Disappointing

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Commander still have a terrible offensive line, but Kliff is moving the pocket a lot and calling a ton of screens to offset the pressure. Look at the Commander's signings and their production, all the players the Commanders brought in are pretty bad. Kliff and Jayden are elevating them to be more than the sum of their parts. Their defense is bottom 3 and if Jayden doesn't continue playing like MVP they will lose a lot of games.

Overall the Commanders are the least talented team in the entire league right now. It turns out the only thing you need to fix a team is a great QB and a good offensive play caller. Daniels and Kliff are the only reasons they are doing anything.
Least talented team in the league lol now that’s just nonsense. Did you miss the game today? Carolina, a few teams have worse talent than Washington that’s crazy talk!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol! The offense which was supposed to carry this team scored 7 points before the” prevent defense “ came into play.
So 13 points last week and 14 points this week. Juggernaut. That would get some QB’s benched.
Except the professionals can see the actual problems and it’s not the QB lol…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you could argue that Zay Jones was supposed to be that #2 who could have taken some of the responsibilities off of MHJ. But, that was a screw up not seeing the 6 game suspension that was coming.
If Monti even thought for a second that a scrap heap WR, who’s averaged 425 yards per season over 6 years and signed for 2 million dollars could have taken any responsibilities off our rookie WR, he’s dumber than a bag of hammers.

The fact that he signed him KNOWING there was a suspension coming while doing nothing else at the position was idiotic.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Least talented team in the league lol now that’s just nonsense. Did you miss the game today? Carolina, a few teams have worse talent than Washington that’s crazy talk!
I seriously believe Washington has the worst talent in the league outside of Jayden Daniels. They have talent, all NFL teams do, but they don't have many stars. As for today, it goes to show how important QB is. The Commanders have a roster of nobodies, but their rookie QB is such a stud that they are probably better than a lot of teams in the league now.

Washington's offense has a statistically bottom 5 OL (horrendous OTs), wide receivers 2 and 3 that were WR 4s on the Eagles/Texans last year, and washed Zach Ertz. Jayden Daniels is working with the worst supporting cast in the league and its not close. Terry McLaurin is a stud, the the rest of their non QB skill players on offense would not start for any other team. If you look at who is actually producing for them right now its Terry, their mid RB, washed Ertz, washed Eckler and Jayden's legs. Their other guys are JAGs that Kliff is managing to scheme open.

As for their defense, all they has is a couple of decent DTs and a way past his prime Bobby Wagner. Their secondary is the worst in the league, its a rotation of a practice squad corners, a 1st round corner was has been awful in every game except for today and below average safeties. Their edge rushing group are JAGs that average 3 sacks a year. They shut down Kyler today, but they haven't been able to shut down anyone else.

Who is worse? The Patriots/Broncos are close to as bad with offensive supporting cast, but they both have blue chip talent on defense that make them more over all more talented than Washington.

Carolina has statistically the 3rd best OL in the league, Dionte Johnson, Xavier Legette was been very good so far, and a couple elite corners. They were only terrible because Bryce Young is Josh Rosen levels of incompetent, now that Bryce is gone their talent is shining. Terry is the only Washington skill player who would start for them.

The Raiders are loaded with talent outside of QB and RB. Their WRs and TEs are elite.

The Titans are not loaded with talent but Ridley and Hopkins, Boyd and Pollard is a skill position group Washington would kill for.

Jags? They are one of the few teams with a OL just as bad as the Commanders, but Kirk, Brian Thomas and Etienne would all start for the commanders. The Jags DL has blue chip talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a terrible game for Kyler's credibility IMO.

Not only did he play poorly, he had 142 yards against one of the worst passing defenses in the league and only 3 yards rushing vs man coverage, but Kliff basically told everyone that the issues he had were all Kyler.

He came into State Farm with a rookie mobile QB and absolutely dumped on us, while at the same time helping the Skins defense to embarrass Kyler.

It's not hard to imagine Kliff in the meeting room saying "All you have to do with Kyler is play man, take away the quick pass, and mush rush so he can't use his legs".

Washington completely embarrassed Kyler yesterday.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe one of the reasons Monti was hired was he was agreeable to be frugal with Bidwill’s money. With Bidwill paying through the nose for Kliff , Keim and past coaching staffs sure plays a role why we are “ saving” 20m in cap space.
Sad but I think it’s true.
I've said that all along but was told he had no spending limit. He clearly does. It is obvious.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was a terrible game for Kyler's credibility IMO.

Not only did he play poorly, he had 142 yards against one of the worst passing defenses in the league and only 3 yards rushing vs man coverage, but Kliff basically told everyone that the issues he had were all Kyler.

He came into State Farm with a rookie mobile QB and absolutely dumped on us, while at the same time helping the Skins defense to embarrass Kyler.

It's not hard to imagine Kliff in the meeting room saying "All you have to do with Kyler is play man, take away the quick pass, and mush rush so he can't use his legs".

Washington completely embarrassed Kyler yesterday.
Scary thought: Was Kliffy coaching down for Kyler and that's what made our offense suck? Ugh.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
If Monti even thought for a second that a scrap heap WR, who’s averaged 425 yards per season over 6 years and signed for 2 million dollars could have taken any responsibilities off our rookie WR, he’s dumber than a bag of hammers.

The fact that he signed him KNOWING there was a suspension coming while doing nothing else at the position was idiotic.

Signing Jones was absolutely inexcusable knowing the suspension was coming. We have a super inexperienced WR room and you bring in a guy who is suspended. It screams incompetence.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signing Jones was absolutely inexcusable knowing the suspension was coming. We have a super inexperienced WR room and you bring in a guy who is suspended. It screams incompetence.
I don't think he knew for sure the suspension, or how long it would be, was coming. He did have to know that it was possible. It was a bad risk to take.

Looking at free agency so far you have to say we didn't do very good. Brown is easily the best signing. Nichols hasn't been much of an upgrade. Jones was playing the worst of any dlineman and is now out for the season. Murphy-Bunting is yet another mediocre CB who will force us to think of CB in round one.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cardinal Team is void in quality talent on the complete roster with the exception of a couple of players. The DL has to be the worst in the league; the OL is in the bottom of the league. No pass rushers. No speed throughout the roster, especially the WRs.
Just a very bad team on talent and a terrible OC; terrible play calling the last 2 games.
I've been a Cardinal fan since 1960 and have watched many bad games, but yesterdays was the worse.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinal Team is void in quality talent on the complete roster with the exception of a couple of players. The DL has to be the worst in the league; the OL is in the bottom of the league. No pass rushers. No speed throughout the roster, especially the WRs.
Just a very bad team on talent and a terrible OC; terrible play calling the last 2 games.
I've been a Cardinal fan since 1960 and have watched many bad games, but yesterdays was the worse.

I mean, I know people are feeling a bit raw today but yesterday was definitely not the worst. It's likely not top 10, probably not top 20. Certainly not the worst.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, I know people are feeling a bit raw today but yesterday was definitely not the worst. It's likely not top 10, probably not top 20. Certainly not the worst.
I dunno, we haven’t gotten blown out by a lot of teams we thought were a w with a rookie qb in his 4th game and a DC we all wanted canned. This is pretty bad. I’d say top 10 since they moved to az.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake