Cubs vs Dbacks - Round One 2007 Playoffs

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an awesome game, even sitting in the second to last row of the upper deck. I'm voiceless, but happy :thumbup:

Which section?

Wednesday we were in 305 Row 16.

Thursday we were in 324 Row 12.

It was great to rib the Cubs fans about their pitching tonight. Lilly's pitch count was HUGE after only 2 innings.

Each time they brought in a new pitcher a few of us in our section would yell "Next!"

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
307, Row 38. There seemed to be more Cubs fans in that section than many of the others for whatever reason (although still in the minority big time). It sure was fun seeing those disappointed faces tonight.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
You know, this series is especially sweet so far.

Granted, its WAYYYYYYY too early to put the cart before the proverbial horse, however after listening to the National Media more or less say the Cubs were going to wipe their ass with Arizona and dealing with the droves of self righteous idiots with a false sense of self entitlement that have polluted our town this week, to see Arizona up 2-0 is definitely sweet because it's taken the wind out of the sails of many Chicagoans who came to town and also shut up the biased National Media.

My slam is nothing against the Cub organization or Chicago fans.. I nowhere near dislike this team and certainly don't come close to holding them in the same "regard" I do the Crocks (Rockies), Yank-Mes or Mets. However, exchanges like the one which occurred between myself and an obnoxious Cub fan during Game 1 before we even got in the gate make this especially sweet.

We're outside Chase Field right before the game when this exchange between a Cub Fan and myself occurred.

Cub Fan: **** YOU AND THE DIAMONDBACKS!

Me: **** us?? Well, let's talk friend.. So how's it feel to know Arizona was still territory of Mexico when you last won a World Series?

Him: How's it feel to know you can't sell a playoff game?

Me: About as good as the excuses you jobbers use for sucking for the last 98 years

Him: At least we can sell a playoff game out

Me: Of course, you make them once a decade, so they're special occasions to you Chicagoans.

Him: You can't sell out the playoff games..

Me: And your beloved Cubs can't win them.. So, lets see... It was a goat before and a poopy fan recently... What ******** excuse are you losers going to use this year when you do your annual October suck job?

Him: Talk to me when you sell out a playoff game.

Me: Hey, don't get pissed at me that my team's won more World Series' in 9 years of existence than the Chubs have won in the last 99 combined.

*Jobber storms off in a huff*

So again, between guys like this and the Media making Arizona out to be some fluke, I really do hope the Snakes sweep Chicago and whoever survives Philly- Colorado. Maybe then, the media will give this team its long overdue respect.

Last edited:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
lol, that's Cubs fans for you.

"Me: **** us?? Well, let's talk friend.. So how's it feel to know Arizona was still territory of Mexico when you last won a World Series?"

TOO F****NG FUNNY!!!

AZZenny

Reaction score
I was there -- a few more Cubs fans than last night, but they actually were quieted pretty quickly, too. Every 'Lets go Cubbbb-ies' chant got taken over by DBacks fans. They left early, too.

If we were quieter, it was because it was a MUCH slower, draggier-paced game (also pretty warm in the stadium with the roof closed). We were totally back in it after the 3-run Homer by CY, but then again, we looked at the clock and realized we couldn't possibly be out of there much before eleven. Doug Davis MAY possibly rate a resurrection of "The Human Rain Delay" title, and face it -- hard to feel confident or fired up when he's on the mound.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I tried to turn off TBS's horrible announcing and turn on 620, but the stupid tape delay made it so Sutton's call was 7 seconds ahead of the TV action. Stupid streakers ruin everything. Another thing, Thomas and Ripken are not Barkley and Smith.

Good sir, I have just the thing for you (If you have Windows, as I dont, so I cant use it):

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/Radiodelay.shtml

A description of the software:
Radiodelay description
Radiodelay is a tool to delay audio from your FM Radio in your TV tuner card or from an external input source

Radiodelay is an utility to delay audio from your FM Radio in your TV tuner card or from an external input source.

It is particulary useful for listening to sports commentary on the radio when watching TV. Radio commentary is often a few seconds earlier than TV.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

So, I just found out that my best friend's wife's parents just scored the three of us FREE TICKETS for Game 3 at Wrigley... from partial owners of the D-Backs!

Gee, you'd be proud... I'm bringing me a broom to help the Backs sweep that pathetic rabble of trash right out of their own stadium!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

So, I just found out that my best friend's wife's parents just scored the three of us FREE TICKETS for Game 3 at Wrigley... from partial owners of the D-Backs!

Gee, you'd be proud... I'm bringing me a broom to help the Backs sweep that pathetic rabble of trash right out of their own stadium!
Beautiful!!!! Represent Cheese.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

Come out of there in one piece. Go D'Backs!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

Wow. That is awesome. Rep us proudly. :)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

Don't forget your '1908' shirt and/or sign. I'm sure you can find one somewhere on the South side.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Enjoy yourself Cheese, but given all the openly expressed confidence around here...

:stick:

My office manager's husband just came back from a week working in Chicago -- he said the upbeat talk is all bluster, and the pervasive sense of doom is clearly evident.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

:thumbup:

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh... HELL YEAH!

:thumbup:

Cause a ruckus..

:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is your seats? Ill try to get some close so you can help punch rockies fans..

oh boy, a playoff series against a team from Denver... Gee could set off Armageddon between the two cities if both teams take care of business!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh boy, a playoff series against a team from Denver... Gee could set off Armageddon between the two cities if both teams take care of business!!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

I'm thinking not too many rockies fans will be there.. Denver doesnt have alot of transplants here and the rockies are definitly the 4th most popular team in denver, so I dont know how big the rockies fans turn out will be.. Not much is my prediction..

But I cant wait for 3pm to get here.. I wanna put away the cubs right away..

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow the dbacks just sweeped the cubs what a amazing year and Drew played amazing defense and livan pitched a great game GREAT JOB DBACKS bring on anyone we don't care