Dear Cardinals,

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just liked to take a minute the commend you on this 2005 off season. From the free agents that we've sign to what appears to be another fine draft. Are there questions about this upcoming year? There are plenty. But unlike in the past, many of questions have been addressed.
The example I like to use is the instability last year at quarterback. The organization went out and signed arguably the best qb availablethis off season. Are there questions about Warner. Yes. But in years past this team would have been looking to sign the 3rd string qb from the Winnepeg Blue Bombers and have us believe he was the next Steve Young.
Not anymore.

In the past I would be evry worried if we would EVER sign our draft picks. I've been able to temper those fears. I must admit apprehension tugs at my coat tail when we get within a week of training camp and we still have 4 draft choices still unsigned.

Also there is this little thing about Anquan Boldin. Heres my take. Anquan Boldin is a beast. He is the type of player that best described as special. There will be times that this young man will at times strap this team on his back and win a game single handedly.
He is a player that you dream of drafting and you did. Now it's time to take a chance.

If "Q" has a year like his rookie year, you may not be willing to pay him what some team out there is willing to pay. This is a player that deserves a to be delt with on the generous and reasonable side of error. If Q was to get injured or suffer thru an injury plagued career, there will be detractors. The true fan will appreciate the attempt of signing very good players.

Of coarse we could just wait and "tag" him. In my opinion that only creates a problem. You will never get Q any cheaper than you will today.
The pieces of the puzzle are all there. Now we just have to snap the pieces together. Q is a big piece of this puzzle. Lets lock him up now as we head into the next few years.

Keep up the good work. Let's get these daft picks signed in time for camp and get ready for the big splash we are about to make in the NFC this year.

Sincerely,
Slanidrac16

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
But in years past this team would have been looking to sign the 3rd string qb from the Winnepeg Blue Bombers and have us believe he was the next Steve Young.

Hey now, don't bag on Russ Michna, 3rd String QB for the Winepeg Blue Bombers. He would have been a great signing for us coming out of Western Illinois.

:D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Hey now, don't bag on Russ Michna, 3rd String QB for the Winepeg Blue Bombers. He would have been a great signing for us coming out of Western Illinois.

:D

BIM; Winnipeg :D

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Anquan Boldin is a beast. He is the type of player that best described as special. There will be times that this young man will at times strap this team on his back and win a game single handedly.

And how many wins was he directly responsible for? I'm not saying he isn't special, but I don't agree he carries the team on his back for wins... We just haven't had that many wins to grant anyone on the team this kind of super player status.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardNots said:
And how many wins was he directly responsible for? I'm not saying he isn't special, but I don't agree he carries the team on his back for wins... We just haven't had that many wins to grant anyone on the team this kind of super player status.

When you look at the type of games Q has had, IMHO, there will be times when we look back and will say he did indeed put this team on his back and carry them to a victory. There will be times when he will indirectly affect the outcome of a game just being on the field.
He is the type of player that defenses must game plan to stop. If they don't, they will pay the price. If they do, it will free up a teammate to excel because of match-ups.
My point is that he is the type of player that I would like to see be a Cardinal for a long, long time.

seesred

Reaction score
I agree. Q is a game changer.Sign him up and don't get caught up in a Joe Johnson situation. Joe could have been signed for 20 mil less than now. Shortsighted people have an issue on the hands by not getting it done. Any player can get injured. This player after 1 1/2 seasons has proven on the field that it is possably that he may have a Jerry Rice type of career.

GBR
Think playoffs

VinceBlack

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting sick of the "homerism" regarding Q, or is it just me? Granted, he showed two years ago that he can be a special player, but let's be reasonable. One season does not make a career. He needs to prove himself worthy of what he is asking.

As for the Joe Johnson situation.......hindsight is 20/20. If we would have paid Joe the 50mil last year and then he ended up crawling back into his shell the past season, people would be ranting and raving that the Suns should have waited until he proved himself. It's easy to question management when you are be critical of a past decision. It takes no thought.

Last edited:

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I love Boldin as much as the next guy. But to call him a special player at this point in his career is way off base IMHO. First of all I worry about his knees. Plus he isnt a burner. ( I know Jerry Rice wasnt either). TO AND MOSS are game changers.God I hate them TWO. They have done it over a long period of time. I am not saying that Boldin never will be special. I hope he is. But I can name 15 receivers I would take over him right now. I hope to eat a tasty helping of crow by the end of the year.

seesred

Reaction score
I know hindsight is 20/20 but, everyone in managment except Sarver wanted him signed last year. The only thing I was saying is that like Joe, Q, has shown some brlliance on the field of play. It's not that big of a gamble to get his next 5 years done now. He has more catches in his first two years than any rookie before him. ANY! Yes his knees are big ?? BUt did you watch him last year when he came back. IMO he is incredable, great hands and knows how to go up and get it. Just think Blake was he first QB and then, Mac, Navarrre, and the other guy,Whoever he was?.

I'm a homer a proud of it. But I also know I believe a talented player when I watch one. Not that years mean anything but 60 years will give you some strong opinions. I also played some. I think Q is special as a player and as a man. We are all alowed our opinions yopu have yours and I'll stick to mine. GET the deal done with Q now and reap the benefits for years to come.

GBR
THINK playoffs.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Denny Green Fan said:
I love Boldin as much as the next guy. But to call him a special player at this point in his career is way off base IMHO. First of all I worry about his knees. Plus he isnt a burner. ( I know Jerry Rice wasnt either). TO AND MOSS are game changers.God I hate them TWO. They have done it over a long period of time. I am not saying that Boldin never will be special. I hope he is. But I can name 15 receivers I would take over him right now. I hope to eat a tasty helping of crow by the end of the year.

He can still be a "special" player and not be on the level of TO or Moss. I'll guarantee you he's a better blocker than those two combined, and that counts for something. He is not yet the "elite" player that those two are. But then he hasn't had the surrounding cast that they had in Philly and Minnesota last season.

He had one whale of a rookie season, and really didn't play that badly last season at 80%. There is a health concern, but when healthy, the guy is "special" IMO.

Are there other receivers I'd prefer? Sure, but I'm not sure the number reaches 15. For a position that seems to be dominated by "head cases" and/or selfish jerks, (see TO, Moss, Horn, Chad Johnson), Q is a class act and I'm glad he's a Cardinal.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seesred said:
I know hindsight is 20/20 but, everyone in managment except Sarver wanted him signed last year. The only thing I was saying is that like Joe, Q, has shown some brlliance on the field of play. It's not that big of a gamble to get his next 5 years done now. He has more catches in his first two years than any rookie before him. ANY! Yes his knees are big ?? BUt did you watch him last year when he came back. IMO he is incredable, great hands and knows how to go up and get it. Just think Blake was he first QB and then, Mac, Navarrre, and the other guy,Whoever he was?.

I'm a homer a proud of it. But I also know I believe a talented player when I watch one. Not that years mean anything but 60 years will give you some strong opinions. I also played some. I think Q is special as a player and as a man. We are all alowed our opinions yopu have yours and I'll stick to mine. GET the deal done with Q now and reap the benefits for years to come.

GBR
THINK playoffs.

Agree... :thumbup:

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
Special players are not statistically driven, always. Name your top 5 wide receivers. Now, is Hines Ward in that list? Possibly not. That is a special special reciever. He makes plays when they need them. He blocks, he breaks tackles, he does what the team needs when they need it most from him. Q is similar in this regard. Slot receiver, fearless, powerful, and hungry. Do not underplay this talent simply out of the number of years he's played. I don't count this as homerism when I see the way the man plays, and the manner of which he carries himself on the field. This is the kind of player we want on our team.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty classy replies men. I am glad I could give my opinion and not get ripped a new one. LOL.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Denny Green Fan said:

His two QBs were Jeff Blake and Josh McCown and he still put up some of the greatest numbers of any receiver in 2 yrs. If that's not saying something I don't know what is.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Denny Green Fan said:

Strong point DG Fan. I like a lot of others get caught up in the taste that he's offerd us in the past 2 years. I know in my heart he can be a special player. He just has to go out and do it.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Denny Green Fan said:
Pretty classy replies men. I am glad I could give my opinion and not get ripped a new one. LOL.

We are just waiting, ever so patiently, for your list of 15 receivers you'd prefer over "Quan the Impaler", before sticking your head on a stake. :D

Last edited:

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Lol LMAO. My twin brother thinks he is going to be special. OK u got me. For the life of me I can only truly think of seven . Chad Johnson Terrel Owens Randy Moss Javon Walker Marvin Harrison Hines Ward Andre Johnson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan