Do we already know who we are playing in 2007?

pinnacle

Reaction score
I heard an ad on the radio encouraging fans to get on the "season ticket waiting list" for the Cardinals. I think the ad was on 860 AM.... The ad mentioned that next season the Cardinals will be playing their usual NFC west opponents at home...plus Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Carolina (they mentioned one other team....cannot remember who it was).

Is this right? Would we be playing Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Carolina in the regular season...or could that be preseason? doubt the steelers will be here two years in a row for preseason. This is for the 2007 season...Or...is it possible we will be playing these teams (pitt, Atl and Car) during the season but the home and away has not been determined? The way I heard the ad...it clearly sounded like we are playing Pitt, Atl and Carolina at home during the regular season.

It is unusual that we already know who the home games for next season are against? or...do we usually know by now?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
HOME
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
NFC North

AWAY
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Cincinnati
NFC East

Plus our division rivals 2x.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOME
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
NFC North

AWAY
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Cincinnati
NFC East

Looks like another BRUTAL schedule for the Cards.

Geez, can you say 4-12 next year too..

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
HOME
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
NFC North

AWAY
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Cincinnati
NFC East

Correct. The NFC North and NFC East will be the same place finishers. Let's say we finish last (not a stretch), then if the season ended today, we would play Detroit - NFC North at home and Washington - NFC East away.

This year the two "based on where you finish" teams were the NFC East at home (which was Dallas) and at the NFC South (which was Atlanta). I know you're wondering why we always play Detroit, but Detroit this year was part of the NFC North schedule where we play Detroit and Chicago at home and Green Bay and Minnesota on the road. It's the reverse from 3 years ago when we played both Green Bay and Minnesota at home and won both (McCown pass).

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Great. So do we play ATL and DET every year?

:rolleyes:

That schedule is UGLY. We are again looking down the barrel of 3-4 wins, if we get hot....

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The crappiest part of our schedule is that we have to wait until 2009 to finally see the Colts (and Peyton Manning) play in Arizona. This is all part of a pre-arranged schedule that spanned from 2002 through 2009. Over that 8 year period, each team would play all teams at home and away from the opposing conference once. The schedule will repeat again from 2010 through 2017.

Here's is a good link. Of course the graphic doesn't show the 6 divisional games (3 home and 3 away) that are played every year.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcw.htm

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the away schedule looks brutal, but the home schedule looks do-able (for an average NFL team...let's face it; right now ANY schedule looks tough because we're looking up at the 31 other teams).

RedRamage

Reaction score
Great. So do we play ATL and DET every year?

:rolleyes:

That schedule is UGLY. We are again looking down the barrel of 3-4 wins, if we get hot....
The funny thing is that this SAME thought was brought up in the Lions forum on MotownSports.com in this thread. After someone asked:
Why does the NFL seemigly require these two horrible franchises to play every year?
The best response was:
Gotta find out who is worse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crappiest part of our schedule is that we have to wait until 2009 to finally see the Colts (and Peyton Manning) play in Arizona.

man, I think that's the BEST part of the schedule. We couldn't even beat their practice squad last year. I don't need to see what they're real squad would do to us, especially at home. Losing 38-0 on the road is one thing, taking that kidn of beating at home is another.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05