D-backs vs. Dodgers series thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like listing to Grace during the dbacks I think he brings a lot of energy and he has some real funny lines I do not care for sutton though he is real boring. Man if we could just get some darn runs we would be in great shape because Randy is pitching another good game

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Well Clark is having a banner game. First he throws the ball away, allowing Pierre to reach second, only to score, and then (in my opinion) takes a grounder that should have been Hudson's, meaning they had no shot at the runner at first, only to be bailed out by bad base running by Kemp.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Well Clark is having a banner game. First he throws the ball away, allowing Pierre to reach second, only to score, and then (in my opinion) takes a grounder that should have been Hudson's, meaning they had no shot at the runner at first, only to be bailed out by bad base running by Kemp.

I should be a motivational speaker. Clark home run, game tied at 1.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Man these two teams sure are slow to make it watchable. Great game last night... eventually... hopefully this one ends well for us too. But it sure is sloooow.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The guy is hitting under .228 with RISP. This guy needs to go away and stay away.... His occasional home run doesn't make him worth it.... :thumbdown

His defense makes him worth it, but it is a little concerning that he not only has not improved from last year, but that he's actually regressed at the plate.

HooverDam

Reaction score
His defense makes him worth it, but it is a little concerning that he not only has not improved from last year, but that he's actually regressed at the plate.

Sophomore slump? It happens all the time, if he's still playing this way next September, then be worried.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
perfect lyon allows the first guy to get a hit with manny up ugh :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hahaha nice manny hits into a double play ball one out to go :)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm a Yankee fan (as well as a D-back fan)... Nobody has hurt the Yanks as much as Manny, so I typically break out in hives when he's up in a game-winning situaton...

NOT TONIGHT though!!!!

:thumbup:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sweetness dbacks 2-1 Randy pitched another near perfect game, and manny had one hit but couldn't get it done when it mattered the most for the dodgers gj again by Lyon. Oh yeah Tony Clark also hit a huge hr so now at worse we will lose two in la but lets go for the sweep :)

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I was watching the ESPN gamecast. I about cheered when Manny hit into that DP. :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
Win 293 for the Big Eunuch, there's a very slight chance he may get 300 this season if he can keep this fountain of youth stuff up.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
He has what...9 starts left? It certainly is possible, but I'm still predicting 297 wins at the end of the season....of course then if you add his playoff victories this season he'll get that 300 ;)

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Torre must not have known that Drew hits lefthanders pretty well; going to Biemel completely backfired. We got what Daron and Mark thought we all wanted, Ramirez up, representing the winning run in the 9th inning. I didn't want to see it to be that dramatic, but I am sooooooo glad he hit into that DP. It's good to be on the winning side of these one-run games. Randy is now a perfect 7-0 at Dodger Stadium, which is RANDY, baby, yeah!
Three-game lead, MUST SWEEP.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
With two wins in LA, this guarantees that when the D-backs set foot back in Phoenix next week, that they will be be in first place. 7-1 so far on this road trip, nobody expected that! What I forgot to mention in my haste last night was that Johnson has not allowed an earned run in 20 innings and has won five straight games. Also, big kudos to Qualls, Rauch and Lyon last night :clapping: . I'm hoping Yusmeiro and company squelches Mannymania tonight. I almost expect to see Cruz pitch tonight, there's no way Petit throws a complete game.

I'm glad they're not going to rush J-Up back. When Upton does return, I wonder who gets sent down. Buckner, probably.
Romero and Burke :shock: are filling in adequately in RF for now. Before Jackson took charge of LF, we saw a similar concern over there. The bench players have been played a tremendous role in this team's success this year. Burke, Romero, Ojeda and Clark don't always dazzle with their numbers, but have been there to plug up holes and I certainly appreciate that.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With two wins in LA, this guarantees that when the D-backs set foot back in Phoenix next week, that they will be be in first place. 7-1 so far on this road trip, nobody expected that! What I forgot to mention in my haste last night was that Johnson has not allowed an earned run in 20 innings and has won five straight games. Also, big kudos to Qualls, Rauch and Lyon last night :clapping: . I'm hoping Yusmeiro and company squelches Mannymania tonight. I almost expect to see Cruz pitch tonight, there's no way Petit throws a complete game.

I'm glad they're not going to rush J-Up back. When Upton does return, I wonder who gets sent down. Buckner, probably.
Romero and Burke :shock: are filling in adequately in RF for now. Before Jackson took charge of LF, we saw a similar concern over there. The bench players have been played a tremendous role in this team's success this year. Burke, Romero, Ojeda and Clark don't always dazzle with their numbers, but have been there to plug up holes and I certainly appreciate that.

Nice summary. Other than your appreciation for Burke, I'm on board with the rest of it. 7:10 tonight. Just find a way to win.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05