Desean Jackson

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Does this guy lead the league in running out of bounds or what? Everytime I watch him with the ball he is just looking for the sidelines. As good as he is I think he is a total p#@@y and Adrian Wilson better lay him out!!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this guy lead the league in running out of bounds or what? Everytime I watch him with the ball he is just looking for the sidelines. As good as he is I think he is a total p#@@y and Adrian Wilson better lay him out!!!!!

Desean is a slight guy and yeah he will avoid hits. Remember the USC game 2 years ago, Taylor Mays drilled him early and DeSean was never a factor after that. We found out later he played most of the game with a concussion.

I will say this, he is dangerous as hell, we should not punt to him and we better not fall asleep on him the only guy on the field as fast as DRC is DeSean Jackson.

Great talent though he needs to mature(see the lost TD on MNF when he celebrated before crossing the goalline) but 900+ yards as a rookie was pretty impressive.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong, to be honest. He does run out of bounds often, but he is an extremely tough kid. He's taken a lot of hard hits this year and gotten right back up. I've seen him take more big hits than any other receiver on the team. He's not afraid to go across the middle.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
It's more than that.

Very early in the season Jackson was fighting for yards on every return and taking some real hits just to get two or three yards. I noticed right away in the 3rd or 4th game that someone coached him to avoid needless contact.

As a young speedster wideout, it makes perfect sense. Stay healthy, stay fast, make a 40yd catch and don't get hit. Nothing wrong with it and I'm glad he is taking smarter care of himself.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I worry about Jackson as a returner, not so much as a WR. DRC is bigger, stronger and faster.

Jackson should be about as effective as Steve Smith was last week, meaning 'not very'.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
I worry about Jackson as a returner, not so much as a WR. DRC is bigger, stronger and faster.

Jackson should be about as effective as Steve Smith was last week, meaning 'not very'.
I would worry about him as a receiver, as well. He has back-breaking speed and an ability to find pockets in the field and get open. Although he is obviously still a rookie and occasionally has trouble with drops.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
DeSean Jackson needs to get attention in this game. He is one guy you can't let him beat you because he has that capability.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Jackson has to be accounted for and respected as a deep threat, but he isn't someone who has to be doubled like Fitz and Smith, IMO. DRC can handle him one-on-one.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score

I'd say Steve Smith was the only Giants WR to stand out at all last week.

If the Cards are putting their best secondary guy on Jackson, that's not the best plan.

I'm actually a little more concerned with Rod Hood. He was a standout guy for the Eagles in nickel coverage, missed the Thanksgiving game, and certainly knows McNabb's game pretty well. I didn't like seeing him leave.

I read somewhere that Matt Ware was signed by Arizona. Is he stealing a paycheck there, too?

Last edited:

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I love DeSean Jackson. From the first day he played at Cal I pegged him as the next Peter Warrick.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
I was talking about Carolina's Steve Smith, who did jack against the Cardinals last week.
DRC is a great corner, but the Ealges have receivers other than Jackson. Jackson did not have a huge week last week, but Curtis and Avant came up with some big catches. They are two you need to look out for. They are speedsters who can get open with the best of them.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
DRC is a great corner, but the Ealges have receivers other than Jackson. Jackson did not have a huge week last week, but Curtis and Avant came up with some big catches. They are two you need to look out for. They are speedsters who can get open with the best of them.

Yep. That's the blessing and the curse that goes with having no real #1 WR threat. In four and five WR/TE/RB sets, any one of them will gladly take the first down that is offered - usually over the middle.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. That's the blessing and the curse that goes with having no real #1 WR threat. In four and five WR/TE/RB sets, any one of them will gladly take the first down that is offered - usually over the middle.
I really like Avant. I think he's going to have a much better year next year. And how irrelevant has Reggie Brown become?

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I really like Avant. I think he's going to have a much better year next year. And how irrelevant has Reggie Brown become?

Wonderfully irrelevant. We can't lose as fans when Reggie Brown and LJ Smith square off in a "who sees less playing time" contest.

I enjoyed last week how LJ came on to the field in a package, got called for a false start, and was immediately recalled back to the sideline. Thank goodness.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Wonderfully irrelevant. We can't lose as fans when Reggie Brown and LJ Smith square off in a "who sees less playing time" contest.

I enjoyed last week how LJ came on to the field in a package, got called for a false start, and was immediately recalled back to the sideline. Thank goodness.
LOL! I knew he was going to find a way to screw it up. It was a big false start too, if I remember correctly. I can't stand the thought of LJ starting, but then again Celek did have a few big drops last week. I still think he's a better option than LJ, but as long as LJ's healthy, they're going to start him no matter what.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just hope if he does beat us deep, he'll lay the ball down on the one yard line.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! I knew he was going to find a way to screw it up. It was a big false start too, if I remember correctly. I can't stand the thought of LJ starting, but then again Celek did have a few big drops last week. I still think he's a better option than LJ, but as long as LJ's healthy, they're going to start him no matter what.

Yeah it was a big penalty.

You sure about LJ starting? The coaching staff seems to have dropped any concerns about keeping him on the field because of his paycheck. Celek has been playing out of his mind lately and I'm loving it. I just hope they give Celek another chance with one of those rarely-called TE screens.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah it was a big penalty.

You sure about LJ starting? The coaching staff seems to have dropped any concerns about keeping him on the field because of his paycheck. Celek has been playing out of his mind lately and I'm loving it. I just hope they give Celek another chance with one of those rarely-called TE screens.
I think they've shown that they're committed to starting him as long as he's healthy enough, unfortunately. The Giants game is a great example of that. It made all the sense in the world to start Celek there, but LJ was healthy enough, and sure enough he gets the nod. I agree with Celek. I remember seeing him in training camp last year and thinking he was going to be special. Hopefully he's a target this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05