Diamondbacks/Cubs series thread

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to give Clayton a day off and play Cintron. Alex had a huge spring.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It looks like we're going to go with a big inning offense this year. Both Clayton and Ortiz were swinging away with men on 1st and 2nd and no outs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lyon comes in and gets the job done after Koplove lets in a run. 5-4 bottom of the 8th.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 5-4. Lyon gets the save and Gonzo gets the MVP of the game. Let's take the rubber game tomorrow.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Other than the hanging curveball to Hollinsworth, I thought Ortiz pitched a great game tonight. Koplove looked great in the 7th, but unraveled a bit in his second inning of work; Lyon picked up the pieces rather nicely.

Now let's see the mighty Webb sinker at work tomorrow night, and take the series from the Cubs!!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what a defensive display by Clayton to end the game! I dont care how many strikeouts he has if he keeps making plays like that.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
What a great day: D'Backs - WIN! Suns - WIN, and knock the Lakers out of the playoffs in the process!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Djaughe

Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
And what a defensive display by Clayton to end the game! I dont care how many strikeouts he has if he keeps making plays like that.

I didn't think the 9th inning play was that great...it more seemed that he fell on his knees and just made the play more difficult than what it shoulda have been....

*runsfercover*

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
I didn't think the 9th inning play was that great...it more seemed that he fell on his knees and just made the play more difficult than what it shoulda have been....

*runsfercover*

It was just a bit above average pickup. Most shortstops should get to the ball. It was a nice throw. Overall, I think it looked much better because no d-backs shortstop in a long time makes that play. Cintron might in the 3rd inning but not in the 9th.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
It was just a bit above average pickup. Most shortstops should get to the ball. It was a nice throw. Overall, I think it looked much better because no d-backs shortstop in a long time makes that play. Cintron might in the 3rd inning but not in the 9th.

Thats a better analysis. Clayton made the play - game over.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what time is todays game? I have been to rapped up in the suns to even look at a schedule.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks up 3-0. Tracy looks like a different player. Looks like he has a lot more confidence. This team is going to hit. It's going to be fun to watch.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two outs and no one on and Clayton gets it going with a walk. Gonzo, Glaus and Green follow with hits. 6-0 Diamondbacks!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's nice to see us getting some hits with 2 outs...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cruz hits a double and it's now 7-0. This is a totally different team then last year. Thank God!