D Washington signs new 6 year deal

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is a really good move for the Cardinals over the future. I may disagree with some of the moves they are making, but I do enjoy and applaud the fact they are actually making moves to improve the team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a really good move for the Cardinals over the future. I may disagree with some of the moves they are making, but I do enjoy and applaud the fact they are actually making moves to improve the team.
i hope u think darryl washington new deal is a good move

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice!

Hopefully management won't let all this young talent spoil...now its time to give up a barrel of #1 picks & get a franchise QB!!!
I would love to cosign this but behind this line, he'll get killed. No point in pulling a "Kolb: The Sequel". I'd rather spend em on the line
Thought this would eventually happen. Didn't expect it to happen so quickly. I guess we should thank Adrian Wilson for this. Redoing his contract most likely freed up the money to give to Washington.
I think A-Dub deserves more credit in the general building of this team. He was the original loyal Cardinal

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That tells me the Cards ran out of options in the FA market for OT, reserve QB or pass rusher.

That said - signing DWash was absolutely a great football move.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holy Cow, hadn't heard a thing about this until just now. Awesome!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
surprised this thread is getting so little love. this is a really great move, locking up a guy YEARS before the gun's put to our head.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
surprised this thread is getting so little love. this is a really great move, locking up a guy YEARS before the gun's put to our head.

Disagree. This move is getting PLENTY of love from here. We all were hoping that this would be done ASAP and it got done expeditiously.

Kudos to the FO. Interested to see what the figures are. If he's locked in for 6 years, the guaranteed money has to be enormous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. This move is getting PLENTY of love from here. We all were hoping that this would be done ASAP and it got done expeditiously.

really? i would have expected a thread like this to be 8 or 9 pages long by now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
really? i would have expected a thread like this to be 8 or 9 pages long by now.

Some of us have things to do in the middle of the day. Like work :D

(I'm in between clients)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ive already said "sweet!" but I will post again to helplengthen the thread for you :)

I dont think there is much to say is all, we all wanted it, we got it, great move, moving on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think once the values get out (it might be tomorrow), then there'll be more discussion. Unlike TJ, I don't expect this to be a giant deal. He was scheduled to make some $1.7 million over this year and next. He's not a Pro Bowler (yet), and inside linebackers don't make a ton of money.

It doesn't sound like an extension--at least, it's not being reported as such. It's being reported as a new contract through 2017.

Lawrence Timmons's contract extension last August was 6 years, $50 million, $10 million signing bonus. I wouldn't be surprised to see a carbon-copy of that deal. Maybe even less, since Timmons was a first-round pick and he was entering his contract year when he extended.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thrilled.

CC, DW and Fitz all within 2 years. High Five FO.

YAY! Now that I know we wont let DW walk to another team, I can finally go out and buy my 58 jersey!

*I always wait till we lock guys up to make that investment. My DRC Jersey mocks be everytime I walk into my closet.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how much influence the new FO guy had on this deal because this a very un-Rod Graves type move. Either way, it's a very good move.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder how much influence the new FO guy had on this deal because this a very un-Rod Graves type move. Either way, it's a very good move.

Unlike Rod? Only if you have not been paying attention.

He's on record saying that D-wash was a corps player.

The new guy is a bean counter, not someone who's deciding who we sign.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Unlike Rod? Only if you have not been paying attention.

He's on record saying that D-wash was a corps player.

The new guy is a bean counter, not someone who's deciding who we sign.
According to Rod, Boldin, Dansby, Davis, and Rolle were corps players too. And yes, it is very unlike Graves to sign a guy prior to them approaching free agency.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
According to Rod, Boldin, Dansby, Davis, and Rolle were corps players too. And yes, it is very unlike Graves to sign a guy prior to them approaching free agency.

Boldin was re-signed prior to the expiry of his first contract; Dansby after being tagged twice decided to join that winning program in Miami and for one I don't have any problem with not overpaying Davis or Antrel. DD, Wilson, Fitz, Calais and now D-wash are on the plus side of the ledger and say, at the very least, that Rod being proactive is a bit more prevelant than you suggest. All of our starters on 'D' save Paris Lenon are signed beyond 2013, as are most of the 'O'.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if PP has a big year, do we lock him down?

No. He has four years left on his high first round contract. Not 2 years left on a 2nd round deal.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...New-Deal/2abdcfc8-f73b-4e52-b304-b61e1460fa94

“I talked to my agent and told him I wanted to be here a long time, even when I first came in,” said Washington, recipient of a new six-year contract Thursday that puts him under wraps through the 2017 season. “Adrian Wilson was the first person I talked to and I talked to him about the things it took to stay in the league a long time, and that I wanted to be a Cardinal. I love the people who are here, and this is just a great feeling.”
Washington had a team-leading 111 tackles last season while piling up five sacks and 16 tackles for loss. He also had two interceptions (and dropped a couple of others) and batted down seven passes. His tackles for loss were the most for a Cardinal since defensive end Clyde Simmons had 17 in 1995.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05