Cuts Announced

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=2175

Cards Make Moves to Get to 53-Man Roster Limit

The Cardinals announced Sunday that the team has released the following 13 players: running back Damien Anderson, running back Aveion Cason, center Steve Grace, wide receiver Lawrence Hamilton, defensive tackle Cedric Hilliard, defensive end Dennis Johnson, wide receiver Kevin Kasper, safety Adrian Mayes, cornerback Coby Rhinehart, fullback Joshua Rue, defensive end Antonio Smith, defensive lineman Shaun Smith, and guard Tony Wragge.

The team also placed safety Dexter Jackson (back) and defensive tackle Kenny King (wrist) on the Injured Reserve list.

With these moves, the Cardinals have reduced their roster to 53 players. All NFL teams must be at the 53-man limit by 1:00 PM (MST) today.

Last edited:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
No surprises on the cuts. but Jackson gone for the year, maybe his back is worse than we are told.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Kasper is gone and Newhouse makes the team. Not sure about that one.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Who is on the practice squad. Kasper Cut and we keep Stone and or Lindsey. That is a suprise. Poole was a lock, but Newhouse? He may be on the Practice squad.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been saying all alomg that Kasper would be lucky if he made the team. doesnt surprise me at all!

no real big shockers here IMO!

It appears skkorp was wrong.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Croom makes the team, along with E. Smith, Hambrick, and Scobey at running back.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Interesting...

LJ looks like he will be back this season.
Croom made the squad!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
been saying all alomg that Kasper would be lucky if he made the team. doesnt surprise me at all!...

Jerk. Don't expect an autograph. :D

Herdman

Rookie
Reaction score
Any guesses at the new depth chart?

Cardinals web site depth chart is way outdated.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Kolodziej made the team at DT!!! Kind of shocked.Maybe Hilliard will be PS player?
OL has Rookie C and 2 rookie guards and rookie Tackle.Robert Tate over Rhinehart?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The only thing surprising to me is that we are only keeping 4 CB's, and keeping a ton of Olinemen(11).

Practice Squad isnt named until Monday after everyone gets a chance to hit the waiver wire first.

Also remember we can still send Cantu straight to the PS if a players does become available to us.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice to see Poole make the team, dudes been cut so many times but always steps up, Dennis Johnson I wish would have panned out. But all you Kasper Jock strap sniffers are probably crying right now. And I have a big HAHAHAHAHA for you guys. Way to go Kasper next Cards MVP, good thing he did not sign Shanes kids ball, he would have depriaciated its value LOL :D

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
BW52 said:
Kolodziej made the team at DT!!! Kind of shocked.Maybe Hilliard will be PS player?
OL has Rookie C and 2 rookie guards and rookie Tackle.Robert Tate over Rhinehart?
Who is the back-up Center now?

Tate was playing BIG in Denver. Rhinehart was burned for the first Denver TD...it's the little things...

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I knew Anderson would be cut. He hurt himself ALOT by having no special teams value what so ever.

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
I though Newhouse played his way on the team. I am glad he made the cut, he deserved it.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Also remember we can still send Cantu straight to the PS if a players does become available to us.

Cantu is automatically on the practice squad. He is not on the 53.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Nick C said:
I though Newhouse played his way on the team. I am glad he made the cut, he deserved it.

Yep and that ends the Kasper debate. I am certainly glad Nate Poole made this team, he deserved it as much as anyone.

Some of the guys left still have to be a little nervous because if Green see's anyone available that he feels is an upgrade I doubt he even hesitates to put the claim in.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Nick C said:

Nick:

I'd agree more if he hadn't made most of his plays against 3rd and 4th stringers, with Navarre throwing him the ball. Neither of those factors is likely to be repeated in the regular season, IMO.

WC