Cutler to Az?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Byron Leftwich is a pending free agent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards sign Mendenhall, Burress, Wallace, Starks, Foster,Hampton, Foote and Allen. And maybe even bring back Brandon Johnson and Leonard Pope.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the understanding that Lean is completely trolling and there's no chance of this happening:

Blech. Not because Jay Cutler is a jerk (I think he's kind of like Vince Vaughn in Swingers where he's a good guy if you're his buddy, but he's an ******* if he's a stranger), but because 2013 is the last year of his contract, and he's due almost $8.5 million--$9 million if you include a workout bonus that he'll assuredly get.

Cutting/trading Kolb back would make the payroll a wash, but we'd have to take the entirety of an $11 million cap acceleration from past bonuses given to Kolb. That's $20 million of money in the salary cap at one position.

And then we'd have to work out an extension for Cutler, which would be in the ballpark of five years, $85 million, with something like $30 million in guarantees.

It's just not gonna happen, and that's why.

And. perhaps, one other reason. The new HC in Chicago likes him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And. perhaps, one other reason. The new HC in Chicago likes him.

I think that Cutler is a great match for Trestman. By all accounts, Cutler is a really smart, cerebral kind of guy. He got along with Mike Shanahan, who is another one of those types. I think he'll get along with Trestman really well.

Arians might have been a bad fit for Chicago in part because he's kind of an emotionally driven guy (at least, that's how it's seemed from his interviews). I don't think that's a great mix with Cutler.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Cutler is a great match for Trestman. By all accounts, Cutler is a really smart, cerebral kind of guy. He got along with Mike Shanahan, who is another one of those types. I think he'll get along with Trestman really well.

Arians might have been a bad fit for Chicago in part because he's kind of an emotionally driven guy (at least, that's how it's seemed from his interviews). I don't think that's a great mix with Cutler.

I know lots of people in Chicago who wouldn't give an account of how really smart and cerebral Cutler is. He isn't a dimbulb, but he isn't really a mastermind.

That said, great thread. Compelling and rich.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know lots of people in Chicago who wouldn't give an account of how really smart and cerebral Cutler is. He isn't a dimbulb, but he isn't really a mastermind.

That said, great thread. Compelling and rich.

Vandy is a tough school to get into due to academics. Cutler is a pretty smart guy, just also very aloof.