Cutler to Az?

Gottalean

Rookie
Reaction score
Rumors going around that BA may try to trade for Jay Cutler. either for Michael Floyd or a defensive player and draft pick(s)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
My second least favorite QB after Vick...the guy is a jerk, zero leadership ability...he may have an arm but I seriously doubt he ever leads a team to a championship.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
With the understanding that Lean is completely trolling and there's no chance of this happening:

Blech. Not because Jay Cutler is a jerk (I think he's kind of like Vince Vaughn in Swingers where he's a good guy if you're his buddy, but he's an ******* if he's a stranger), but because 2013 is the last year of his contract, and he's due almost $8.5 million--$9 million if you include a workout bonus that he'll assuredly get.

Cutting/trading Kolb back would make the payroll a wash, but we'd have to take the entirety of an $11 million cap acceleration from past bonuses given to Kolb. That's $20 million of money in the salary cap at one position.

And then we'd have to work out an extension for Cutler, which would be in the ballpark of five years, $85 million, with something like $30 million in guarantees.

It's just not gonna happen, and that's why.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wouldn't renew my season tickets if we traded for Cutler. Simple as that. The only other player in the NFL I think I can say that for is Santonio Holmes. I want both of them far, far, away from this franchise.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Arians met with Cutler for a couple of hours when he was a finalist for the Bears job, and liked what Cutler had to say.

I am sure Arians will like what Kevin Kolb has to say as well.

Both, imo, are better talkers than football players.

Both play fidgety and skittishly.

Both have good arms---but questionable leadership skills.

If Arians really likes Cutler, we are in deep doo-doo.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumors going around that BA may try to trade for Jay Cutler. either for Michael Floyd or a defensive player and draft pick(s)

Rumor has it that BA is going to trade for Andrew Luck either for Larry Fitzgerald or PP21 and draft pick(s). See? I can play too.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians met with Cutler for a couple of hours when he was a finalist for the Bears job, and liked what Cutler had to say.

Whoah! I have no dog in this fight, but if you approach this objectively, (1) it's not that Cutler had any WR's other than Marshall to throw to and, more important, (2) maybe Arians &/or Moore see something in Cutler they feel they can correct and build upon.

Or maybe it's one more trumped up off-season fantasy.

OP
OP
G

Gottalean

Rookie
Reaction score
I would trade Kolb or Floyd for Cutler in a heartbeat, but I guess I'm alone Ther. guy has a lot of baggage but he is ten times better than anyone we got or anyone in the draft, IMO

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cutler? No, more likely we see Dennis Dixon.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Byron Leftwich is a pending free agent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come in.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know what people problem is with Cutler, but he is a very good QB. Love to see him throwing TD to Fitz and Co.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vick was toast last year, Cutler will never be "that" guy, and Arians is smart enough not to hang his hat on either of these cats. Anybody could have posted that sourceless rumor.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think you highly overestimate BA's Hokie allegiances.

It's not like he played with him.

I don't think there is a scenario I would hate more than bring Vick in to be our QB.

Let me be clear.... I would rather go with a Max Hall, Tim Rattay, Scud group of QB than bring in Vick.

Thank god it will NEVER happen. He is the anti BA QB in almost every measurable way.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a scenario I would hate more than bring Vick in to be our QB.

Let me be clear.... I would rather go with a Max Hall, Tim Rattay, Scud group of QB than bring in Vick.

Thank god it will NEVER happen. He is the anti BA QB in almost every measurable way.

Agreed. And, I highly doubt the Bidwill's would buy into it either.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
How could anyone not want to see this on the sideline at UofP?

You must be registered for see images attach

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

I believe Keim also likes Cutler.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy I think BA wants: Mike Vick, fellow Hokie.

I think if Bruce Arians factored his alma mater into his professional coaching decisions his career would have ended 20 years ago.