Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics Series

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
First game Tuesday,May 20
8:30 pm ET

Detroit rested well,Boston played 14 play-off games,this will affect,they are the tired team.

Detroit in 6 :)

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Detroit should take this one. they have so many matchup advantages

Chauncey-Rondo- HUGE advantage Chauncey
Rip-Allen- Draw
Prince-Pierce- Advantage pierce on offense, advantage prince on defense
Wallace-KG- slight advantage to KG, experience advantage to Rasheed
McDyess-Perkins- Advantage Mcdyess

Benches- Draw

Coaching- Slight advantage pistons

Experience- advantage pistons

Home court- pistons

Rest-Pistons

6 games

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Pistons in 6,

Pistons will steal one in Boston, then home teams win from then on.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Obviously, it would be the Pistons. The Pistons are just awesome on the road, and obviously the Meltics aren't. So, it would be Pistons-Lakers in the Finals.. Oh well..

Pistons in 6.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Boston will get out of their road funk and wipe out the Pistons in 6

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Yet the Celtics won the season series 2-1. :p

i seem to remember a certain phoenix team beating a certain san antonio team 3-1 in the regular season too. how did that one work out? oh yeah...

cly2tw

Reaction score
If Celtics win game 1, then Celtics in 5. Otherwise, Celtics in 7.

The teams are rather equally matched. But Billups has some lingering injury issues and Rondo and Tony Allen are excellent defenders to neutralize him. With star power by Pierce and KG, they will win.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
If Celtics win game 1, then Celtics in 5. Otherwise, Celtics in 7.

The teams are rather equally matched. But Billups has some lingering injury issues and Rondo and Tony Allen are excellent defenders to neutralize him. With star power by Pierce and KG, they will win.

1) Chauncey has 1 "lingering injury", and he is already back to 100% as they have had so much time to rest.

2) Tony Allen is not in the celtics rotation for the playoffs.

3) Billups is too good to be defended by rondo who can not even nearly match the strength that Billups has. Billups is also a terrific defender.

4)Star power of pierce and kg? how about the star power of Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Wallace? The pistons are arguably the most talented team in the league and definitely have the same amount of star power, if not more, than the celtics.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I think the PIstons are just playing better than the Celtics. Either that or I'm seriously overrating the Magic and seriously underrating the Cavs.

cly2tw

Reaction score
1) Chauncey has 1 "lingering injury", and he is already back to 100% as they have had so much time to rest.

2) Tony Allen is not in the celtics rotation for the playoffs.

3) Billups is too good to be defended by rondo who can not even nearly match the strength that Billups has. Billups is also a terrific defender.

4)Star power of pierce and kg? how about the star power of Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Wallace? The pistons are arguably the most talented team in the league and definitely have the same amount of star power, if not more, than the celtics.

Well, Billups is only one I'd consider a star on that team. In neither series was Tony Allen's tough defense really required. But against Billups he will get his time unless injured. It will be another defensive showdown. We'll see who comes out the winner.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Stars decide playoff games. Pierce and KG came through while Billups were shut down. No surprise. On course for Celtics in 7 or 5. ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05