Do you think Nash still has a chance to win the MVP Award?

fordronken

Reaction score
I don't think Ginobili will win Sixth Man. The criteria are so subjective that it gives voters too much leeway to play personal preferences. Ginobili is the league's most despised flopper, whereas Gordon has won the award already and still seems to be something of a malcontent. Barbosa is the feel-good story, so my money is on him.

I think David Lee has a shot as well. But I also think people are going to say "Look how much the Spurs started winning when Ginobilli went to the bench! He's got to win!"

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think David Lee has a shot as well. But I also think people are going to say "Look how much the Spurs started winning when Ginobilli went to the bench! He's got to win!"

Oh, right, I forgot about David Lee. He has a good chance, although the general hatred for Isaih Thomas will hurt him.

I wouldn't blame anyone for voting for Ginobili, but my hunch is that Barbosa will be seen as a more critical "bench sparkplug" for the Suns than Ginobili is for the Spurs. I could be wrong, of course.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To me, the race is David Lee vs. Leandro Barbosa. There shouldn't be anyone else. And considering that Barbosa could easily start on most NBA teams, he by and large deserves the award more than anyone else.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
To me, the race is David Lee vs. Leandro Barbosa. There shouldn't be anyone else. And considering that Barbosa could easily start on most NBA teams, he by and large deserves the award more than anyone else.
I don't disagree with that. I've seen a lot more from barbosa than lee or ginobli because i don't have nbalp. but if the award was given today it would be hard for me to go against LB. i don't think ginobli is a 6th man...he is more of a 3rd man. Pop is just very innovative in the way he runs his program. that's why the spurs are who they are.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05