Darrien Gordon: Is he available?

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
At this point I'd take anybody at CB to replace Michael Stone. Does anybody else realize that he is two injuries away from the starting lineup!?!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I thought I heard that he got released, but can't find out for sure.

Depth at CB and PR.

Gordon is one of those impossible to figure out guys, great athlete but he's always been a good PR and a bad CB. I've just never been able to figure out why he's not better than he is given his athletic ability?

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I just looked through the CB free agent list and there just isn't crap available it appears.

Somewhere there's a diamond in the rough I suppose.

I don't think we'll sign anyone until mid to end of camp.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I just looked through the CB free agent list and there just isn't crap available it appears.

Somewhere there's a diamond in the rough I suppose.

I don't think we'll sign anyone until mid to end of camp.

And if there is a position on the field you can throw somone out there without concerning yourself too much about schemes, it is CB (IMO). I mean schemes are important and all but I think you tell them to cover the guy in front of them and let learning the defense run it's course.

Section 11, where did you find the listing of the available FAs?

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Section 11, where did you find the listing of the available FAs?

AZCB34:

There's one on sportingnews.com: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagents/cb.html

Darrien Gordon appears to be an unrestricted FA. The only other available names I recognized were Ray Crockett (Kansas City) and Eric Davis (Detroit), who I don't think have much left.

Slim pickings, indeed.

WC

Last edited:
OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
It was a Clayton piece. Looked pretty complete. I'm still looking for it again as I didn't bookmark it....

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeez, VERY slim pickings in the CB list. Only a few names I could recognize as ever starting before and guys like Hitchcock and Fair always seemed to be turnstiles for WRs on the way to the endzone...

On the flip side there are some interesting names as FAs on the DT list. Wonder if the Cards simply have zero interest in them or are waiting to see if someone better comes along towards the end of camp?

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Too bad we're not looking for a safety and I sure am glad we're not in need of a quarterback, talk about the bottom of the barrel. Why is Antonio Freeman still out there? Attitude?

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by so far away
Why is Antonio Freeman still out there? Attitude?

SFA:

Freeman wants more money than anyone's been willing to pay him. He'll be on some team's roster by the end of training camp, maybe sooner. This appeared on ESPN.com 7/09:

>>Despite the persistence of his suitors, veteran wide receiver Antonio Freeman continues to exercise deliberation in deciding his future, and likely won't determine where he will play for the coming season until just before training camps open leaguewide.

"He's still looking at the options out there," agent Joel Segal told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. "He's in shape and is ready to go to camp. It's just a question of which camp."

Unlike many veteran players still in the unrestricted market and without jobs, Freeman continues to draw interest from at least three teams. The eight-year veteran played in Philadelphia last year (after spending his first seven seasons with Green Bay) and proved to be an effective No. 3 wideout. Only five No. 3 wide receivers in the league had more than Freeman's 46 catches.

Although the Eagles want to develop younger wideouts like third-year veteran Freddie Mitchell and rookie Billy McMullen, the team has stayed in contact with Freeman and has a standing offer to him. Carolina and San Francisco also remain in the picture.

Freeman, 31, has closely scrutinized the rosters of all the teams interested in him, Segal said, and his priority remains to be a contributing member of a playoff franchise.<<

Doesn't sound like the Cards figure in Freeman's plans, in any event.

WC

Last edited:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by so far away
I sure am glad we're not in need of a quarterback, talk about the bottom of the barrel.

We really need a backup with game experience. Someone mentioned earlier Jeff George and I say let's sign him.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Darien Gordon retired 16 years ago. Sheesh. I'm 51 and I swear he's older than I am.

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
We really need a backup with game experience. Someone mentioned earlier Jeff George and I say let's sign him.

I've wanted to sign George for 2 years now, everyone says he's a head case but we don't need him to be the focal point of the offense, hell put tape over his mouth so he can't even talk! MAN HE THROWS A VERY NICE LOOKING BOMB!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05