Dear Michael Bidwill ( A Must Read )

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Bidwill (Mike),
Thank you for the transformation you have put into our beloved Cardinals over the past decade- from the new stadium, new uniforms, new attitude, big contracts, division championships, conference championship and the once unthinkable- The Cardinals playing in a Superbowl!

Growing up a kid in NJ I started following the Big Red as they were on our TV a lot playing then in the NFC East (vs. Giants, Eagles, Redskins and Dallas). Only problem in the 70s & 80s was it was nearly impossible to locate any Cardinals gear. I remember waiting for the Sears Christmas catalog to come out each year as that usually offered items for all of the NFL teams.

Now some 25 years later I am a Cardinals season tickets holder since 2006 (Sec 104, Row 8) and like you, your family and every Cardinals fan on the planet- its time to see the Lombardi Trophy come home to the Bidwill family. We got a taste of how playing in a Superbowl feels just a few years ago, I was there in Tampa, FL. It's something I will never forget. Something I will appreciate even more when the Cardinals return to the big stage and are crowned champions of the NFL.

The 2011 Cardinals ended the season at .500 and won 7 of their last 9 games. One of those wins was over a 49er team fighting for playoff seeding. The 49ers will take a step back in 2012. Seattle still has a lot of holes to fill and St. Louis is rebuilding. 2012 can be a very special season for the Cardinals.

I remember 1993 when the Cardinals lost out bidding for the services of HOF QB Joe Montana. Now almost 20 years later you have a chance to make the "biggest aquisition in Cardinal/ NFL history" by signing QB Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning would immediately make the Cardinals one of the NFC favorites to make the Superbowl. The Cardinals would probably be on National TV at least 10 of the 16 games next season. Manning #18 Cardinal jerseys would be a Top 5 selling jersey in the country. The Cardinals would be featured nationally each week by the pre-game shows, in national publications and on satellite radio. The Arizona Cardinals would be the talk of the NFL.

Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald is arguably the best WR in the NFL right now and probably the best ever by the time his career finishes. How scary is it that Peyton Manning probably would raise Larry Fitzgerald play to another level.

Twenty years ago the Cardinals lost out on Joe Montana and it set the franchise back. Now you have a chance to make the Arizona Cardinals one of the most popular teams in the NFL by signing QB Peyton Manning. And your reward for doing that will be holding up the Lombardi Trophy one year from now!

Thank You for your consideration!
Cardinal Nation

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Agree 100% and believe signing Manning will "pay for itself" in numerous ways, i.e. team popularity, marketing, and the all important Lombardi trophy! Not to mention FA signings by making the tam more desirable to them!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Peyton even able to throw a football? Last I heard he doesn't have any strength in his arm. I just feel like this could end up being a disaster if he comes here. Hope I'm wrong. But that's my fear.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Bidwill (Mike),
Thank you for the transformation you have put into our beloved Cardinals over the past decade- from the new stadium, new uniforms, new attitude, big contracts, division championships, conference championship and the once unthinkable- The Cardinals playing in a Superbowl!

Growing up a kid in NJ I started following the Big Red as they were on our TV a lot playing then in the NFC East (vs. Giants, Eagles, Redskins and Dallas). Only problem in the 70s & 80s was it was nearly impossible to locate any Cardinals gear. I remember waiting for the Sears Christmas catalog to come out each year as that usually offered items for all of the NFL teams.

Now some 25 years later I am a Cardinals season tickets holder since 2006 (Sec 104, Row 8) and like you, your family and every Cardinals fan on the planet- its time to see the Lombardi Trophy come home to the Bidwill family. We got a taste of how playing in a Superbowl feels just a few years ago, I was there in Tampa, FL. It's something I will never forget. Something I will appreciate even more when the Cardinals return to the big stage and are crowned champions of the NFL.

The 2011 Cardinals ended the season at .500 and won 7 of their last 9 games. One of those wins was over a 49er team fighting for playoff seeding. The 49ers will take a step back in 2012. Seattle still has a lot of holes to fill and St. Louis is rebuilding. 2012 can be a very special season for the Cardinals.

I remember 1993 when the Cardinals lost out bidding for the services of HOF QB Joe Montana. Now almost 20 years later you have a chance to make the "biggest aquisition in Cardinal/ NFL history" by signing QB Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning would immediately make the Cardinals one of the NFC favorites to make the Superbowl. The Cardinals would probably be on National TV at least 10 of the 16 games next season. Manning #18 Cardinal jerseys would be a Top 5 selling jersey in the country. The Cardinals would be featured nationally each week by the pre-game shows, in national publications and on satellite radio. The Arizona Cardinals would be the talk of the NFL.

Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald is arguably the best WR in the NFL right now and probably the best ever by the time his career finishes. How scary is it that Peyton Manning probably would raise Larry Fitzgerald play to another level.

Twenty years ago the Cardinals lost out on Joe Montana and it set the franchise back. Now you have a chance to make the Arizona Cardinals one of the most popular teams in the NFL by signing QB Peyton Manning. And your reward for doing that will be holding up the Lombardi Trophy one year from now!
Thank You for your consideration!
Cardinal Nation

That's a pretty bold presumption considering he's only won 1 & been to 2 in 14 years. The NFC is stacked with probably 7-8 teams that could realistically compete & be in the SB in 2012.

Mannings uncertainty healthwise adds to that even if the Cards are fortunate enough to nab him. If healthy he improves our chances...but in no way ensures the Cards win a SB let alone more than 1. I honestly don't think Manning will be as great as he was after his neck injuries. How many SB's did Montana win after leaving SF?

Sorry if I ruined our dreams, but just dealing with the reality (my darkside) of the situation.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Is Peyton even able to throw a football? Last I heard he doesn't have any strength in his arm. I just feel like this could end up being a disaster if he comes here. Hope I'm wrong. But that's my fear.

:thumbup: I hear ya Gee

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He's been throwing; just not a full strength.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Mortenson mentioned on Sportscenter (it was a live interview) 2 days ago that he has aggressive throwing sessions each day and that he is improving with each workout.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
That's a pretty bold presumption considering he's only won 1 & been to 2 in 14 years. The NFC is stacked with probably 7-8 teams that could realistically compete & be in the SB in 2012.

Mannings uncertainty healthwise adds to that even if the Cards are fortunate enough to nab him. If healthy he improves our chances...but in no way ensures the Cards win a SB let alone more than 1. I honestly don't think Manning will be as great as he was after his neck injuries. How many SB's did Montana win after leaving SF?

Sorry if I ruined our dreams, but just dealing with the reality (my darkside) of the situation.

The AFC has been a 3 dog race for the past decade between NE, Pitt & Indy. Maybe a move to the NFC would be good for PM......

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to forward my letter to anyone you want. I honestly feel if this subject thread gets a record amount of hits that the "message" will find its way to the Cardinal brass.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Mortenson mentioned on Sportscenter (it was a live interview) 2 days ago that he has aggressive throwing sessions each day and that he is improving with each workout.

IMO you can't read to much into that...wasn't he also expected to play last year& then had another surgery & missed the season?

He also mentioned on NFL 32 that if anyone had video of Manning throwing it might be worth million$, that he's been throwing in secret locations. Nobody knows how well/bad that Peytons progressing besides him & those secret few. Until we or someone sees Peyton actually throwing & making progress towards playing, I'm skeptical.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO you can't read to much into that...wasn't he also expected to play last year& then had another surgery & missed the season?

He also mentioned on NFL 32 that if anyone had video of Manning throwing it might be worth million$, that he's been throwing in secret locations. Nobody knows how well/bad that Peytons progressing besides him & those secret few. Until we or someone sees Peyton actually throwing & making progress towards playing, I'm skeptical.

There have been Colt players who on record have said they've watched him throw at the end of the regular season. Not in secret locations, but at practice.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He missed the season because of another surgery on his neck, which is now fully healed.

Buckybird

Reaction score
There have been Colt players who on record have said they've watched him throw at the end of the regular season. Not in secret locations, but at practice.

CC, I haven't heard 1 Colt player say that. Show me the evidence.

He missed the season because of another surgery on his neck, which is now fully healed.

Really? So he's ready to play right now? Don't think so.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cards have picked up a legend, HOF, arguably best ever at their position after they left their franchise before. But Emmitt Smith didn't do much for us. I would love to get Peyton, but to think adding him will automatically give us a SB victory is a little overly optimistic

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Since no one actually KNOWS if Peyton will be completely healthy or not, isn't it kind of silly to be so negative about it. Been reading ALOT of "Won't happen" "No Chance" etc. what's the point? Wouldnt you rather be a fan then right?

I assume everyone here has enough brain cells to compute a healthy Peyton Manning would be amazing and a huge upgrade over anything we have ever had under center. That's a no brainier.

But are people ASSUMING hell be unhealthy? What the hell do you know? Same as everyone else. Nothing. So as a fan, why wouldn't the attitude be " Man I hope he's healthy" and if so " I hope we sign him"

Newsflash Cards fans. This is the first time you have been at the top or near the top of a desirable situation for a guy this good and it might not happen again. This is a pretty unique set of circumstamce. There's a legit shot here.

So let's all hope he is healthy so we can FINALLY be a glamour team with the weight of expectations. That's a feeling none of us have ever had before in football.

We should all be puling in the same direction on this. No ones gong to care if you were right and he ends up being unhealthy or signs elsewhere.

Be a fan.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards have picked up a legend, HOF, arguably best ever at their position after they left their franchise before. But Emmitt Smith didn't do much for us. I would love to get Peyton, but to think adding him will automatically give us a SB victory is a little overly optimistic

There's a big difference here once you get past Manning's injury. Smith was clearly playing at a level well below his peak when Dallas released him but Manning was still at the top of his game when he went out with surgery. I have no idea if he can come all the way back from his injury but I don't think anyone expected Emmitt to turn back the hands of time.

Steve

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Since no one actually KNOWS if Peyton will be completely healthy or not, isn't it kind of silly to be so negative about it. Been reading ALOT of "Won't happen" "No Chance" etc. what's the point? Wouldnt you rather be a fan then right?

I assume everyone here has enough brain cells to compute a healthy Peyton Manning would be amazing and a huge upgrade over anything we have ever had under center. That's a no brainier.

But are people ASSUMING hell be unhealthy? What the hell do you know? Same as everyone else. Nothing. So as a fan, why wouldn't the attitude be " Man I hope he's healthy" and if so " I hope we sign him"

Newsflash Cards fans. This is the first time you have been at the top or near the top of a desirable situation for a guy this good and it might not happen again. This is a pretty unique set of circumstamce. There's a legit shot here.

So let's all hope he is healthy so we can FINALLY be a glamour team with the weight of expectations. That's a feeling none of us have ever had before in football.

We should all be puling in the same direction on this. No ones gong to care if you were right and he ends up being unhealthy or signs elsewhere.

Be a fan.

Could not of said it better. You hit it on the nail!!

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
PM really never had a defense at the caliber of Horton's defense is becoming either. Him and Fitz wouldnt be fair. Bring Him in.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think we should have treated Edge better, as fans, that is what I think.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's a big difference here once you get past Manning's injury. Smith was clearly playing at a level well below his peak when Dallas released him but Manning was still at the top of his game when he went out with surgery. I have no idea if he can come all the way back from his injury but I don't think anyone expected Emmitt to turn back the hands of time.

Steve
lol, that's easy to say, but who knows if Peyton Manning can get past his injury...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05