Dallas @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sunday April 1, 2007 - 12:30PM (3:30PM ET) ABC

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Why don't we play like this in other games?????
I tell ya I really think it's boredom with the lack of a challenge with lesser teams. I have bought into the capability of "flipping the switch" that this team seems to have.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay tell that to your raja bell can be the difference between an nba title buddies.
it's not a valid excuse. if he's not playing.....he's not playing. either way the mavs are getting outplayed.....that's why they are losing.

Not Raja alone. Raja, Amare and a healthy Kurt. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, Damp did own the offensive glass a couple of weeks ago, and his absence is a significant reason why the Suns scored so much in the paint today.

No it's not. Even with Damp in there, the Suns still owned the paint in that game. Damp just was a beast on the offensive boards. Amare still had his way in the paint that game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
64%.

The highest FG percentage in any NBA game this season.

64%.
which is why the mavs got dropped. I hope they don't shoot that over a 7game series.....then the mavs won't have a shot.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good win, Amare's dunk with Jason Terry hanging on him was pretty damn impressive!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No it's not. Even with Damp in there, the Suns still owned the paint in that game. Damp just was a beast on the offensive boards. Amare still had his way in the paint that game.
I agree. damp is a great rebounder. but the mavs got worked either way. damp isn't the reason they lost by any stretch of imagination.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the talk in the past and now about the Suns style of play has me thinking. This game has showed me that the Suns can play an extremely effective half-court game. From the 1st quarter and on, the Suns played a slow-down offense with the P&R. I didn't really notice them pushing the ball until towards the end of the 4th quarter.

The critics may still be right that our MAIN style of play is limited, but we are more than capable of working through the shot clock to get our points.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Nowitzki complaining about no foul when he came down on Diaw's foot after jumping forward on his shot was classic, too. The same when Howard got beaten by LB, who was stopped by Terry, then while Terry fouled LB, Howard grabbed him around the waist, stuck his face in the way of Barbosa's elbow, and complained about no foul. Somebody needs to rewrite that Onion article about SA to star the Dallas team. Personally, I think Phoenix won because the refs called the game reasonably evenly--quite a few atrocious calls and no-calls, as usual, but it seemed like they flubbed pretty evenly, so that Amare wasn't forced out of the game multiple times, as is their usual goal.

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
I was wrong.

I claimed that Nash would dominate in the fourth.

In fact he dominated the entire game.

Mavs better pray they don't meet the Suns in the finals.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great win. We shot the lights out. Hopefully this will carry over into subsequent games. Not the best game to evaluate our defense or rebounding (our defense always looks better when our offense is clicking), but when we shoot like this, a few stops here and there is usually enough to win. Let's hope we don't have a letdown when we travel to Memphis on Tuesday.

JR and Amare had a prolonged argument about something during the game. Anyone catch what that was about?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JR and Amare had a prolonged argument about something during the game. Anyone catch what that was about?

I think it had to do with the previous defensive work. JR let his guy go baseline, and I think Amare wanted him to turn him to the middle. He would have had a better chance of blocking it. I could easily be wrong though, so a replay would help

Nash

Reaction score

on who the go-to guy on the team is. JR wanted the ball in crunch time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Nowitzki complaining about no foul when he came down on Diaw's foot after jumping forward on his shot was classic, too. The same when Howard got beaten by LB, who was stopped by Terry, then while Terry fouled LB, Howard grabbed him around the waist, stuck his face in the way of Barbosa's elbow, and complained about no foul. Somebody needs to rewrite that Onion article about SA to star the Dallas team. Personally, I think Phoenix won because the refs called the game reasonably evenly--quite a few atrocious calls and no-calls, as usual, but it seemed like they flubbed pretty evenly, so that Amare wasn't forced out of the game multiple times, as is their usual goal.
what? nash was complaining about no calls during the game as well. Mr. Mvp took a tech a couple of games ago as well for complaining. amare had to be sat down by his coach after whining about a call he took. look at it both ways. marion's foot went into dirk's leg when he came down. Dirk isn't wrong for complaing about that whether it was a foul or not. it isn't just one guy complaining out there. now cuban.....he's different.