly loud crowd in Minny 'cause the iggles to do any of that two weeks ago?

I think we will win the game because I think we are a better team at this moment.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
What a little girl :talk:

The Falcons Coach said after the game, he and the team were not prepared for the noise, I'm pretty sure the Noise does not help the Eagles and the defense has repeatedly said they feed off the crowd. Maybe even the noise validates to the Cards themselves that this is a real NFL Franchise with a real Fanbase. I'm sorry that the Card are not like the jaded Eagles who make it to the NFC Championship on a regular basis. This crowd has had so many years waiting for this, You would have to be a Cardfan to understand what kind of magical energy will be in that building Sunday, Throughout the years we were like a Kid on Xmas morning that woke to a box of coal and a kick in the Nutts by Santa, every Christmas. Horrible years you dont know, but this year we got the NFC Championship at home, its gonna be nutts in that building, Cards D will feed off it, The Cards are a very Bi-polar team.
...And you're still missing the point. I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but I'll say it again: I expect the crowd to be very loud on Sunday. It won't affect the Eagles. Period.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
...And you're still missing the point. I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but I'll say it again: I expect the crowd to be very loud on Sunday. It won't affect the Eagles. Period.

If you say it enough, surely it must be true...

:shock:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If the crowd yells just right, Andy Reid's belly could begin to vibrate in sypathetic rythym and cause a minor earthquake on that side of the field wiping out the iggles sideline.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowd noise may not affect the Eagles at all. We just will have to see. It can and does affect our team.

A quiet home crowd and loud visiting fans upset our players in the past. A loud supportive home crowd elevates our team's play.

As one of the visitors wrote above, we'll beat the Eagles if we are the better team. Unlike most people, I don't see a high scoring affair. The better defense will be the determinant factor, I think.

Based on 2008 season stats, big edge to Philly. Sometimes, in a playoff run, season stats become meaningless and misleading. That's our hope, isn't it? Same as their hope that some of their 2008 offensive poor performances are mere hiccups and meaningless.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Thanks, Lets get a thread sticky going, letting everyone know not to waste there time yelling because it doesn't work anyway, thanks goeagles. Since Eagles are not affected by Sound as a crowd I think a collective Humm, that might work wonders.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score

Say hi to the executives and retirees that buy up half the seats in your row for us. You're going to have to yell extra loud to make up for them. ;)

Nice seats to have, though. Congrats.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, would've already happened in the Minny game. That thing does just keep getting bigger though.

I don't have the link handy, but he said this week that he is eating more while he prepares for the game.

An easy joke if it was one, sure. But it isn't. He just loves to eat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05