Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/15/24-09/21/24

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmmm... Goff pretty terrible today against TB.
We won't be able to get any of the pressure TB got today, their defense with Bowles is no joke. There's hope, but I see the Lions OL vs. our DL as way too bad a matchup. Today we made our living on defense against OL that were either dinged up or fresh off the couch.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We won't be able to get any of the pressure TB got today, their defense with Bowles is no joke. There's hope, but I see the Lions OL vs. our DL as way too bad a matchup. Today we made our living on defense against OL that were either dinged up or fresh off the couch.

Interesting, okay!

Do you have any kind of read on the DET defense HairZach?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember it was the Lions who really put a dent in the hopes of the 2021 team.

Expect lots of pressure/blitzes up the middle. Hutchinson playing with his hair on fire off the edge.

Hopefully we counter it as well. Need a big James Conner game. Their secondary is much better than last year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Remember it was the Lions who really put a dent in the hopes of the 2021 team.

Expect lots of pressure/blitzes up the middle. Hutchinson playing with his hair on fire off the edge.

Hopefully we counter it as well. Need a big James Conner game. Their secondary is much better than last year.
they bring too much heat we will counter it with Kyler Murry... but iy would be nice to rush the pressure right out of them

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hutchinson is a beast. I don’t think we contain him.

And I think they’re oline is going to mash our dline in the run game.

Will depend on kyler imo. If he can make them pay with shots to mcbride and MHJ we can win.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
First some reality.

The Rams are not a good team. Even if they had Nakua and Avila and Jackson at LT they are not a very good team. Their defense is pretty poor.

This was still a great win but this isn't the Rams of last year.

I say this to highlight that the Lions are not as advertised either. At least not yet. They laboured against a weak Rams team last week and lost yesterday against an average Bucs team.

Definitely winnable if we play like today but I expect the Lions to up their game after a poor showing this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser