Diamondbacks/Cubs series thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, last year the season thread didn't work so maybe series threads will. Opening with the Cubs and the Diamondbacks won't see Prior or Woods. Take one series at a time.

By the way, first ten games at home, need to take advantage of that. Play ball!!!

Reaction score
No Sosa or Alou either. This will be a good series to evaluate where we are but w/ our 3,4,5 I think we win the series but won't sweep.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
this is when the BOB is split. So many Cubs fans live in the Valley. I rooted for the Cubs before the DBacks came here. I still consider myself a Cubs fan, but then the two get together, I get all confused :shrug:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At work and see we're down 2-0 in the first. :mad:

asudevil83

Reaction score
6-0 with 1 out in the second.

and i hate to say it, but you can already hear the booing coming from the stands on televsion. what a way to start the year on a national broadcast. the home crowd booing the home team on opening day.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Well, that was quite an underwhelming performance by our #1 starter....I could have sworn I used to see Vasquez throw a curveball, but I guess I was wrong, since he only used two pitches, and neither one worked!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IndyDback said:
Well, that was quite an underwhelming performance by our #1 starter....I could have sworn I used to see Vasquez throw a curveball, but I guess I was wrong, since he only used two pitches, and neither one worked!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was thinking the same thing. I remember him carving up the Dbacks with a curve that fell off the table. Odd.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
WOO-HOO!!! We're on the board!!!

HR by Cruz cuts the lead to 7-1!!

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Man, come home from school, turn on the TV and turn it off.

Minute later, turn it on and still 7-1 :shrug:

Anyways, I was really impressed with Bruney.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Anyways, I was really impressed with Bruney.
Enjoy him while you can because if our #1 and #2 pitchers keep it up Bruney and the rest of the pen will be on the DL from overuse by the All Star break.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clayton hits into a double play. Phelps tells us on the radio that it was a good at bat, saw a lot of pitches. Just shut up, Phelps.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Gonzo lays a bunt down the line to take advantage of the infield shift, and Q scores from 3rd to make it 7-2.

Gosling comes in the 4th inning and promptly gives up two base hits; Ramirez hits into a DP but drives in a run to make it 8-2 Cubs.

..sigh..

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Javier Vázquez has an ERA of 37.80 as of today's effort.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hammer:

How disappointing... I know it's only one game, but yuck, way to start the season, boys!