Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glaus homers t make it 2-0 in the 4th.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That botched squeeze looked like last year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
I wonder if Tracy got his signs confused?

It was either him or McCraken. Either way it wasn't too smart especially in a tight game with against Peavy.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3-2. All Both runs are on Webb. He has Peavy down 0-2 and walks him. That was a horrible display of pitching. This inning looks like the Webb of last year.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
It was either him or McCracken. Either way it wasn't too smart especially in a tight game with against Peavy.
It was a very smart play. It took the Padres completely by surprise.

Tracy was just about at home plate when Q would have bunted the ball for an easy suicide squeeze.

It had to be a missed sign. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a smart call by Bob Melvin.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Tony Clark with yet another clutch hit. Game tied up at 4-4

Another blown save by Hoffman against the Dbacks. I don't think he likes playing us

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Tony Clark with yet another clutch hit. Game tied up at 4-4

I thought he was pretty much a waste of roster space when we signed him. But, he's been terrific in these pinch hit spots so far this year.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cormier has been balls to the wall this season, awesome!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bullpen doing a superb job. Who knows when it will end.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
What can ya do. If you cant get any hits for like 5 more innings, there is pretty much no way to win. There is always tomorrow.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I thought he was pretty much a waste of roster space when we signed him. But, he's been terrific in these pinch hit spots so far this year.
Not only pinch hitting (from either side of the plate), but he's pretty much been the platoon 1B against lefties, as well.

Tony Clark has become my favorite Diamondback.

('Sorry, CC, but you're still up there.)

therealnod

Reaction score
Hello, everybody :wave:.

The squeeze play was en vogue yesterday,apparently. The Cards put one on in the 1st against the Braves with one away after having scored 4 runs off Hudson. Molina popped out to Hudson and the runner got doubled off at 3rd. That's 0-2 for the squeeze yesterday, in case anyone's keeping score.

Death to little ball!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Execution, execution, execution.

Actually, I still believe it was missed sign.

I'm sure that Q has the experience to put a bunt on the ground successfully.

It's ironic that he flied out after Tracy was a dead duck. Q is as good as anyone in hitting a routine fly ball with a runner on third and less than two outs -- the ol' sacrifice fly. He seems to have a knack.

But I believe that the suicide squeeze was a good call. Even Bob Brenly used to call them.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Counsell with a major running fart. He should of tagged up, he would of scored easily.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1-0 Padres, bottom of the 7th. Estes has pitched extremely well but once again the bats are dead.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose 2-0. Not Estes fault at all. One more game and the Diamondbacks come home to friendly BOB for 10 games.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
therealnod said:
Molina popped out to Hudson and the runner got doubled off at 3rd. That's 0-2 for the squeeze yesterday, in case anyone's keeping score.
Can excuse the Cards more for this failure (got home too late to see it) since they had roughed up Hudson and Molina is REALLY struggling with the bat with the pitcher coming up next. The Dbacks one was a dope slap moment that shocked everyone (including McCracken since he was either totally inept at the play or *more likely* missed the sign)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
moviegeekjn said:
The Dbacks one was a dope slap moment that shocked everyone (including McCracken since he was either totally inept at the play or *more likely* missed the sign)
According to The Republic, he missed the sign.

therealnod

Reaction score
moviegeekjn said:
Can excuse the Cards more for this failure (got home too late to see it) since they had roughed up Hudson and Molina is REALLY struggling with the bat with the pitcher coming up next. The Dbacks one was a dope slap moment that shocked everyone (including McCracken since he was either totally inept at the play or *more likely* missed the sign)
I saw the play--in fact, I taped the game--and being that the Cards won 6-5, I would think that trusting Yadier to either hit a flyball or grounder to the right side is a better play than putting the squeeze on. Took the Cards out of a potentially huge inning. Up 4-0 there's no reason to try and manufacture an extra run in the first inning. Just let your team score as many runs as it can the "normal" way. LaRussa annoys me.

BM is just...not bright. Maybe I should give him more time, but I'd been warned that he would not be good. So far, so not good.

As far as Q missing the sign, I saw no reference to the play in the AZRep.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan