Dodgers vs. D-backs series thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosales relieves Lyon, two batters too late.

Martin singles, Ethier scores.

5 run inning for the Dodgers, so far.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is making me sick - especially against the Dodgers

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Genius move by BoMel to start Clark over Tracey.

0-5 and an error. I guess he's trying to cool Tracey off. Don't want anybody batting over .400 in the month of July. That's not what this team is all about.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

0-5 and an error. I guess he's trying to cool Tracey off. Don't want anybody batting over .400 in the month of July. That's not what this team is all about.

I was po'd about that as well...

Way to screw up again, Dbacks...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW - I missed the Drew triple/out at home - how close was it?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't understand how this team could be so good in April and suck so bad the last 2 1/2 months?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Frustrating loss...still haven't lost hope in Lyon, but we need another reliever desperately...this was Lyon's third straight outing. We really lack quality depth in a bullpen and it's showing now. That was hard to watch. Had a chance to go two up on the Dodgers and now we're tied again, ugh...

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The problem is that Tracy is coming off knee surgery and can't be expected to start every single game.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the last few innings, thinking they had this game in the bag. Why did Melvin take Webb out and pitch Lyon for the third straight day? I don't care if it was due to Webb's pitch count, the guy pitched 8 solid innings and he would be a better option than Lyon in the 9th today.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the last few innings, thinking they had this game in the bag. Why did Melvin take Webb out and pitch Lyon for the third straight day? I don't care if it was due to Webb's pitch count, the guy pitched 8 solid innings and he would be a better option than Lyon in the 9th today.

I was 50/50 on that. Webb's 7th and 8th innings seemed a little shaky. He allowed two baserunners in each inning.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From those two walks in the eighth it was pretty obvious that Webb was running on empty.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From those two walks in the eighth it was pretty obvious that Webb was running on empty.

I did not see the 8th but it looks like he got out of it. I would rather have Webby than Lyon today in the 9th. I am so sick of the pitch count, especially with how depleted this bullpen is.

Reaction score
look, this was a hard game but u cant blame BoMel for taking Webb out, he was on empty, u just have to have faith in ur closer (who has been good all year practically). What u can blame him for was keeping Lyon out there after the bastards tied it up, he should've just pulled Lyon. Prior to that Melvin had a good day managing, putting pressure on the defense w/running game, squeeze play, etc.

This is a hard game to swallow! I finally am not gonna look at this team as a playoff team until they play like it, im gonna look at them for what they are, a sub-.500 team (it took me this long to realize that this team may not win the division, i had high hopes!).

The season is on the line against the cubs, imo. Sure, they're the best team in the NL but playoff teams take care of business at home. We'll find out what this team is made of over the next three days.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
look, this was a hard game but u cant blame BoMel for taking Webb out, he was on empty, u just have to have faith in ur closer (who has been good all year practically). What u can blame him for was keeping Lyon out there after the bastards tied it up, he should've just pulled Lyon. Prior to that Melvin had a good day managing, putting pressure on the defense w/running game, squeeze play, etc.

This is a hard game to swallow! I finally am not gonna look at this team as a playoff team until they play like it, im gonna look at them for what they are, a sub-.500 team (it took me this long to realize that this team may not win the division, i had high hopes!).

The season is on the line against the cubs, imo. Sure, they're the best team in the NL but playoff teams take care of business at home. We'll find out what this team is made of over the next three days.

Pitching Lyon in the 9th for the third consecutive day makes no sense, especially the way he pitched last night. I don't think the Cubs series makes or breaks the season. The diviision is very weak so I don't see any team running away with it, especially with two months to go.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have one more question about today's game. Why did Melvin start Clark ahead of one of the hottest hitters(Tracy) on the team? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Reaction score
i forgot Lyon pitched an inning on Fri. so he shouldn't have gone in there, but keeping in Webb was not the answer either. Also, i do think that cubs series is very important cuz this team has to be deflated and have a loss of confidence while the dodgers are riding high and have a favorable schedule (against COL, WAS, SFG, and our very own Diamondbacks). So yes, i do think this series and this week is big for us to keep close to 1st and/or take 1st place. if we stink it up again the dbacks are in danger of seeing the dodgers in october while theyre sitting in their homes wondering what could've been!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one more question about today's game. Why did Melvin start Clark ahead of one of the hottest hitters(Tracy) on the team? Makes no sense whatsoever.
The problem is that Tracy is coming off knee surgery and can't be expected to start every single game.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough loss.

I liked our aggressiveness from beginning to end. Just keep on playing hard and we'll be in the hunt all year.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I question whether this team could do well in Double A, quite frankly. What a horrible day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05