Do you guys think Bell will get a one-game suspension?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
bko32 said:
i think he will get suspended although, as a laker fan, i don't want to see it happen. i want to see a hard fought series with both teams at as close to full strength as possible.

So you want to see the Lakers lose, then? :lol:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The REAL solution would be to suspend them BOTH for game 6. Kobe gave Bell a nice elbow to the jaw, which caused Bell to retaliate. They're already close to killing eachother.

A one game suspension for each seems about right. (It will never happen though. If anything the NBA will send a teddy bear to Kobe and set fire to Raja's house.)

mribnik

Reaction score
Here's what I think. Bell should be suspended. That was a downright dirty play. However, since the league didn't suspend Luke Walton, or fine Kwame, it would look pretty bad IMO.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xmykro said:
Those fouls are not even comparable to what Raja did. He wrapped his arm around Kobes neck, then he pushed Kobes face to the ground.

He's going to get suspended.

They are too comparable...and if none of your Laker's got suspended for the Walton clothesline, or the Kwamie elbow-knock-down...then Raja shouldn't either.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
The Evans comment is an interesting one. He literally violated another man and didn't get suspended. Let the NBA fine Raja $25,000 but suspending him is gonna be a mistake. Raja will probably be suspended for the pure fact that it was a superstar that he did it to.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
So you want to see the Lakers lose, then? :lol:

no, i just don't want you guys to use the excuse that the suns lost because bell was suspended :D

mribnik

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
The REAL solution would be to suspend them BOTH for game 6. Kobe gave Bell a nice elbow to the jaw, which caused Bell to retaliate. They're already close to killing eachother.

A one game suspension for each seems about right. (It will never happen though. If anything the NBA will send a teddy bear to Kobe and set fire to Raja's house.)

When did Kobe elbow Raja in the jaw? Was that right before bell got ejected? Just wondering cause I didn't see it, but if it was obvious, the league would have to look at that in the replay.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
mribnik said:
When did Kobe elbow Raja in the jaw? Was that right before bell got ejected? Just wondering cause I didn't see it, but if it was obvious, the league would have to look at that in the replay.

It was about 10 minutes previous to the Raja foul. Although, the foul was called on Bell. (Of course.) It was clear on the replay that Kobe did it intentionally.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sir Charles and Kenny Smith think he will be suspended. Smith thinks the Bell foul is going to motivate the Lakers even more. It sounds like Kenny thinks the Suns will lose game 6.

Phil Jackson doesn't think he should be suspended. He said he wants him playing.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
mribnik said:

Yes, it was a couple minutes prior to the Bell incident.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Sir Charles and Kenny Smith think he will be suspended. Smith thinks the Bell foul is going to motivate the Lakers even more. It sounds like Kenny thinks the Suns will lose game 6.

So do I. Hopefully I can be proved wrong.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I agree 100% with what the Chuckster said tonight. Bell cost the Suns the series

Wait a minute, did Barkley really say that? If Bell's suspension costs the Suns the series, that's equivalent to saying that they'd win if he were available. How can Barkley be saying that the Suns would win with Bell, when he calls the Suns hopeless every chance he gets?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
mribnik said:

Something was also going on right before Raja fouled Kobe, wasn't sure what, but you could tell on the inbounds play a few seconds earlier that something had happened. Raja was on Kobe's back waiting for the ball to be inbounded, and Kobe pretty much just kept swinging his elbows back to brush him off. Then again, that could happen on every play with him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Phil Jackson just said Raja shouldn't be suspended

LOL, classic. Jackson knows his opinion doesn't matter, so he seizes the opportunity to appear generous and flexible. Of course he's praying that Bell is suspended.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
They are too comparable...and if none of your Laker's got suspended for the Walton clothesline, or the Kwamie elbow-knock-down...then Raja shouldn't either.

i've got to respectfully disagree with you. luke's foul looked a lot worse than what it really was. it's like if you undercut a guy and he lands on his head. usually undercutting a guy isn't a big deal, but if the guy lands on his head it looks a lot worse. i don't recall walton's play as a clothesline because i don't recall walton hitting thomas in the head or throat area. i could be wrong and i'd like to see a video of it again. kwame's foul itself wasn't that bad. it was the taunting that pushed it over the edge. however, i'm not sure if that should've warranted a suspension. he probably should have been ejected from that game but not suspended. bell, as he himself admitted in the news conference afterward, lost his head and simply retaliated because of the elbow that kobe gave him. it was malicious and uncalled for, and not basketball related. it was simply a cheapshot to get back at kobe.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
bko32 said:
i've got to respectfully disagree with you. luke's foul looked a lot worse than what it really was. it's like if you undercut a guy and he lands on his head. usually undercutting a guy isn't a big deal, but if the guy lands on his head it looks a lot worse. i don't recall walton's play as a clothesline because i don't recall walton hitting thomas in the head or throat area. i could be wrong and i'd like to see a video of it again. kwame's foul itself wasn't that bad. it was the taunting that pushed it over the edge. however, i'm not sure if that should've warranted a suspension. he probably should have been ejected from that game but not suspended. bell, as he himself admitted in the news conference afterward, lost his head and simply retaliated because of the elbow that kobe gave him. it was malicious and uncalled for, and not basketball related. it was simply a cheapshot to get back at kobe.

Give up. You're on a Suns forum.

xmykro

Reaction score
Phil just said "We want him out there"...

That Lakers team is gonna be crazy motivated if Raja is out there.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Give up. You're on a Suns forum.

what do i need to give up at? i'm not trying to convince anyone on this board of anything. i stated in a previous post that i don't want bell to be suspended. i can't simply disagree with someone on this board?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
bko32 said:

He grabbed him by the arms and then him down from behind. How is that a non comparable cheap shot?

It was intentional and deseved a flagrant. A cheap shot is a cheap shot is a cheap shot in my opinion. I don't give a damn about the maliciousness it was still a stupid cheap shot where Luke was lucky that TT landed on his butt and not on his neck or head

mribnik

Reaction score
I don't think Bell getting suspended necessary costs us the series. I would put James Jones on Kobe. JR is a capable defender. If the Lakers focus on exploiting that matchup, it could disrupt what they've been trying to do all series.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Wait a minute, did Barkley really say that? If Bell's suspension costs the Suns the series, that's equivalent to saying that they'd win if he were available. How can Barkley be saying that the Suns would win with Bell, when he calls the Suns hopeless every chance he gets?

Barkley basically said that whether Bell plays or not he cost the Suns the series. That LA and the LA fans will be so jacked up itll be hard to match their intensity. Personally thats what I fear more than Raja being suspended.

Also if Raja does play, Im wondering if he'll get killed every time he has the ball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
bko32 said:

You are simply wrong about the Luke foul. It was within the first 2 minutes of the game! Granted, he probably didn't mean it to be that hard, but it was, and since when to reasons matter to the higher-ups in the NBA when throwing out suspensions?

NOBODY is arguing that the foul that Raja did on Kobe was bad, nobody is really saying that he SHOULDN'T be suspended if all things were normal. But all things are NOT normal. Luke Walton clotheslined Tim Thomas as he was flying in for a layup. Right after the game started. That is absolutely suspension worthy, when you look at James Posey and what HE was suspended for. And that's without even mentioning Kwame Brown.