Dbacks to be "very" aggressive at the trade deadline

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I think this team should trade whatever they need to in order to get a bat like Vlad Jr.

Hear me out:

He is the DH against lefties and plays 3rd against righties. Suarez plays third against lefties and defensive substitution.

Trade Grichuk for a relief arm upgrade over Castro.

Walker is a free agent and next Vlad Jr plays first.

The main thing though is he is the consistent stud bat we need. He is damn near must see tv. He brings star power that will bring attention to the Dbacks and increase revenue. More revenue equals more quality players and consistent competitive teams.

Same reason I thought the Dbacks should have done whatever they needed to do to get Shohei. Value on the field is great but the star power is even greater.

Not sure what the package would look like but my guess is something like this:

Druw Jones OF
Jordan Lawler SS
Ryne Nelson RHP
Jake McCarthy OF
Pavin Smith OF/1B

Druw Jones is untouchable when you consider Alek Thomas can’t hit major league pitching. As for Lawlar you have to hope he’s not another AJ Pollock physically.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Druw Jones is untouchable when you consider Alek Thomas can’t hit major league pitching. As for Lawlar you have to hope he’s not another AJ Pollock physically.
I'd trade Alek Thomas without hesitation. Carroll can hold his own in Center and McCarthy can be the everyday RF, with Grichuk as the utility sub.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't think Mike gets enough praise for what is done for this team. Last year we beat 3 quality teams and made it to the World Series with an 84 win team (Torey also deserves praise also). His pickups for this year looked great on paper but did not pan out like we thought they would. Now he has stayed within budget and pickup some players who should help up. He is a great baseball man and a great guy. imagine what he could do if he had the budgets that some other teams have. He's a keeper.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd trade Alek Thomas without hesitation. Carroll can hold his own in Center and McCarthy can be the everyday RF, with Grichuk as the utility sub.
Dbacks are 17-9 when Alek plays this year. They are 41-42 when he doesn't. They give up 4.11 runs a game when he plays and 4.90 runs a game when he doesn't. His defense matters. The Dbacks got off to a hot start, he gets hurt, they struggle until he comes back. I am not letting this kid go until Jones is ready and hopefully by then he get improve his hitting.

For fun, I just looked up how much we score too. 6.53 runs a game when he plays and and 4.67 when he doesn't. I am not sure why we have scored more and I wasn't expecting these results.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat