Diamondbacks vs Padres series thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonzo knocks in CC, 1-0 Dbacks in the first. Nice to see the offense strike early after last nights performance. :thumbup:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
therealnod said:
BM is just...not bright. Maybe I should give him more time, but I'd been warned that he would not be good. So far, so not good. As far as Q missing the sign, I saw no reference to the play in the AZRep.
Bob McManaman's column in today's Republic said:
SQUEEZED

Arizona lost a chance to add a pivotal run during Friday's extra-inning affair when Quinton McCracken missed the sign on a suicide-squeeze attempt in the fourth, which left Chad Tracy hanging out to dry.

There was speculation that Padres pitcher Jake Peavy had caught Tracy running home out of the corner of his eye and altered his pitch to catcher Ramon Hernandezto keep McCracken from laying down a decent bunt. Hernandez said that wasn't the case.

"We took a chance and it just didn't work," Tracy said.

I didn't make it up, therealnod. :cheers:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0501dbacksnb0501.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Sunday's victory over the Padres, Javier Vasquez pitched a complete game, with 2 runs given up, 8 strikeouts and no walks. That's, I believe, 3 straight quality starts from our #1 starter. 'Great to see.

The D'backs batted around 4 times and Craig Counsell led off in all four of his at-bats, getting on three times. Plus he's 8 of 9 in stolen base attemps this season.

For those who thought it was a mistake to bring Craig back, then bat him lead-off, I don't think so. :thumbup:

therealnod

Reaction score
I did see that in today's article. Don't know why it missed the postgame review. A day late a comment short? There has to be more to this story...I'm just saying.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan