Don't look now, but the Niners are 2-1 too

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bang:

This division might be tight again, only the Niners will be the ones fighting with us for it instead of the Hags.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
They beat 2 bad teams... Sound familiar? Will be a fight if we are not who we thought we were. Hopefully a few teams let us off the hook and they crown our ass as NFC West champeens.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Niners beat the lowly Lions, and had their play book to boot. Not impressed yet

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, if their offensive unit comes together and O'Sullivan keeps managing the game like he did against us, then I think they could be a division threat. Especially with the decent defense they have over there.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, SOMEBODY has to challenge US....

Did we really think we were going to go (16-0) and the rest of the West (0-16)?? I do agree that S.F. might pose the BIGGEST challenge, BUT we've already got a leg-up w/ a HUGE WIN against them ...AND they have to come to the "nest" next time. I think the Cards have LOTS of room for improvement BUT they are definitely going to compete week-in & week-out. ...And when it's all said & done we'll have WON the WEST! :D GO CARDS!! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
We beat them in their house. If we had played Detriot and they had played Washington this week we would all be partying right now. No need to worry at all yet.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes. But they didn't just beat Detroit. They smashed them, just like we smashed Miami.

They went into Seattle and beat them there, then demolished Detroit. We ran on them for the entire second half, keeping the ball out of their hands, or our game woud have closer. Their offense may be All Frank Gore, all the time, but he's a stud.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
49ers next six games:

• @ New Orleans
  • vs. New England
  • vs. Philadelphia
  • @ NY Giants
  • vs. Seattle
  • @ Arizona
That should bring them back to reality

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
49ers next six games:

• @ New Orleans
  • vs. New England
  • vs. Philadelphia
  • @ NY Giants
  • vs. Seattle
  • @ Arizona
That should bring them back to reality

Sure, the next few games will really show what kind of team the 49ers are. But if the 49ers can manage to pull out 2 wins out of the next 4, I will be very happy

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Also we're tied for the division with you guys so it really should get interesting, but Im not getting my hopes up just yet. But it is exciting to see a team that can actually move the ball

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
i picked SF as a surprise team this year. Lack of offense has been their problem and you have to figure Martz would improve that aspect. I think they'll finish second in the west behind the Cards.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
Also we're tied for the division with you guys so it really should get interesting, but Im not getting my hopes up just yet. But it is exciting to see a team that can actually move the ball
Not tied, we hold the advantage.:thumbup:

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
let the schedule even out

they have played two at home, one on the road

the Cards have played two on the road, one at home

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
let the schedule even out

they have played two at home, one on the road

the Cards have played two on the road, one at home
Very good point. We have this week at home, which gets 3 of our 8 out of the way already. IF we can beat the Jets, we are looking good going home vs. da bills.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the niners and miami to have semi-decent seasons. That'll make our wins against them that much sweeter. I was happy to see the 'Fins trounce the Pats for just that reason.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the niners and miami to have semi-decent seasons. That'll make our wins against them that much sweeter. I was happy to see the 'Fins trounce the Pats for just that reason.

December 21st become a heckuva lot more interesting now doesn't it...

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's why winning in the division is SO IMPORTANT. They have the same record, but are still one game behind.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Niners will come back to reality with that schedule. They have some talent but how far really do you think O'Sullivan can take them? I like our chances a lot better than the Niners.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05