Dan Connor Up-date....

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Read over on Yahoo that he was "IMPRESSIVE" at his Pro Day AND CARDS reps. were there watching. As well as Eagles, Steelers. Hmmmm?? Of course, the draft is a long ways off....

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Read over on Yahoo that he was "IMPRESSIVE" at his Pro Day AND CARDS reps. were there watching. As well as Eagles, Steelers. Hmmmm?? Of course, the draft is a long ways off....

Interesting. Thought he was an SILB type. Where we have Dansby now. Maybe they're preparing for a year from now.

They're considering a "possible need" pick early. CB? RB? when, 2nd and 3rd?

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From Great Blue North Draft page:

Long-time NFL excutive and draft guru Gil Brandt confirmed on his pro day summary sheet over at NFL.com that Penn State LB Dan Connor indeed was timed in around 4.7 seconds for the 40 at the school's on-campus workout earlier this week. Connor had once been considered one of the top two LBs in the 2008 draft and a likely top 15-20 pick but his stock has slipped of late and that time in the 40 isn't likely to help. At the same time, though, Connor was quicker in some of the other drills; in fact, his time in the three-cone drill (6.78) would have been the third fastest among OLBs at the combine, while his time in the short shuttle (4.25) would have been in the top 10 for OLBs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OK. Stout. Whats your take on Dan Connor. Legit mid 1st rounder?

Mmm, it's really hard to say. I want to say no, because I don't want to be a homer and overrate him. I want to say yes, though, because he was asked to do a lot of position shifting to help his team, knowing it would hurt his stats. His numbers are also ambivalent; we knew his speed wasn't blazing, which was backed up by his workouts. He did end up showing good quickness in drills, though. I'd say that we as a team have better options there at #16, but he is a legit mid-1st rounder. I think he should go to the right team, though, or else he might struggle initially.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Mmm, it's really hard to say. I want to say no, because I don't want to be a homer and overrate him. I want to say yes, though, because he was asked to do a lot of position shifting to help his team, knowing it would hurt his stats. His numbers are also ambivalent; we knew his speed wasn't blazing, which was backed up by his workouts. He did end up showing good quickness in drills, though. I'd say that we as a team have better options there at #16, but he is a legit mid-1st rounder. I think he should go to the right team, though, or else he might struggle initially.

:thumbup: And I too think we really need to focus on talent and speed this draft.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about Connor. I do know joepa and Penn State produce a lot of good LBs.

Reaction score
With the single exception of speed, and granted that's a big consideration, Connor has everything you want in a LB!

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I know nothing about Connor. I do know joepa and Penn State produce a lot of good LBs.

I thought Dan Connor never went to college? But I hear he was a heckuva lineman in H.S.

You must be registered for see images attach

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I personally think that Dan Connar is a 2nd round pick. He is the almost similar to Poz on the Bills. I wouldn't want him on the team. I would rather have Groves in the 1st instead of Connar if we were to pick a LB in that round

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Maybe they were there to look at CB Justin King???

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I think we can count on reports of Cardinal scouts being at virtually every workout involving a round 1-3 rated defensive player. Get used to it.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think we can count on reports of Cardinal scouts being at virtually every workout involving a round 1-3 rated defensive player. Get used to it.

Just about to say the same thing. We could get be knee deep in reports that we talked to 200+ players and were at 50+ pro days if the media really wanted to.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on who's still on the board, I think I'd be fine with Connor as the pick. He's going to be solid.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Some scouts are starting to say that King is a low 1st round talent now. It wouldn't surprise me.
thats strange...I didn't think King's stock has gone up that much. From the sites I useally look at like nfldraftscout.com and nfldraftcountdown.com have him projected as a 3rd rounder.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
thats strange...I didn't think King's stock has gone up that much. From the sites I useally look at like nfldraftscout.com and nfldraftcountdown.com have him projected as a 3rd rounder.
He's immensely talented, but he just needs to work his technique. I can see him being taken that early a la Antonio Cromartie. Let him sit and learn, then come in on Year 2.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely take Connor on the team. I just think there will be better options at #16. I wouldn't mind getting King either, and after it all shakes out, the 2nd round might be just the place to take him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mel Kiper last night in his mock had Dallas taking him with their 2nd pick.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He's immensely talented, but he just needs to work his technique. I can see him being taken that early a la Antonio Cromartie. Let him sit and learn, then come in on Year 2.[/quote
that's about right on.The guys has all the measurables but i think i could get open on him.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see him as a LB.

You must be registered for see images

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's worth noting that the Nittany Lions have some other draft-eligible players. Their Quarterback (I totally space on his name) is a good late-round, developmental prospect for the position. Good size, but streaky. He may never develop into a starter, but he'd probably easily beat out a Tim Hasselback type in training camp.

Reaction score
It's worth noting that the Nittany Lions have some other draft-eligible players. Their Quarterback (I totally space on his name) is a good late-round, developmental prospect for the position. Good size, but streaky. He may never develop into a starter, but he'd probably easily beat out a Tim Hasselback type in training camp.
The QB, Anthony Morelli, I wouldn't touch. He was a disappointment for Penn State, they were hoping for much, much better from Morelli. And no, he wouldn't beat out Hasselback nor Rattay!

Reaction score
Stout, do you know is Sean Lee headed back to PSU next season or did he declare? His upside just might be better than Poz or Connor's...

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The QB, Anthony Morelli, I wouldn't touch. He was a disappointment for Penn State, they were hoping for much, much better from Morelli. And no, he wouldn't beat out Hasselback nor Rattay!

:shrug: Different strokes, I suppose. Morelli makes me think of a poor-man's Joe Flacco. He'd be as acceptable as John Navarre was, but he's probably more mobile.

There are a lot of 7th rd/UDFA QBs that I'd like to look at. Hasselback is terrible. I'm not sure how you can say that Morelli wouldn't be better than him.