Cuts Announced

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
He may have worked out fine in Mini Camps but according to Skorp he has had the back problems since the beginning of training camp. IMO he had them before that but like Skorp said in his thread he kept his mouth shut for as long as possible.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36705

So which report is wrong. :shrug:
If you want fly on the wall speculation then what might have happened was that Coach Green came in and tested his team to see who had what he was looking for. He broke a few rules and rubbed a couple vets the wrong way and they figured if they complained to the union together they would be safe from being cut, after all they can't cut all the high priced talent. So fast forward to now and we see that those who didn't pass the test and are high priced are still getting cut. Coach Greens test was to see whom he could count on when things were tough. Sheltons injury might not be legit....and I think from the talk that Dexters is not in anyway legit. If he plays in the first few weeks for someone else then it will be shown that it was a power play and he and others(Kendall, maybe Shelton) lost. LJ is a damn fine tackle. For him to lose his spot after he has worked hard in camp and kept his mouth shut, there has to be more to the story than anyone is letting on about. It is pure specutlation and it is free but I think that several vets screwed themselves and the Cards with this cheap petty power wrangling. Anyway it is all over and it is time for some winning football for a change. Or at least competitive and physical football. we might steal a few games. :thumbup:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
I just hope if he gets on with another team, it isn't one of the teams in our league.

By "our league" did you happen to mean the NFL? Because, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about that!! :D

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Nice to see Kevin Kasper getting some parting props from Dennis Green. From the Cardinals' website (thanks, Chrissy):

Since his arrival, Green has talked about wanting players who play hard and consistent, and so one of those tough cuts he made today was releasing Kasper. “That was tough with Kevin Kasper because he’s that kind of player,” offered Green.
From playing his first game as an Arizona Cardinal without a single practice, to lasting until the final cut under Green, Kasper never stopped playing hard for this team (when given the chance). There have been plenty of more-talented players on the roster the last two years who couldn't make the same claim.

So I wish Kasper well, and hope this isn't the end of his career in the NFL. And I hope Reggie Newhouse is the upgrade that Green believes he is.

WC

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't believe the conspiracy theory as it relates to Dexter.

From everything I've heard and seen (including when Brighteyes interviewed him last year) it looked like he would have welcomed are harder hitting more no nonsense approach to practice.

I doubt he would have complained and KDUS was reporting that they saw him having trouble walking.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
nidan said:
I just don't believe the conspiracy theory as it relates to Dexter.

From everything I've heard and seen (including when Brighteyes interviewed him last year) it looked like he would have welcomed are harder hitting more no nonsense approach to practice.

I doubt he would have complained and KDUS was reporting that they saw him having trouble walking.

I dont buy it either.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i truely believe he was and still is hurt. I stated before on this site that I recall him having back trouble in Tampa and that is why they did not want to match the cards offer. If someone can confirm this it would be great.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
clif said:
i truely believe he was and still is hurt. I stated before on this site that I recall him having back trouble in Tampa and that is why they did not want to match the cards offer. If someone can confirm this it would be great.

Tampa Bay had no chance to re-sign Dexter Jackson since they were in cap hell. They had to cut players that year so that they could get their rookies signed. It had nothing to do with an injury. In fact, they wanted him back.

The Cards outbid the Steelers at the last possible second to get Dexter Jackson to sign here as a FA.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Tampa Bay had no chance to re-sign Dexter Jackson since they were in cap hell. They had to cut players that year so that they could get their rookies signed. It had nothing to do with an injury. In fact, they wanted him back.

The Cards outbid the Steelers at the last possible second to get Dexter Jackson to sign here as a FA.

i know all that... but I still believe he had a back problem that made the decision a little easier for tampa

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05