Dallas Cowboys @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/18/23-09/23/23

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The road fan to home fan ratio is probably going to be one of the worst since we moved from Sun Devil Stadium. Dallas' defense looks absolutely ferocious, but I think their offense is "meh".

The pounding our offense is likely to take and that it will feel like a road game for the players, it will make for a really rough one.

I think the Cowboys will be up 3 scores at the half and probably win by a similar margin, something like 13-31.

Would not be shocked to get a Tune sighting in the 4th.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the cowpie starters will be on the bench by halftime. The backups who are eager for playing time will pour in on through the second half. There is zero reason to think otherwise…

on Monday I’ll glance at the headline and save myself the feeling I had from the first two games. I’ll use this model for the 49ers game the following week. It’s called self-preservation…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And absurd.

How is it absurd?

After the Skins game this board was FULL of Dobbs will never be good enough, he's garbage, we'll struggle to score a TD etc. Literally page after page of it.

And I said "Well everyone thought our D was going to be the worst and it's balled out. Maybe give the guy with 6 practices some time? It's a bit early" and what do you know...

What was absurd were the pages of people jumping to conclusions after one game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere the Cards signed Qwuantrezz Knight from the Niners practice squad yesterday and he's now on the 53.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is it absurd?

After the Skins game this board was FULL of Dobbs will never be good enough, he's garbage, we'll struggle to score a TD etc. Literally page after page of it.

And I said "Well everyone thought our D was going to be the worst and it's balled out. Maybe give the guy with 6 practices some time? It's a bit early" and what do you know...
Let it go

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not breaking any rules. I'm not making personal attacks.

People shouldn't get to dump on a guy all week then just pretend it didn't happen when wrong.
It is absurd to put Dobbs in any conversation with those QBs. He isn't. If anything, it calls into question QBR. Dobbs played about as well as he could in the first half, and then couldn't muster any sort of points or offense to seal away the win. Nothing occurred that makes anyone who said he is a replacement level NFL QB wrong. One half doesn't matter more than an entire career.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It is absurd to put Dobbs in any conversation with those QBs. He isn't. If anything, it calls into question QBR. Dobbs played about as well as he could in the first half, and then couldn't muster any sort of points or offense to seal away the win. Nothing occurred that makes anyone who said he is a replacement level NFL QB wrong. One half doesn't matter more than an entire career.
But he feels so vindicated!!!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nobody is putting him the conversation with those guys. What is absurd is to think QBR is suddenly broken because it doesn't agree with your narrative.

What happened the 2nd half wasn't on him. It's not as if he was out there throwing ducks.

And nobody said he was a "replacement level NFL QB" they said variations of he was garbage, certainly not you. Your own words,

"No one has pretended that Dobbs is anything more than a NFL scrub other than those who defended the trade for Dobbs."

"Dobbs is a scrub. He looked like a scrub."

"Dobbs doesn't make sense period"

Just some of the many words you have to say about him and the trade. And one of those was in response to @Zeem_Freeze saying "He's only been here 13 days, maybe give him some time?"

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We lost both of our possibly winnable games to start the season - there are likely no winnable games in the upcoming months - MONTHS

These losses are not the Darksiders fault - not only that but we'd rather be winning than be right. The first half of the Giants game was beautiful. I even gave Dobbs a non-derogatory nickname because even I am capable of enjoying his game

So when we lose our next 8 or so games - trust when I say it doesn't make us happy. We'd rather be wrong

So if folks wanna do this whole "I told you so" dance because Dobbs had one good half - go for it. I hope he has more good halves in him

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did Dortch do?

It's not like he is Chandler Jones.
I made that comment to Linderbee during the game. I am shocked that he doesn't get more of a burn. Although since we are seeing more 2 and even 3 TE sets, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22