Dockett Ready To Emerge Again

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I’m still Darnell,” Dockett said. “I still talk (expletive.) I’ll still (expletive) you up. I’ll still do all that. Now, though, I want to know what I’m doing every day (defensively). When I hear a call, I want to know it from jump. Once I learn that, then I’m back on top of the radar again.”

Love me some Dockett!

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...ge-Again/a8fa2ee6-8ddf-4a61-97e7-f361722f26a5

You must be registered for see images

Horton smiled when noting that Dockett had been the first player to call him when he was first hired, but the last guy to come on board.

I read that a laughed. Sure sounds like Dockett.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe I'm one of the few people who thought Dockett never disappeared. I thought he did outstanding considering what he was asked to do last year, considering he's a little light to be doing it. He struggled early in the season but by midseason he was doing his job and funneling dudes to Campbell and still, according to some reports, had more hands on the QB than anyone (not getting the sack). For his size and his position in a 3-4 I was very impressed to be honest, especially the latter half of the year. He sheds double teams regularly in a 3-4 and shouldn't be able to at his weight. He gets tremendous (low) leverage and has great gap penetration and sideline to sideline speed. He really knows how to use his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Sometimes he just plugs holes and eats up two Olineman and while that doesn't show up in the stat sheet it's what he's supposed to do and he does it without getting knocked on his ass. For being under 300 lbs that's better than anyone at his position and size. I always want to compare him to John Randle in size, but Randle had such HOF #'s that nobody compares. Can't think of anyone else to compare him to though. Randle had the good fortune to play in a 4-3 though. For Dock to do what he does in a 3-4 is outstanding.

He's badass and I hope he explodes this year.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
define explode?

I hope so too, I don't think he is all that and a cup of butter. I think He is good but nothing like Randall? He's 102.5 sacks away!

Man- DD can be handle - has been handled- He can dominate in short spurts- does not demand full double teams like many try to say, He aint taking any dominate DT's job any time soon. He is really a tweener.

Maybe I'm one of the few people who thought Dockett never disappeared. I thought he did outstanding considering what he was asked to do last year, considering he's a little light to be doing it. He struggled early in the season but by midseason he was doing his job and funneling dudes to Campbell and still, according to some reports, had more hands on the QB than anyone (not getting the sack). For his size and his position in a 3-4 I was very impressed to be honest, especially the latter half of the year. He sheds double teams regularly in a 3-4 and shouldn't be able to at his weight. He gets tremendous (low) leverage and has great gap penetration and sideline to sideline speed. He really knows how to use his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Sometimes he just plugs holes and eats up two Olineman and while that doesn't show up in the stat sheet it's what he's supposed to do and he does it without getting knocked on his ass. For being under 300 lbs that's better than anyone at his position and size. I always want to compare him to John Randle in size, but Randle had such HOF #'s that nobody compares. Can't think of anyone else to compare him to though. Randle had the good fortune to play in a 4-3 though. For Dock to do what he does in a 3-4 is outstanding.

He's badass and I hope he explodes this year.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
That. Visor. Is. Awesome.

I swear its not legal come game time though, right?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05