Diaw, Are you there?

Reaction score
After looking at the pistons/suns game stats, the first thing that really stuck out is the fact that Diaw and Hill combined for 2 POINTS!?! I can understand Hill having a bad day, and the detroit defense getting to him, but Diaw is running out of excuses. He is SO inconsistent its not even funny. What happened to you Diaw? You have absolutely no confidence in your game right now. You make bad decisions, poor shot selection, play bad defense. I wish the Diaw of 2005-06 would show up to play this year :(

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DIAW???

And no I am not a troll, I want my suns to win the championship, hopefully they can adjust in time :(

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might not be a troll, but making a big name ALL IN CAPS might not have been the best idea.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DIAW???
A poor shooting Point Guard, in the body of a Small Forward, playing Center, and now the backup to a 7-footer who outweighs him by 100 pounds no less.

How to shred a man's confidence. Especially one who is passive on the court to start with.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
D'antoni needs to find a better way to utilize him then, he should definitely not play the 5 spot when shaq is resting. I'd rather have Amare at the 5 and Diaw at the 4 in that case.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I would rather trade Diaw for a box of crackers and cap space... but there are no takers.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
The sad part is, Diaw is full of talent. He can drive, spot up for the jumper, has excellent ball handling skills (when his confidence is high), his D is lacking though. He really shined in 05-06, and could play like that if he chose to, but it looks like he's scared out there :(

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I remember a couple years ago, I told a friend of mine that Diaw was going to be one of the next big super starts in the NBA. After watching him play in 05-06 I remember thinking that the West was in serious trouble knowing that a team like the Suns had a player like that.

Does anyone know how he has fallen off so much? There is no way I'm going to believe that he doesn't have any talent. Does he just not fit with the Suns style? This one really surprises me. I actually really like Diaw, even though I'm a Laker fan, I'm a little sad to hear he's doing so poorly. Seems like a really good guy.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I remember a couple years ago, I told a friend of mine that Diaw was going to be one of the next big super starts in the NBA. After watching him play in 05-06 I remember thinking that the West was in serious trouble knowing that a team like the Suns had a player like that.

Does anyone know how he has fallen off so much? There is no way I'm going to believe that he doesn't have any talent. Does he just not fit with the Suns style? This one really surprises me. I actually really like Diaw, even though I'm a Laker fan, I'm a little sad to hear he's doing so poorly. Seems like a really good guy.
The main reasons......contract year, laziness.

He just never adjusted well to Amare being back. He was in and out of the starting lineup, and I know last year he struggled with back issues. I was willing to give him that excuse last year with the hope that he would somewhat redeem himself.

At times, he has sort of resembled that 05-06 player that had all of us thinking we got the good end of the JJ trade. But overall, he's just lazy and carefree. Nothing bothers him. There is no fire. He's just a "go with the flow type guy", and he doesn't have a desire to be a better player.

So disappointing.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You think 9 million dollars per year would solve his issues, but alas, he just feels like stealing money.

But hey, four years from now he looks like a nice tasty expiring contract.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
There was one play in particular that really pissed me off, one of the pistons drove into the paint and shoots, shaq leaves his man to defend the shot, makes the piston alter his shot and miss, and then shaq's man is all alone for the rebound jam put back. DIAW didnt come into the paint to help out and block out the piston.

*sigh*

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Diaw plays too hesitant and its so obvious, its like the first day of school when you don't know anyone with him. I honestly can't stand Diaw and I hope he leaves soon. He's the worst signing the Suns have made after one good year. He could be a force if he had some balls.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
I just wish I could see DA go off on him when he puts his tail between his legs and passes up a sure shot. Enough of this fragile ego crap, he make too much $$$ and we have been babying him way too long.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
To say Diaw plays bad defense, suggest's he plays defense at all. He doesnt. They should have traded Diaw. Perhaps Barbosa as well.. It's a shame. But perhaps next year they can re-establish their roster. Right now the roster (with Marion) is just too finesse. We need a JOE JOHNSON. That's what were missing more than anything. Because if we had a guy like that we could afford to not have a defense. But now this team is average on defense and BAD on offense.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
To say Diaw plays bad defense, suggest's he plays defense at all. He doesnt. They should have traded Diaw. Perhaps Barbosa as well.. It's a shame. But perhaps next year they can re-establish their roster. Right now the roster (with Marion) is just too finesse. We need a JOE JOHNSON. That's what were missing more than anything. Because if we had a guy like that we could afford to not have a defense. But now this team is average on defense and BAD on offense.

huh?? Marion wasn't that big of an offensive player for us to stink this bad. I think it was 2 nights of bad shooting. The Suns were fine against the Lakers and that shows they aren't as bad as the Piston loss suggests to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see teams leaving Diaw open from the outside the rest of the season. They are going to dare him to shoot the outside shot so they can cheat down on Shaq or Amare. Diaw can't afford to be passive more then ever now.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I've actually been pleasantly surprised by Diaw's defense lately. He is never going to be a lockdown defender but he's been sound positionally and usually rotates well. Of course putting him on Sheed on Sunday made him look absolutely useless but Sheed was unstoppable yesterday.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score

Trade Diaw and especially Barbosa?Oh come on.Diaw was most improved player not long ago and Barbosa got the 6th man of the year.
Barbosa is one of the quickest guys in NBA and penetrates great for a lay-up.Diaw's difference is his assists,I think he's one of the best passers for his height.And no,we will always need defense,not having defense has been killing us last 3 years.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I have zero attachment to Diaw and will give a standing ovation the day he is traded.

Sunsei

Reaction score
Finally, the Diaw haters can unleash their fury after a bad game, even though he had been playing well since the departure of Marion.

In the Detroit game, he played less than 9 minutes in the first half, and was stupidly removed from the line up in the second quarter after the Suns had gone on pretty much their first run.

When he left the game, the Suns were trailing by 6. When he came back, they had a 25-point deficit. So yeah, let's blame him for the loss...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lets do, he is the worst player on the team who has probably one of the top skill sets on the team. If anyone deserves blame its him.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Diaw had 2 freakin points in the detroit game. Not to mention his terrible defense. He is the most inconsistent player on the suns. All year long he's been way too inconsistant and scared. He's a pvssy. The sad part is, he has the talent and skills, he's just too scared to use them for some reason.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
There really isn't any excuse to counter why Diaw is sucking so bad. You know it's bad when Al McCoy talks about him not utilizing his skills as "just not there," every time he misses his shots or doesn't perform up to his old standards....
and he's just being nice.

Diaw gets 9 million and played great in 05/06....he is not the same as he used to be and it's funny to see people defend him still.....it should get to Diaw's head and maybe he'll wake up and actually play his game and utilize his talents. If you watch him all of sudden crash the boards, go up for a dunk or get his own vollying rebound only to put it back in the old diaw ways....you wonder, why does he do this all of a sudden and than click back to pansy boris mode.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone remember having these exact same conversations about Joe Johnson his first few years in the league? I sure do. One of these days, it's going to click for Boris (again). I just hope it's sooner rather than later, and I also hope it doesn't involve Amare's knees (again).